Subject: [6tisch] First version of git-tracked test description

From: Remy Leone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 15:06:57 +0200

Hello,

I've just pushed a first version of the 6TiSCH test description in the
following repository:

https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/td-6tisch

I've used the content present in the test description document provided by
ETSI during 6TiSCH plugtest events.

Using a git-based workflow to change those test descriptions will I think
help a great deal in the implementation of automated conformance and
interoperability testing.

Feel free to start opening pull requests with new tests or corrections of
existing ones for the upcoming plugtest event.

I would also appreciate if you could help me to distinguish between
obsolete and relevant tests. From what I understood, some tests needs to be
updated or removed.
Also, it would help to change the reference those tests are based upon
(minimal-11, minimal-14, minimal-15).

Best regards

Rémy

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 15:18:34 +0200

This is great! I assume there are plenty of tools which will turn the yml
files into e.g. a PDF version of the TD?

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 3:06 PM, Remy Leone <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
>
>

-- 
_______________________________________

Thomas Watteyne, PhD
Research Scientist & Innovator, Inria
Sr Networking Design Eng, Linear Tech
Founder & co-lead, UC Berkeley OpenWSN
Co-chair, IETF 6TiSCH

www.thomaswatteyne.com
_______________________________________

---

From: Remy Leone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 13:21:58 +0000

I would like to use the one that Carsten used. I've sent him an email
asking for this tool but I'm still waiting for the answer.

Le mer. 3 mai 2017 à 15:18, Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]> a
écrit :

>> I've used the content present in the test description document provided
>> by ETSI during 6TiSCH plugtest events.
>>

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 16:12:30 +0200

That sounds great. Having a CI keeping an up-to-date version of the PDF
version at all times seems like the best of all worlds. Thanks for doing
the conversion exercise!

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Remy Leone <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> Using a git-based workflow to change those test descriptions will I
>>> think help a great deal in the implementation of automated conformance and
>>> Feel free to start opening pull requests with new tests or corrections
>>> of existing ones for the upcoming plugtest event.
>>>

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

www.thomaswatteyne.com

---

From: Remy Leone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 14:18:31 +0000

No problem.
I've activated the issue tracking and added a couple of issues:
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/td-6tisch/issues?status=new&status=open

Let me know if I should move the issues somewhere else.

Rémy

Le mer. 3 mai 2017 à 16:12, Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]> a
écrit :

>>> This is great! I assume there are plenty of tools which will turn the
>>> yml files into e.g. a PDF version of the TD?
>>>

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 16:22:00 +0200

Remy,
This looks great. I propose that we discuss particular issues directly
through the tracker rather than the ML, but would very much appreciate if
you could keep the WG updated with major developments.
Thomas

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Remy Leone <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>> Le mer. 3 mai 2017 à 15:18, Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
>>> a écrit :
>>>
>>>>> I've used the content present in the test description document
>>>>> provided by ETSI during 6TiSCH plugtest events.
>>>>>

Thomas Watteyne, PhD

www.thomaswatteyne.com

---

From: Remy Leone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 14:28:05 +0000

Sure, will do. I will keep pushing new issues to the bitbucket tracker and
update the WG once we get to something stable CI-wise.

Le mer. 3 mai 2017 à 16:22, Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]> a
écrit :

>>>>>> I've just pushed a first version of the 6TiSCH test description in
>>>>>> the following repository:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Feel free to start opening pull requests with new tests or
>>>>>> corrections of existing ones for the upcoming plugtest event.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Also, it would help to change the reference those tests are based
>>>>>> upon (minimal-11, minimal-14, minimal-15).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Best regards
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Rémy
>>>>>>

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 16:52:19 +0200

On May 3, 2017, at 15:21, Remy Leone <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I would like to use the one that Carsten used. I've sent him an email asking for this tool but I'm still waiting for the answer.

Sent (off list).

Grüße, Carsten