Subject: [6tisch] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 01:22:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Using IEEE802.15.4e TSCH in an IoT context: Overview, Problem Statement and Goals
        Authors         : Thomas Watteyne
                          Maria Rita Palattella
                          Luigi Alfredo Grieco
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2014-12-19

Abstract:
   This document describes the environment, problem statement, and goals
   for using the IEEE802.15.4e TSCH MAC protocol in the context of LLNs.
   The set of goals enumerated in this document form an initial set
   only.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:26:05 +0100

All,

Thanks to all for the feedback about this draft.

This new revision addresses all remaining open items:
- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/24
- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/33
- http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/34

Detailed changes below, or at
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch-04.txt.

Thomas, Maria Rita, Alfredo.

---

OLD
Define a mechanism to gather topological information, which it can then
feed to RPL.
NEW
Define a mechanism to gather topological information, node and link state,
which it can then feed to RPL.

OLD
A TSCH schedule looks like a matrix of width "slotframe size", S, and of
height "number of frequencies", nFreq. For a scheduling algorithm, these
can be considered atomic "units" to schedule. In particular, because of the
channel hopping nature of TSCH, the scheduling algorithm should not worry
about the actual frequency communication happens on, since it changes at
each slotframe iteration.
NEW
A TSCH schedule looks like a matrix of width "slotframe size", S, and of
height "number of frequencies", nFreq. For a scheduling algorithm, cells
can be considered atomic "units" to schedule. In particular, because of the
channel hopping nature of TSCH, the scheduling algorithm should not worry
about the actual frequency communication happens on, since it changes at
each slotframe iteration.

OLD
Special thanks to Jonathan Simon for his review and valuable comments.
Thanks to the IoT6 European Project (STREP) of the 7th Framework Program
(Grant 288445).
NEW
Special thanks to Jonathan Simon for his review and valuable comments.
Thanks to Guillaume Gaillard and Dominique Barthel for their in-depth
review. Thanks to the IoT6 European Project (STREP) of the 7th Framework
Program (Grant 288445).

OLD
30695 Huntwood Avenue
Hayward, CA  94544
NEW
32990 Alvarado-Niles Road, Suite 910
Union City, CA  94587

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
>