Subject: [6tisch] minutes OTF ad-hoc meeting, 5 October 2015

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 00:46:19 +0200

All,

We had an ad-hoc meeting to discuss how to implement the action plan we
identify at the last 6TiSCH Webex. While this ad-hoc meeting is not a
6TiSCH interim meeting, we believe it's important to post the minutes to
the 6TiSCH ML.

You can find a formatted version of the minutes below at
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/151005_webex_otf.

Thomas

----

Minutes, 05 October 2015, ad-hoc meeting OTFPresent

   - Thomas Watteyne
   - Xavi Vilajosana
   - Diego Dujovne

action items

   - Thomas to coordinate with WG (deadline: 6 Oct)
   - Xavi to coordinate with Qin and provides first draft (by Thursday)
   - Diego to coordinate with OTF authors about reorg

minutes

   - we need draft by 19 Oct
   - vision
      - We have 6top Sublayer draft which is generic and defines the tools
      we have to operate
      - We have OTF OF (From now on OTF0) which defines the specific setup
      to make things work using the sublayer tools.
   - tentative organization draft

- Overview
    .
- The 6top Sublayer
    . role:
        . [remove?] The current document does not define how flows
with multiple priorities are supported. Future extensions to this
document might add support for multiple priorities.
        . maintaining (basic) cell usage statistics
        . monitoring and moving (soft) cells
        . there is Objective Function (OF) that takes care of:
            . maintains some statictics as needed
            . maintaining the bandwidth, even when the PDR of the link
to a neighbor changes. This might include detecting cells which suffer
from collision, and relocating them to a dfferent
slotoffset/channeloffset location in the schedule.
            . increasing/decreasing the bandwidth according to the
application needs.
    . protocol to add/remove cells to a neighbor. The OF uses this mechanism.
    . a mechanisms by which a neighbor node discovers the OF currently
in use by the 6top sublayer (OCP ID or something like that -- see RPL
DIO OCP RFC6550).
- Hard/Soft Cells
    . IEEE802.15.4e defines some flags
    . 6top adds additional qualifiers of a cell (NOT strictly speaking flags)
    . soft cells: 6top Monitoring Process active on the cell, the 6top
OF is allowed to relocate it
    . hard cells: 6top Monitoring Process NOT active, r/o mode. Exact
useage not defined, left open for future use.
    hard cells can only be read
- 6top-to-6top Communication Protocol
    . based on IEs
    . TODO: coordinate with IETF to allocate IE numbering space
    . discovery
- Example Scenarios
- IANA