Subject: [6tisch] Generic Schedule IE

From: Nicola Accettura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:39:51 -0700

Hi all,
I've been going through the sublayer draft
(draft-wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer-01) and I found that with the reservation
request of Example 1 a node can propose to a neighbor a set of cells, with
each cell featured by timeslot, channel offset and Link options.
In some cases, this could be inefficient in terms of overhead.

Here are some more example:

   1. A node could propose a set of timeslots, waiting the neighbor to
   select the number of timeslots expressed in the BwIE and decide the
   correspondent channel offsets. This would enable a bigger set of timeslots
   to be proposed by a node to a neighbor.
   2. Further than a set of timeslots, there could be a proposed channel
   too, for instance the same for each timeslot proposed.
   3. A node could propose in the same packet different subsets of
   consecutive timeslots (e.g., [3,10], [25, 50], [78,92], which corresponds
   to a total of 8+26+15=49 timeslots)
   4. Going further, it would be very fancy to say to a neighbor "take 1
   cell from the first subset, 2 from the second and 1 from the third". This
   kind of choice is important in some cases for avoiding that we have on a
   node a bunch of consecutive transmission timeslots in a given portion of
   the slotframe and a bunch of receiving timeslots in another non-overlapped
   portion of the same slotframe: in fact the queue would be fullfilled very
   quickly in the receiving portion of the sloframe, with consequent packet
   drops.

I would add that the bandwidth IE could result useless in the 4th case.

So, what do you think of including more examples, and making the BwIE
optional in softcell negotiation?

Any comment will be very much appreciated

Sincerely
Nicola

---

From: Xavier Vilajosana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:16:07 +0200

Hi Nicola,

many thanks for your comments! We will consider making it optional. indeed
we may think in a more extensible BwIE so we cover your proposed examples
(or we make it more general so more cases are supported).

I will update the draft accordingly.

thanks!
X

2014-10-17 5:39 GMT+02:00 Nicola Accettura <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
>
>