Subject: [6tisch] v1.0.0 Release of the 6TiSCH Simulator

From: Mališa Vučinić <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:14:52 +0000

All,

We've just released v1.0.0 of the 6TiSCH simulator, a tool to answer
what-if questions through quick performance estimation. This is a
high-level Python-based simulator implementing:

   - protocols
      - IEEE802.15.4e-2012 TSCH (
      http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.15.4e-2012.pdf)
      - RPL (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6550) with downstream traffic
      using source routing
      - 6top (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-09
      )
      - Minimal Scheduling Function (
      https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chang-6tisch-msf-01)
      - 6LoWPAN Fragmentation and Reassembly (RFC 4944)
      - Fragment Forwarding (draft-watteyne-6lo-minimal-fragment-01)
      - generic join protocol
   - join process with initial synchronization to the first received
   Enhanced Beacon.
   - the "Pister-hack" propagation model with collisions
   - the energy consumption model taken from
      - A Realistic Energy Consumption Model for TSCH Networks
      <http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6627960&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fiel7%2F7361%2F4427201%2F06627960.pdf%3Farnumber%3D6627960>.
      Xavier Vilajosana, Qin Wang, Fabien Chraim, Thomas Watteyne,
Tengfei Chang,
      Kris Pister. IEEE Sensors, Vol. 14, No. 2, February 2014.

You can find the installation instructions and the source code at:
https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/simulator

On behalf of the core developers,
Mališa
-- 
Mališa