Subject: [6tisch] [6P] receiver initiated 6P transactions

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2016 15:21:30 +0200

All,

This is a thread to capture the discussion on the "receiver initiated 6P
transactions", started interims on 9.02 and 9/23.

If this mechanism is adopted by the WG, it would allow the receiver side of
a bundle set up by 6P to initiate a transaction to "defragment" its
schedule. Until now, on the TX side of the bundle can initiate a 6P
transaction.

The proposed mechanism is to add flags (possibly 3: TX, RX, SHARED) in the
6P transaction. This mechanism is proposed in
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/6tisch/current/msg04780.html,
captured in https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/46.

Thomas

-- 
_______________________________________

Thomas Watteyne, PhD
Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria
Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech
Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN
Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH

www.thomaswatteyne.com
_______________________________________