Subject: [6tsch] Fwd: [Pce] WG Action: Rechartered Path Computation Element (pce)

From: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 03:29:40 +0000

FYI

Begin forwarded message:

From: The IESG <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [Pce] WG Action: Rechartered Path Computation Element (pce)
Date: May 17, 2013 6:01:07 PM GMT+02:00
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: pce WG <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

The Path Computation Element (pce) working group in the Routing Area of
the IETF has been rechartered. For additional information please contact
the Area Directors or the WG Chairs.

Path Computation Element (pce)
------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Active Working Group

Chairs:
 JP Vasseur <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
 Julien Meuric <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

Secretaries:
 Daniel King <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

Assigned Area Director:
 Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

Mailing list
 Address: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
 To Subscribe: http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce
 Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/pce/

Charter of Working Group:

 The PCE Working Group is chartered to specify the required protocols so
 as to enable a Path Computation Element (PCE)-based architecture for the
 computation of paths for MPLS and GMPLS Point to Point and Point to
 Multi-point Traffic Engineered LSPs.

 In this architecture path computation does not necessarily occur on the
 head-end (ingress) LSR, but on some other path computation entity that
 may physically not be located on each head-end LSR.

 The PCE WG works on application of this model within a single domain
 or within a group of domains (where a domain is a layer, IGP area or
 Autonomous System with limited visibility from the head-end LSR). At
 this time, applying this model to large groups of domains such as the
 Internet is not thought to be possible, and the PCE WG will not spend
 energy on that topic.

 The WG specifies the PCE communication Protocol (PCEP) and needed
 extensions for communication between LSRs (termed Path Computation
 Clients - PCCs) and PCEs, and between cooperating PCEs. Security
 mechanisms such as authentication and confidentiality are included.

 The WG determines requirements for extensions to existing routing and
 signaling protocols in support of the PCE architecture and the signaling
 of inter-domain paths (e.g. RSVP-TE and its GMPLS variations). Any
 necessary extensions will be produced in collaboration with the Working
 Groups responsible for the protocols.

 The WG also works on the mechanisms to for multi-layer path computation
 and PCEP extensions for communication between several network layers.

 The WG defines the required PCEP extensions for Wavelength Switched
 Optical Networks (WSON) while keeping consistency with the GMPLS
 architecture specified in the CCAMP WG.

Work Items:

 - PCEP extensions for MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineered LSP path
   computation models involving PCE(s). This includes the case of
   computing the paths of intra and inter-domain TE LSPs. Such path
   computation includes the generation of primary, protection and
   recovery paths, as well as computations for (local/global)
   reoptimization and load balancing. Both intra- and inter-domain
   applications are covered.
 - In cooperation with protocol specific Working Group (e.g., MPLS,
   CCAMP), development of LSP signaling (RSVP-TE) extensions required
   to support PCE-based path computation models.
 - Specification of PCEP extensions for communication in the various
   GMPLS-controlled networks, including WSON.
 - Definition of PCEP extensions for path computation in multi-layer
   networks.
 - Definition of the PCEP extensions used by a stateful PCE for
   recommending a new path for an existing or new LSP to the PCC/PCE.
   Further protocol extensions must cover the case where the
   recommendation is not followed by the PCC/PCE.

Milestones:
 Done     - Submit first draft of PCE architecture document
 Done     - Submit first draft of PCE discovery requirements and
protocol extensions documents
 Done     - Submit first draft of the PCE communication protocol
requirements
 Done     - Submit first draft of the definition of objective metrics
 Done     - Submit first draft of the PCE communication protocol
specification
 Done     - Submit PCE architecture specification to the IESG to be
considered as Informational RFC
 Done     - Submit first draft of the MIB module for the PCE protocol
 Done     - Submit PCE communication protocol requirements to the IESG
to be considered as an Informational RFC
 Done     - Submit PCE discovery protocol extensions specifications to
the IESG to be considered as a Proposed Standard
 Done     - Submit PCE communication protocol specification to the IESG
to be considered as a Proposed Standard
 Done     - Submit first draft of the PCE P2MP communication
requirements
 Done     - Submit first draft of the PCE P2MP PCEP protocol extensions
 Done     - Submit PCE P2MP communication requirements to the IESG to be
considered as an Informational RFC
 Done     - Submit PCE P2MP PCEP protocol extensions to the IESG to be
considered as an Proposed Standard RFC
 Done     - Submit applicability and metrics documents to the IESG
 Oct 2011 - Submit WSON requirements to the IESG to be considered as an
Informational RFC
 Dec 2011 - Submit extensions for hierarchical PCE path computation
model as WG document
 Jan 2012 - Submit the PCEP MIB to the IESG to be considered as a
Proposed Standard
 Jan 2012 - Submit P2MP MIB as a WG document
 Feb 2012 - Submit the discovery MIB to the IESG to be considered as a
Proposed Standard
 Feb 2012 - Submit inter-layer extensions to the IESG to be considered
as a Proposed Standard
 Mar 2012 - Submit inter-area/AS applicability statement to the IESG as
an informational RFC
 Mar 2012 - Submit PCEP extensions for WSON as a WG document
 Apr 2012 - Submit the GMPLS requirements to the IESG to be considered
as an Informational RFC
 Jun 2012 - Submit PCEP extensions for GMPLS to the IESG to be
considered as a Proposed Standard
 Aug 2012 - Submit PCEP extensions for WSON to the IESG to be considered
as a Proposed Standard
 Oct 2012 - Submit P2MP MIB to the IESG to be considered as a Proposed
Standard
 Feb 2013 - Submit extensions for hierarchical model to the IESG to be
considered as a Proposed Standard
 Mar 2013 - Evaluate WG progress, recharter or close

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce