Subject: [6tisch] yang model in draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-interface

From: Xavier Vilajosana <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 07:47:58 +0200

All,

During this Friday's 6TiSCH call [1] we will discuss the YANG model defined
in the 6top interface draft.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-interface/

We need the WG's input about whether the model is complete. This is the
interface the 6top sublayer exposes as its management interface, and which
will be accessed either through CoAP (draft-ietf-6tisch-coap) or
IEEE802.15.4e (draft-wang-6tisch-6top-coapie). We need to agree on a
interface now.

The authors have been working with Carl Moberg (YANG doctor [2]) on
finalizing the YANG syntax.

draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-interface defines 2 YANG models: one to manage the
6top MIB, one to manage the 15.4e TSCH PIB. We decided at IETF90 that 6top
will provide a delegate interface to the 15.4e PIB. Security-related
attributes are not included as the management of this information is
related to the final direction we take regarding security management in
6tisch; so we also need to move forward on that.

Please post any comments in this thread, and join the 6TiSCH call this
Friday for further discussion.

Qin & Xavi & Thomas

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6tisch/current/msg02530.html
[2] https://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/yang-doctors.html