Subject: [6tisch] #53 (6top-sf0): Timeout calculation

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 19:28:00 -0000

#53: Timeout calculation

 Timeout is currently calculated as the number of cells until the next
 opportunity to transmit. This timeout should be larger than the normal
 delay instead as we need to take into account the PDR.
 But, the timeout should be related to the backoff period. Not to the PDR.

-- 
---------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Diego Dujovne
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |  Milestone:
Component:  6top-sf0                   |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/53>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2016 22:04:39 -0000

#53: Timeout calculation

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 As from Tengfei's comment at Webex, we must go back to
 the timeout proposed by Nicola, which is related to the
 Backoff time and delete the current one.

 timeout = (2^(macMaxBE+1)-2^macMinBE) * SM

 - what timeout is this exactly?
 - minimal Slotframe, SM: is that a duration, a number of slots?
 - what is the unit of timeout?

 Nicola, can you answer the former questions?

-- 
---------------------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Diego Dujovne
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:
Component:  6top-sf0                   |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+----------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/53#comment:1>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:34:23 -0000

#53: Timeout calculation

 I propose not to define a timeout until simulation/experimental
 work provides results. For the time being, we are leaving the
 timeout for the implementer, since 6P says the SF may (and not
 must) define a timeout.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/53#comment:2>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 23:58:44 -0000

#53: Timeout calculation

 > timeout for the implementer, since 6P says the SF may (and not

 On section 5.2, the 6P draft says:

  o  MUST specify a value for the 6P Timeout, or a rule/equation to
       calculate it.

 But on section 4.1.1. the 6P draft says:

  Node A at the same time sets a timeout timer in order to cancel
        the transaction in case a response is not received after the
        timeout.  The value of the timeout is out of the scope of this
        document and MAY be defined by the SF.  More details are given in
        Section 4.3.8.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/53#comment:3>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e

---

From: "6tisch issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 13:41:29 -0000

#53: Timeout calculation

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  Diego Dujovne => [email-masked]

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:
Component:  6top-sf0                 |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/6tisch/trac/ticket/53#comment:4>
6tisch <https://tools.ietf.org/6tisch/>
IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e