Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-04.txt

From: "Prof. Diego Dujovne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 09:38:58 -0300

6TiSCH members,
                          There is a new version of the On-The-Fly
scheduling
draft available at the IETF repository.

                                             Diego Dujovne

A new version of I-D, draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Diego Dujovne and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly
Revision:       04
Title:          6TiSCH On-the-Fly Scheduling
Document date:  2015-01-04
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          12
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-04.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-04
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dujovne-6tisch-on-the-fly-04

Abstract:
   This document describes the environment, problem statement, and goals
   of On-The-Fly (OTF) scheduling, a Layer-3 mechanism for 6TiSCH
   networks.  The purpose of OTF is to dynamically adapt the aggregate
   bandwidth, i.e., the number of reserved soft cells between neighbor
   nodes, based on the specific application constraints to be satisfied.
   When using OTF, softcell and bundle reservation is distributed:
   through the 6top interface, neighbor nodes negotiate the cell(s) to
   be (re)allocated/deleted, with no intervention needed of a
   centralized entity.  This document aims at defining a module which
   uses the functionalities provided by the 6top sublayer to (i) extract
   statistics and (ii) determine when to reserve/delete soft cells in
   the schedule.  The exact reservation and deletion algorithm, and the
   number and type of statistics to be used in the algorithm are out of
   scope.  OTF deals only with the number of softcells to be reserved/
   deleted; it is up to 6top to select the specific soft cells within
   the TSCH schedule.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
DIEGO DUJOVNE
Académico Escuela de Ingeniería en Informática y Telecomunicaciones
Facultad de Ingeniería UDP
www.ingenieria.udp.cl
(56 2) 676 8125