Subject: [6tisch] #25 (tsch): clarify use of MLME-TSCH-MODE.request primitive during joining?

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 01:17:40 -0000

#25: clarify use of MLME-TSCH-MODE.request primitive during joining?

 Several people have pointed out the need to be more specific about the use
 of the MLME-TSCH-MODE.request primitive during joining. That is, when does
 a node issue this command. This discussion was ongoing in the thread
 http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6tisch/current/msg02528.html

 We need to reach consensus how much of this discussion belongs in the
 6tisch-tsch draft, and update the draft accordingly.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  tsch                     |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/25>
6tisch <http://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:50:05 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Proposed rewording (see http://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/6tisch/current/msg02593.html, 10/23/2014):

 OLD
 A mote wishing to join the network listens for EBs. Since EBs are sent on
 all frequencies, the joining node can listen on any frequency until it
 hears an EB. What frequency it listens on, and whether it slowly changes
 frequency during this joining period is implementation-specific. Using the
 ASN and the other timing information of the EB, the new mote synchronizes
 to the network. Using the slotframe and cell information from the EB, it
 knows how to contact other nodes in the network.
 NEW
 A mote wishing to join the network listens for EBs. Since EBs are sent on
 all frequencies, the joining node can listen on any frequency until it
 hears an EB. What frequency it listens on is implementation-specific. Once
 it has received one or more EBs, the new node enables the TSCH mode and
 uses the ASN and the other timing information of the EB to synchronize to
 the network. Using the slotframe and cell information from the EB, it
 knows how to contact other nodes in the network.

 outcome:
 5 "+1's" received on ML. Presented during webex 10/24/2014, no remarks
 against.

 I believe rough consensus has been reached on this wording.

 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/25#comment:1>
6tisch <http://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 22:35:36 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  tsch                     |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/25#comment:2>
6tisch <http://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>