Subject: [6tisch] #54 (6top-sf0): Bandwidth -> Cells

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 19:41:35 -0000

#54: Bandwidth -> Cells

 the term bandwidth is confusing. Is it a number of packets per second? per
 frame? a number of cells?

 Proposed: change to number of cells, since cells have a fixed size.

 Note: Bandwidth was never defined for SF0, but it should have been bytes
 per second. Since the beginning of the draft, the bandwidth was estimated
 and then converted to cells, given that cells have different PDR.

 Note2: SF0 is supposed to manage cell usage between two nodes. In terms of
 tracks, this should be a single track.

-- 
---------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Diego Dujovne
     Type:  enhancement                |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |  Milestone:
Component:  6top-sf0                   |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/54>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 21:57:13 -0000

#54: Bandwidth -> Cells

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 In order to reduce complexity, from now on, instead of taking into account
 the PDR when allocating cells, SF0 will allocate them directly, assuming a
 100% PDR. The cell relocation algorithm will take care of PDR thresholds.

-- 
---------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Diego Dujovne
     Type:  enhancement                |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:
Component:  6top-sf0                   |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+----------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/54#comment:1>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 00:05:37 -0000

#54: Bandwidth -> Cells

 Changed to number of cells. There is no more bandwidth involved.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/54#comment:2>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e