Subject: [6tsch] simulation for random schedule allocation

From: Xavier Vilajosana Guillen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:37:16 -0700

Hi all,

I prepared a little simulation to see how random schedule allocation
behaves. (I have the code in Java in case someone is interested)

here there are some details (everything can be tuned in case someone wants
to point me to a special case)

Network: 50 nodes

Topology: Random, where each node has a random number of neighbors between
2 and 10.

Each node requests a link to each of its neighbors. This is done from 1 to
10 times (i.e 10 tests, the first requesting 1 link to each neighbour, the
second 2, etc.. up to 10 links to each of the neighbors, can be configured)

The slotframe is 101 slots and 16 channels.

The simulation prints statistics for the test (and the collisions if we are
interested.)
I used pseudo random generator from the java language assuming it provides
uniform or almost uniform distribution.

The allocation counter counts both the number of links allocated as tx and
the number of links allocated as rx due to a neighbour allocating a link to
the actual node. The percentage is the % of collisions w.r.t the allocated
links.

Worst case is around 11% when allocating 10 links to each neighbour in that
50 node network.

I can play more on it but I wanted to share that initial results.

please see attached file for the results.

regards,
Xavi