Subject: [6tisch] M2MSAT (IoT over SATELLITE) back at IETF101 LONDON

From: Maria Rita Palattella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:42:10 +0100

Dear all,

today Tuesday 20th March, in Hilton Meeting Rooms 1-4, I will be presenting
the M2MSAT project, for 2 hr slot (from 16:30-18:30)

M2MSAT (https://artes.esa.int/projects/m2msat)is a project, funded by ESA,
aiming to study optimisation of IoT application protocols (CoAP and MQTT)
for communication over a satellite link. IoT networks will be soon
integrated with terrestrial networks in the 5G scenarios, and it is
fundamental to understand which performance can be achieved, and which
adaptation/improvement are needed for the  IoT protocols, not originally
designed for communication over satellite.
We have simulated the integrated M2M-Sat system combining different tools:
OpenSAND, Californium CoAP, MQTT Mosquito.
We have been investigating the most suitable configurations, integrating
proxy, and brokers (when and where possible) in the architecture, and
tuning different protocol parameters.

I will be happy to see many of you there, discuss together and collect your
feedback.

For those that would like to join remotely, we have set up a webex. Here is
the link:

JOIN WEBEX MEETING
https://meetses.webex.com/meetses/j.php?MTID=m8ef2e6c167d11e162178bd64a65fabfc

Meeting number (access code): 977 113 932
Meeting password: Frank_123

Please, feel free to advertise the Info session to anyone that could be
interested in the topic.

Thank you.
I look forward to meeting you in London.

Best Regards,
Dr. Maria Rita Palattella

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior R&T Associate
Department 'Environmental Research and Innovation' (ERIN)
Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
41, rue du Brill
L-4422 Belvaux, Grand-duchy of Luxembourg
email: [email-masked], tel: +352 275 888-5055