Subject: [70ATTENDEES] bald eagles in Stanley Park

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 08:18:24 +0100

Hello,

A completely different subjet, for those of you who are interested by 
this wonderful
bird, the bald eagle ("pygargue à tête blanche" in French). It's pretty 
easy to see them,
10' walking distance from the Westin, on the other side of the bay. I 
noticed that they
frequently rest on top of this big tree around noon and 2pm, not so much 
during the morning,
but as always they may change their habits at any time ;-)

If you have the Stanley Park map, the tree is close to the "Painter's 
Circle" (with number
4 on the map). There is a video camera mounted on top of a white pole in 
front of it
(even visible from the hotel, e.g., from the exit that is close to the 
terminal room).
If you stay at some distance and remain quiet, there should not be problems.

A few pictures I took today
http://picasaweb.google.com/vincent.roca/200712_IETF70_bald_eagles
(if interested: Nikon D200, AF-S 300mm f/4 lens, re-shaped pictures)

Cheers,

   Vincent

NB: they are quite famous in Vancouver:
http://www.stanleyparkecology.ca/
http://www.stanleyparkecology.ca/programs/urbanWildlife/eagles/monitoringReports/2006_Report.pdf

NB2: it was a very good idea to have this IETF in Vancouver in spite of 
the weather!
I hope there will be other meetings in similar places in the future 
(speaking for myself of
course).

_______________________________________________
70ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/70attendees

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:24:26 +0100 (CET)

For the geeks like me (too lazy to take my behind out of the hotel to have
a first-hand experience):
http://www.animalcameras.com/index.php/category/bald-eagles/ ; the top
pick is the feed from the camera Vincent mentioned.
Stephan