Subject: [6tisch] #32 (terminology): New terms for securiyt

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 01:51:19 -0000

#32: New terms for securiyt

 In order to support the security parts of the architecture document, I
 would like to propose the following text be added to the 6tisch-
 terminology
 document:

    JCE                 the Join Coordination Entity.  This acronym is
                        chosen to parallel the PCE.

    joining node        The newly unboxed constrained node that needs to
                        join a network.

    join protocol       the protocol which secures initial communication
                        between the joining node and the JCE

    join assistant      A constrained node near the joining node that
                        will act as it's first 6LR, and will relay
                        traffic to/from the joining node.

    unique join key     a key shared between a newly joining node, and
                        the JCE.  This key supports smaller installations
                        for which asymmetric methods are considered too
                        large

    production network  A 802.15.4e network whose encryption/
                        authentication keys are determined by some
                        algorithm/protocol.  There may have network-wide
                        group keys, or per-link keys.

    production network key  A L2-key known by all authorized nodes, used
                        for multicast messages

    per-peer L2 key     a key that results from an exchange (such as MLE)
                        that creates a pair-wise L2 key which is known
                        only to the two nodes involved,
                        [I-D.piro-6tisch-security-issues] calls this a
                        LinkKey

    The following terms are used in this document and come from other
    documents:

    DevID               [IEEE.802.1AR] defines the secure DEVice
                        IDentifier as a device identifier that is
                        cryptographically bound to the device and is
                        composed of the Secure Device Identifier Secret
                        and the Secure Device Identifier Credential.

    IDevID              The Initial secure DEVice IDentifier (IDevID) is
                        the Device Identifier which was installed on the
                        device by the manufacturer.

    LDevID              A Locally significant secure DEVice IDentifiers
                        (LDevIDs) is a Secure Device Identifier
                        credential that is unique in the local
                        administrative domain in which the device is
                        used.  The LDevID is usually a new certificate
                        provisioned by some local means, such as the 6top
                        mechanism defined in this document.

    CoAP                The CoAP protocol, defined in [RFC7252] is an
                        HTTP-like resource access protocol.  CoAP runs
                        over UDP.

    DTLS                The datagram version of TLS, defined in
                        [RFC6347], and which can be used to secure CoAP
                        in the same way that TLS secures HTTP.

    ARO                 [RFC6775]defines a number of new Neighbor
                        Discovery options including the Address
                        Registration Option

    DAR/DAC             [RFC6775]defines the Duplicate Address Request
                        and Duplicate Address Confirmation options to
                        turn the multicasted Duplicate Address Detection
                        protocol into a client/server process

    EARO                [I-D.thubert-6lo-rfc6775-update-reqs]extends the
                        ARO option to include some additional fields
                        necessary to distinguish duplicate addresses from
                        nodes that have moved networks when there are
                        mulitple LLNs linked over a backbone.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  Michael Richardson                   |      Owner:
  <[email-masked]>                        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                               |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                                |  Milestone:
Component:  terminology                          |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document                   |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/32>
6tisch <http://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:26:07 -0000

#32: new terms for security

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * cc: [email-masked] (removed)
 * cc: [email-masked] (added)

 Severity:  Active WG Document                   |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                                       |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/32#comment:1>
6tisch <http://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>