Subject: [6tisch] My adoption-time review of SFO

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:48:06 +0000

Dear authors:

Please find my review of the SF0 draft; but since last call is pending please do not make *any* changes till after draft-ietf-*- 00 is published.

?   This document addresses the requirements for a scheduling function

   listed in [I-D.wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dujovne-6tisch-6top-sf0-01#ref-I-D.wang-6tisch-6top-sublayer>], Section 4.2, and follows

   the recommended outline from Section 4.3<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dujovne-6tisch-6top-sf0-01#section-4.3>.

I would expect that this doc is the reference for SF and is the one that requests the creation of the SF registry by IANA (text to be added in the IANA section).
This reference to sublayer should go away since we are not promoting the draft at the moment - or should we be doing so?

?

?  3.1.  SF0 Triggering Events

?

?     We RECOMMEND SF0 to be triggered at least by the following events:

The term 'We' is probably inappropriate. Better formulate this like " It is RECOMMENDED that..."

Also shouldn't there be an event when:

-        Connectivity to the neighbor is lost. A L3 Link down event should free up resources. The question for 6P is how both sides agree at the same time that the link is down.

-        A threshold of unused time slots is reached so they should be freed

?   6.  If the RAB is less than the Minimum Remaining Bandwidth (MRB),

       Add MRB to the NOB: NOB=NOB+MRB

Shouldn't this be

       NOB=MRB

?  4.  Rules for CellList

Why is this here? Which cell are allocated is not SF0 's business, is it? OTOH, the semantics of the ADD that is mentioned should be somewhere, and I think, in this document.

?  7.  Node Behavior at Boot

Again this is describing 6P not SF0 behavior. Note that the clear should be done at link up in case

?  11.  Examples

?

?     TODO

?

?  12.  Implementation Status

These sections probably belong to annexes

Cheers,

Pascal