Subject: [6tisch] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 09:32:39 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Minimal Security Framework for 6TiSCH
        Authors         : Malisa Vucinic
                          Jonathan Simon
                          Kris Pister
                          Michael Richardson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   This document describes the minimal configuration required for a new
   device, called "pledge", to securely join a 6TiSCH (IPv6 over the
   TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e) network.  The entities involved use CoAP
   (Constrained Application Protocol) and OSCORE (Object Security for
   Constrained RESTful Environments).  The configuration requires that
   the pledge and the JRC (join registrar/coordinator, a central
   entity), share a symmetric key.  How this key is provisioned is out
   of scope of this document.  The result of the joining process is that
   the JRC configures the pledge with link-layer keying material and a
   short link-layer address.  This specification also defines a new
   Stateless-Proxy CoAP option.  Additional security mechanisms may be
   added on top of this minimal framework.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-security-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mališa Vučinić <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 17:42:36 +0100

Dear all,

We have just submitted a new version of the minimal-security draft that incorporates the changes discussed since the IETF-99 Prague meeting. Namely, the one-touch solution specified in the document now completely relies on PSKs. The new version tracks the changes in the OSCORE-06 spec (formerly known as OSCOAP), and clarifies many security-related aspects. We also did an extensive editorial pass over the document.

I would like to ask for a slot to present these changes remotely during the Singapore meeting.

Regards,
Mališa

> On 30 Oct 2017, at 17:32, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch