Subject: [6tisch] proposal for MSF and ASF merge

From: Xavi Vilajosana Guillen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:49:19 +0100

Hi all,

during the preparation for the WG meeting this afternoon some of us (Simon
Duquennoy, Thomas Watteyne, Mališa Vučinić and myself) had a discussion
about the possibility to merge some of the behaviour of the MSF and the
ASF. The MSF uses a TXRX Shared cell for boostrapping while the ASF
proposes to use a hash of each node's MAC address as a receiver cell. With
that mechanism ASF alleviates the bootsrap overhead and provides extra cell
for each node to receive data to (and also to send to others knowing their
MAC).
Then the MSF provides a mechanism by which cells can be added or removed
according to the traffic needs. We belive that merging parts of both
mechanism can lead to a more efficient SF.

maybe some of the discussion during the WG meeting this afternoon can be
focused to that.

regards
Xavi

-- 
Dr. Xavier Vilajosana
Wireless Networks Lab

*Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3)Professor*
(+34) 646 633 681
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
http://xvilajosana.org
http://wine.rdi.uoc.edu
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av Carl Friedrich Gauss 5, B3 Building
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona). Catalonia. Spain