Subject: [6tsch] workers use case

From: Xavier Vilajosana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:27:22 -0700

As regards to the workers case introduced today I want to point out that 
there is a potential impact on the energy consumption of the network 
depending on what solution is chosen.

+ if we relay on RPL to route packets from moving workers, this means 
that RPL control is fast enough so workers can position the worker in 
the routing topology, this means that DIO activity is fast incrementing 
the the energy consumption of the network.
+ if we relay on over-provisioned cells at each potential node that 
might be in contact with a worker, we suffer from idle-listening most of 
the times.

the key aspect is to find the crossing point between these 2 scenarios 
so the energy consumption is not compromised too much.

Another aspect to take into account is EBs periodicity as mobile nodes 
need to keep joining to new parents as they move. The period of EBs then 
is also compromised by mobility.

just two things to be considered.
regards,
Xavi