Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: [6tisch-security] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vucinic-6tisch-minimal-security-00.txt

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 13:39:12 +0200

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mališa Vučinić <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM
Subject: [6tisch-security] Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-vucinic-6tisch-minimal-security-00.txt
To: tisch-security <[email-masked]>

Dear all,

We have submitted a new draft on the join process in 6TiSCH. The draft is
quite efficient when it comes to PSKs and requires a single round trip for
the authenticated key transport from JCE to JN. We use OSCOAP for
protection of CoAP messages end-to-end (through the proxy) and EDHOC for
the security handshake when using public keys for joining.

It would be great if we could discuss some of the related aspects at the
meeting this afternoon.

Regards,
Mališa

Begin forwarded message:

*From: [email-masked]
*Subject: **New Version Notification for
draft-vucinic-6tisch-minimal-security-00.txt*
*Date: *25 October 2016 at 11:37:52 GMT+2
*To: *"Kris Pister" <[email-masked]>, "Malisa Vucinic" <
[email-masked]>, " [email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
"Jonathan Simon" <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-vucinic-6tisch-minimal-security-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Malisa Vucinic and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-vucinic-6tisch-minimal-security
Revision: 00
Title: Minimal Security Framework for 6TiSCH
Document date: 2016-10-25
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 17
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-
vucinic-6tisch-minimal-security-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vucinic-
6tisch-minimal-security/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vucinic-6tisch-
minimal-security-00

Abstract:
  This draft describes the minimal mechanisms required to support
  secure initial configuration in a device being added to a 6TiSCH
  network.  The goal of this configuration is to set link-layer keys,
  and to establish a secure session between each joining node and the
  JCE who may use that to further configure the joining device.
  Additional security behaviors and mechanisms may be added on top of
  this minimal framework.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
6tisch-security mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch-security

-- 
_______________________________________

Thomas Watteyne, PhD
Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria
Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech
Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN
Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH

www.thomaswatteyne.com
_______________________________________