Subject: [6tisch] 6TiSCH Plugtest - Golden Image - Addressing fields.

From: José Ángel Miranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 18:03:33 +0200

Hi,

We have tried the golden image and while we were looking at both enhanced
beacon and data frames, we have seen a strange addressing field combination:

- Data frame ( from GD-1.0.0 ):

5F | 41EA | 00 | FECA | FFFF | 1C9F0D06004B1200 | 00FE |
7C0040BBBB00000000000000124B00060D9F1CFF020000000000000000000000000002EE7A133A00124B00060D9F1C9B01558000000000B8330000BBBB00000000000000124B00060D9F1C

- FCF        : 41EA
 |-> PAN ID Compression = b1
 |-> Dst Addr Mode      = b10 (short)
 |-> Frame Version      = b10
 |-> Dst Addr Mode      = b11 (extended)

- Dst PANID           : FECA

Therefore, if you check the table 2a ( 5.2.1.1.5 -- IEEE802.15.4e - 2012 ),
you can check that this combination is not present. There could be two
different options in order to solve this for the frame version 0b10:
1. Taking the last row of the table: Src Address and Dst Address are
present, PANID Compression is set, thus -->Src and *Dst PANID* are *not
present*.
2. Taking the last but one row: Src Address and Dst Address are present,
Src PANID is not present, *Dst PANID* is present, thus --> *PANID
Compression is not set*.

For the beacon frame is the same situation.

Cheers,

Jose.