Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: [Detnet] FW: New Non-WG Mailing List: DLNEX -- Discussion of reliable and deterministic latency attributes

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 08:36:13 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 7:56 AM
Subject: [Detnet] FW: New Non-WG Mailing List: DLNEX -- Discussion of
reliable and deterministic latency attributes
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

From: IETF-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
IETF Secretariat
Sent: mardi 18 octobre 2016 22:36
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: DLNEX -- Discussion of reliable and
deterministic latency attributes

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address:[email-masked]
Archive: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=dlnex
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dlnex

Purpose:
DLNEX is to discuss various latency characteristics that can be exposed by
network elements or segments and to explore if there are any latency
related attributes that can be utilized by upper layer. For example, could
there be latency exposure that upper layer can utilize to plan how to
distribute their content to the right edges to achieve optimal user
experience? Or something used by Interactive AR controller to optimize
their services? Is there any value gained by upper layer expressing that
they would rather have fixed latency than losing packets?

The discussion is to answer questions like: are there any effective
interaction/coordination between upper layer and lower layer to achieve
more efficient optimization for latency sensitive services?

This discussion group is also a place to showcase the state of the arts in
latency optimized switching architecture and interface designs, as the
feasibility exercise for achieving reliable and deterministic latency
through a network element or a segment. Those latency exposures are the
foundation for (future) latency optimized control plane.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.

_______________________________________________
detnet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/detnet

-- 
_______________________________________

Thomas Watteyne, PhD
Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria
Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech
Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN
Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH

www.thomaswatteyne.com
_______________________________________