Subject: [6tisch] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:53:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e WG of the IETF.

        Title           : 6tisch Zero-Touch Secure Join protocol
        Authors         : Michael Richardson
                          Benjamin Damm
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-01.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2017-10-30

Abstract:
   This document describes a zero-touch mechanism to enroll a new device
   (the "pledge") into a IEEE802.15.4 TSCH network using the 6tisch
   signaling mechanisms.  The resulting device will obtain a domain
   specific credential that can be used with either 802.15.9 per-host
   pair keying protocols, or to obtain the network-wide key from a
   coordinator.  The mechanism describe her is an augmentation to the
   one-touch mechanism described in [I-D.ietf-6tisch-minimal-security].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:44:25 -0400

I've just posted a -01 of zerotouch-join just before the deadline.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-dtsecurity-zerotouch-join/

As the BRSKI document has undergone some additional structure changes, this
catches it up to match the table of contents.  BRSKI is supposed to go into
WGLC any minute now.

I also was able to insert/move additional material into right sections, but
there is still significant pieces to fill in.  I have CWT examples with the
SIDs shown, but I did not have time to get them into the right place.

I also intended to link more strongly to I-D.vanderstok-ace-coap-est, to map
out the appropriate verbs correctly and reference parts of that document
better.

On the DTLS/EDHOC front it is my intention to sit on the fence and document
both security mechanisms for the moment.  Should a DTLS-initialized-OSCOAP
protocol appear, then I'd like to support that as well. I'm told it's in the
works, but I haven't seen an ID that I can reference as yet.

I'd like to restart the 6tisch security calls.
I think that we can include discussion of vanderstok-ace-coap-est too.

I've made a doodle poll for the date of the first call, with the subsequent
ones being the same date/time every two weeks.  Please note the timezone it
was created in (-4 EDT).
[Of course there are time zone changes coming up this weekend, so take care.]

    https://doodle.com/poll/r9wdhna5g2g8qicu

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 09:12:23 +0100

> out the appropriate verbs correctly and reference parts of that 
sounds good. thanks for the efforts

what about minimal-rekey?

Peter