Subject: [6tisch] draft-thubert-roll-dao-projection

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:18:14 +0000

Being optimistic I published a refresh of the draft tough we did not get a lot of discussion so far.
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-thubert-roll-dao-projection-01.txt

The new version adds the capability by the PCE to add routes in a RPL network.
This may be useful for 6TiSCH when the PCE does not install tracks but simply adds IPv6 routes for which OTF/6top will adapt the bandwidth.

Cheers,

Pascal

From: Roll [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Pascal Thubert (pthubert)
Sent: lundi 19 octobre 2015 12:29
To: Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Roll] DAO projection

Dear all:

At the last IETF, I presented the concept of DAO projection, that enables a controlled amount of stateful routing in a general non storing mode.

https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-thubert-roll-dao-projection-00.txt

The draft enables loose source routing for long paths, eg:

              ------+---------

                    |          Internet

                    |

                 +-----+

                 |     | Border Router

                 |     |  (RPL Root)

                 +-----+                      |     ^        |

                    |                         | DAO | ACK    |

              o    o   o    o                 |     |        | Loose

          o o   o  o   o  o  o o   o          |  ^           | Source

         o  o o  o o    o   o   o  o  o       |  | DAO       | Route

         o   o    o  o     o  o    o  o  o    | ^            |

        o  o   o  o   o         o   o o       v | DAO        v

        o          o             o     o

                          LLN

It also enables the root to work with (or as) a PCE and project optimized routes in the network which could improve the operation whether the network is using storing or non-storing.

              ------+---------

                    |          Internet

                    |

                 +-----+

                 |     | Border Router

                 |     |  (RPL Root)

                 +-----+

                    |

              o    o   o    o

          o o   o  o   o  o  o o   o

         o  o o  o o    o   o   o  o  o

         o   o    o  o     o  o    o  o  o

        o>>o>>>o>>o>>>o         o   o o

        o          o             o     o

                          LLN

We did not have much discussion on this topic since the IETF. So in preparation of Yokohama, I'd like to sense interest in that topic. Continue, or drop?

Please jump in!

Pascal