Subject: [6tisch] #48 (6top-protocol): dynamic number of cells in response

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 13:33:41 -0000

#48: dynamic number of cells in response

 Context:
 - in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-
 protocol-02#section-4.3.10, "If node A requests more cells than can fit in
 the response, node B MUST return code RC_ERR_NORES and an empty cell
 list."
 - it's possible that the number of cells you can ask varies, because of
 additional IEs being added to the frame

 Proposal:
 - in 6P LIST_AB Request Format, numCells -> maxNumCells
 - node B returns as many cells as will fit in the packet, up to
 maxNumCells
 - node B MUST return at least one cell, unless it's the end of the list

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  6top-protocol            |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/48>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 15:12:26 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The proposal has reached consensus at the 09/23/2016 interim meeting. Per
 the worflow, please raise additional comment in the next 48h. If
 consensus, we will reassign issues to the editor.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-6tisch-
  [email-masked]         |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  6top-protocol            |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/48#comment:1>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e