Subject: [6tisch] EB, EBR and EACK

From: Bet Franistou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 19:48:22 +0000

Dear 6tisch developers,

I would be very grateful if you explain to me the difference between Enhanced beacon, enhanced Beacon request and  Enhanced acknowledgment?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 01:28:13 +0300

Bet Franistou writes:
> I would be very grateful if you explain to me the difference between Enhanced
> beacon, enhanced Beacon request and  Enhanced acknowledgment?

Beacon is the frame type sent out by the coordinator to announce its
presense. It is quite often sent out periodically (like for example in
6tisch). Enhanced Beacon frame is the Beacon frame with version number
2, which allows it to include information elements needed for example
for 6tisch.

Enhanced Beacon Request is a MAC Command frame with Beacon Request
Command ID with frame version 2, and usually having Enhanced Beacon
Filter IE. It is used by the device asking for the coordinator to send
its Beacon, especially when there is no periodic transmission of the
beacons.

Enhanced acknowledgment is an acknowledgment frame with version number
2, meaning it can have addressing fields, security and Information
Elements in it. It is used in the TSCH to return the Time Correction
IEs from the receiving node to the sending node.
-- 
[email-masked]

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 03:05:46 -0300

+1 on Tero's answers.

@Bet, does this answer your questions?

On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
>

-- 
_______________________________________

Thomas Watteyne, PhD
Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria
Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech
Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN
Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH

www.thomaswatteyne.com
_______________________________________