Subject: [6tisch] RFC 8480 on 6TiSCH Operation Sublayer (6top) Protocol (6P)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 20:44:34 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8480

        Title:      6TiSCH Operation Sublayer (6top) Protocol (6P) 
        Author:     Q. Wang, Ed.,
                    X. Vilajosana,
                    T. Watteyne
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      50
        Characters: 107695
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6tisch-6top-protocol-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8480

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8480

This document defines the "IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e"
(6TiSCH) Operation Sublayer (6top) Protocol (6P), which enables
distributed scheduling in 6TiSCH networks.  6P allows neighbor nodes
to add/delete Time-Slotted Channel Hopping (TSCH) cells to/on one
another.  6P is part of the 6TiSCH Operation Sublayer (6top), the
layer just above the IEEE Std 802.15.4 TSCH Medium Access Control
layer.  6top is composed of one or more Scheduling Functions (SFs)
and the 6top Protocol defined in this document.  A 6top SF decides
when to add/delete cells, and it triggers 6P Transactions.  The
definition of SFs is out of scope for this document; however, this
document provides the requirements for an SF.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode of IEEE 802.15.4e Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC