Subject: [6tisch] #45 (6top-protocol): details missing on error codes

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 12:47:13 -0000

#45: details missing on error codes

 Thread started https://www.ietf.org/mail-
 archive/web/6tisch/current/msg04764.html

 - [Tengfei] error codes not detailed enough. What does RC_ERROR mean?
 - [Dale] exact error code returned can be implementation specific. [light
 disagreement from Qin and Xavi]
 - [Tengfei] what does "reset a transaction" mean? [response from Xavi]
 - [Tengfei] don't use RC_ERR directly in text

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  6top-protocol            |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/45>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 15:01:00 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The proposal which reached consensus discussed at the 10/07/2016 interim
 is:
 - change RC_ERR to RC_ERR_RESET in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-
 6tisch-6top-protocol-02#section-4.3.3
 - add a couple of lines on what RC_ERR_RESET means (error in state
 machine, something's really wrong) and what do when you receive it
 (consider transaction never happens).

 Per the worflow, please raise additional comment in the next 48h. If
 consensus, we will reassign issues to the editor.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  6top-protocol            |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/45#comment:1>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e