Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: [Roll] RFC 8138 on IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) Routing Header

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 04:05:40 +0000

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 at 01:14
Subject: [Roll] RFC 8138 on IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area
Network (6LoWPAN) Routing Header
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <
[email-masked]>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8138

        Title:      IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal
                    Area Network (6LoWPAN) Routing Header
        Author:     P. Thubert, Ed.,
                    C. Bormann,
                    L. Toutain,
                    R. Cragie
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 81825
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-roll-routing-dispatch-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8138

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8138

This specification introduces a new IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless
Personal Area Network (6LoWPAN) dispatch type for use in 6LoWPAN
route-over topologies, which initially covers the needs of Routing
Protocol for Low-Power and Lossy Networks (RPL) data packet
compression (RFC 6550).  Using this dispatch type, this specification
defines a method to compress the RPL Option (RFC 6553) information
and Routing Header type 3 (RFC 6554), an efficient IP-in-IP
technique, and is extensible for more applications.

This document is a product of the Routing Over Low power and Lossy networks
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
Roll mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/roll
-- 
_______________________________________

Thomas Watteyne, PhD
Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria
Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech
Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN
Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH

www.thomaswatteyne.com
_______________________________________