Subject: [6tisch] #46 (6top-protocol): add LinkOptions flags to 6P messages?

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 13:12:00 -0000

#46: add LinkOptions flags to 6P messages?

 thread started in https://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/6tisch/current/msg04780.html:

 Proposal is to add a bitmap of flags to a 6P ADD command so that a node
 can schedule both TX and RX cells to its neighbor, possibly shared.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  6top-protocol            |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/46>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 15:11:28 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The proposal which reached consensus discussed at the 10/07/2016 interim
 is:
 - add a 1-byte "cellOptions" field in the 6P ADD command, between the
 metadata and the cellList fields
 - the cellOptions field contains 3 bits: RX, TX, SHARED. The remaining 5
 bits are reserved
 - the cellOptions+cellList are part of the 6P ADD payload, and are hence
 passed untouched (as an opaque string of bytes) to the SF. The
 cellOptions+cellList format is RECOMMENDED, but an SF MAY change the
 format.

 Per the worflow, please raise additional comment in the next 48h. If
 consensus, we will reassign issues to the editor.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  6top-protocol            |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/46#comment:1>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e