Subject: [6tisch] Fwd: [hackathon] Hackathon project: OpenWSN

From: Tengfei Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 14:16:06 +0200

Dear all,

We’re planning to an OpenWSN session in IETF 99 hackathon to add more
features into OpenWSN project. E.g. we are going to integrate the RIOT into
OpenWSN stack implementation, build a remotely interoperability test
infrastructure based on OpenWSN and  new 6TiSCH dissectors  verified with
OpenWSN.

Everyone is invited to join us during the hackathon!

*OpenWSN *

   - Champion(s)
   - Tengfei Chang
      - Remy Leone
      - Jonathan Munoz
      - Malisa Vucinic
      - Thomas Watteyne
      - Project(s)
   - RIOT support: enable OpenWSN on RIOT platform.
      - F-Interop: The traditional interoperability test need vendors to
      sit down in a same room and perform the test with varies of tools. With
      F-Interop, everything will be done at home.
      - 6TiSCH Wireshark Dissector.
      - TBA

A little brief about OpenWSN project:

The *Internet of Things* enables great applications, such as energy-aware
homes or real-time asset tracking. With these networks gaining maturity,
*standardization* bodies have started to work on standardizing how these
networks of tiny devices communicate.

The goal of the OpenWSN project is to provide *open-source implementations* of
a complete protocol stack based on Internet of Things standards, on a
*variety* of software and hardware platforms. This implementation can then
help *academia and industry* verify the applicability of these standards to
the Internet of Things, for those networks to become truly ubiquitous.

Best Regard,

Tengfei

-- 
Chang Tengfei,
Pre-Postdoctoral Research Engineer, Inria