Subject: [70ATTENDEES] incantation for Macs joining ietf.1x?

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:53:08 -0800

I get authentication failures trying to join the ietf.1x network; anyone
have a pointer to the current incantation?  username/password of 
ietf/ietf isn't working, even if I fiddle with various Internet connect
settings.

Ted

_______________________________________________
70ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/70attendees

---

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:54:59 -0800

Hmm.  WFM on 10.5.1.  I did have to tell it that the cert presented  
was OK.

--John

---

From: Morgan Sackett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:51:40 -0800

Ted,

The basic settings for .1x on the wireless are WPA Enterprise, PEAP/ 
MS-CHAP(v2).  User/Pass is ietf/ietf as previously stated.  If you  
continue having issues, please come chat with the folks at the help  
desk in the terminal room, located in Marine.

Morgan

---

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 18:26:36 -0800

I find that turning off airport and then turning it back on can  
sometimes clean up this type of problem.

- Philip