Subject: [6tisch] #31 (architecture): Expected operation of 6LoWPAN and RPL nodes

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 12:15:36 -0000

#31: Expected operation of 6LoWPAN and RPL nodes

 The behaviour of leaves vs. 6LowPAN-only nodes has been discussed in the
 last 2 IETFs, in particular in the PlugFests. But this was not reflected
 ion the architecture draft.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:               |    Version:  1.0
  architecture           |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/31>
6tisch <http://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>

---

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:07:04 +0000

Dear all:

Following up on the discussions we had at the last 2 IETF on 6LoWPAN and RPL:
The text over their interaction is still missing from the architecture.
With this issue, I'll be adding some proposed text as a new section 5

   5.  RPL and 6LoWPAN  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  8
     5.1.  RPL Leaf Support in 6LoWPAN ND . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  9
     5.2.  registration Failures Due to Movement  . . . . . . . . . .  9
     5.3.  Proxy registration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  9
     5.4.  Target Registration  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10
     5.5.  RPL root vs. 6LBR  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10
     5.6.  Securing the Registration  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11

Please have a close look at this section for discussions in Hawaii.

Cheers,

Pascal

> -----Original Message-----
> From: 6tisch issue tracker [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: lundi 27 octobre 2014 13:16
> To: [email-masked]; Pascal Thubert (pthubert)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [6tisch] #31 (architecture): Expected operation of 6LoWPAN and RPL
> nodes
> 
> last 2 IETFs, in particular in the PlugFests. But this was not reflected  ion the
> architecture draft.
> 
> --
> -------------------------+----------------------------------------------
> -------------------------+---
> -------------------------+----------------------------------------------
> -------------------------+---
>

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:08:04 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:               |     Version:  1.0
  architecture           |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/31#comment:1>
6tisch <http://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:09:25 -0000

* type:  defect => enhancement

     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/31#comment:2>
6tisch <http://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>