Subject: [6tisch] #59 (6top-sf0): Cell relocation

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 22:19:58 -0000

#59: Cell relocation

 "Relocating Cells" now states:

 SF0 uses Packet Delivery Rate (PDR) statistics to monitor the currently
 allocated cells for cell re-allocation (by changing their slotOffset
 and/or channelOffset) when it finds out that the PDR of one or more
 softcells below 20% of the average PDR.

 The average PDR of what? Why 20%?

 Cell relocation became a new responsibility for the SF0 (formerly On-The-
 Fly scheduling). After the initial discussion, AFAIK, a temporary solution
 was proposed, stating that a cell should be relocated if the PDR of any of
 the cells was below 20% of the average PDR of the rest of the cells.
 We need experimental results to define either a new calculation algorithm
 or a different threshold.

-- 
---------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Diego Dujovne
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |  Milestone:
Component:  6top-sf0                   |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/59>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e