Subject: [6tisch] [MSF] Suggestion from simulation and experiment result

From: Tengfei Chang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 18:26:22 +0100

All,

The following are the suggestions and recommendations we mentioned during
the 6tisch meeting yesterday. Those points will be addressed and pushed to
the new version draft-ietf-6tisch-msf-02

   - The  NumCellsUsed is no incremented during backoff wait delay for TSCH
   retransmission algorithm. (suggestion: only apply adaptive traffic
   algorithm on non-shared cell)
   - Some usage about Frame Pending bit is under specified, the usage of
   pending bit in MSF will be updated once it's specified.
   - Only reserve autonomous cell on demand, for each node
      - Reserve one TxRx shared  autonomous cell to parent/JP (unicast
      cell)
      - Reserve one TxRx non shared autonomous cell (anycast)
      - Reserve at least one managed Tx cell  (reserved by Sixtop) aside
   with autonomous cell, and upstream application traffic only goes on managed
   Tx cells
   - EB can be sent when the node has a parent, DIO should be sent after
   when one managed Tx cell is installed to the parent

Regards,
Tengfei

-- 
Chang Tengfei,
Postdoctoral Research Engineer, Inria

---

From: Simon Duquennoy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 20:29:40 +0100

Hi Tengfei, all,

Thanks a lot for the hands-on experience and enhancement suggestions. I've
got a few questions (let me know if you'd rather have them discussed at the
MSF interim):
* What are TxRx shared and non-shared autonomous cells?
* At each node, how many of each and at which timeslot/channel-offset?
* Why at least one managed cell aside autonomous cells? What doesn't work
with having 0 at first, then very quickly noticing you need N and
installing them? Could it be that you saw overly congested autonomous cells
because you were on 101-long slotframes? Have you tried with a shorter
slotframe #1?

Thanks,
Simon

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 6:27 PM Tengfei Chang <[email-masked]> wrote:

>    - The  NumCellsUsed is no incremented during backoff wait delay for
>    TSCH retransmission algorithm. (suggestion: only apply adaptive traffic
> _______________________________________________
> 6tisch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch
>