Subject: [6tisch] #58 (6top-sf0): Meaning of Metadata

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 22:12:25 -0000

#58: Meaning of Metadata

 I don't understand the use of the metadata in Section "Meaning of Metadata
 Information".

 There is a field called Metadata, which is owned by the SF and can use it
 internally without intervention of any other entity. It is used to signal
 the inter-node allocation process according to the algorithm. SF0 defines
 the following use for the metadata bits:

  Meaning of Metadata Information

    The Metadata 16-bit field is used as follows:

       BITS 0-7 [SLOTFRAME] are used to identify the slotframe number
       BITS 8-14 are RESERVED
       BIT 15 [WBLIST] is used to indicate that the CellList provided is
       a Whitelist (value=0) or a Blacklist (value=1).

 In the future, bits 8 to 14 can be used by SF0. Hope this clarifies the
 point.

-- 
---------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Diego Dujovne
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |  Milestone:
Component:  6top-sf0                   |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/58>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e