Subject: [70ATTENDEES] Marriott internet

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 22:55:05 +0000

The Marriott's internet access is pay-per-day, and timed out killing my 
VPN session.

Guest Services put me through to Guest-Tek support who were able to 
arrange a longer lease.

-- 
Paul Aitken
Cisco Systems Ltd, Edinburgh, Scotland.

_______________________________________________
70ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/70attendees

---

From: Ajay Kachrani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:00:48 -0500

While it is pay-per-day that you ave to accept, the operator told me 
that they will credit as part of IETF group rate...

--Ajay
Paul Aitken wrote:
>
> The Marriott's internet access is pay-per-day, and timed out killing 
> my VPN session.
>

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:43:07 -0800

> Guest Services put me through to Guest-Tek support who were able to 
If you're talking about "roomlink", I have yet to have a connection 
problem or hit a page that says I'll get billed for it.  I'm on the 14th 
floor.

---

From: "GOLDMAN, STUART O \(STUART\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:58:32 -0600

When I accessed the internet from my room yesterday I hit a page that said I would be billed UNLESS IT WAS ALREADY INCLUDED IN MY ROOM RATE. In that case there would not be an extra charge. At check in the girl told me that the Internet was included in my room rate.

Stuart Goldman
Alcatel-Lucent 
[email-masked]
+1 602 493 8438
 please save a tree by not printing this e-mail.

---

From: "Adiel A. Akplogan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 04:11:16 +0400

I had the same message the first time I tried to access Internet
in my room. After checking with the front desk, it seems to be a
standard message and the 15 USD a day will not be charge on you
room as it is part of the Business Package which is included in
IETF special rate.

... still suffering from the expire lease every 24h though ... I
will also try to call the support team to get a longer lease.

Thx.

- Adiel.

At 17:58 03/12/2007 -0600, GOLDMAN, STUART O \(STUART\) wrote:
>Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; x-avg-checked=avg-ok-261B50A1
>
>When I accessed the internet from my room 
>yesterday I hit a page that said I would be 
>billed UNLESS IT WAS ALREADY INCLUDED IN MY ROOM 
>RATE. In that case there would not be an extra 
>charge. At check in the girl told me that the 
>Internet was included in my room rate.
>
>Stuart Goldman
>Alcatel-Lucent
>ï please save a tree by not printing this e-mail.
>
>
>
>
>No virus found in this incoming message.
>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 
>269.16.13/1165 - Release Date: 02/12/2007 20:34

______________________________________________________________________
Adiel A. Akplogan                                   Tel. +230 466 66 16
Chief Executive Officer, AfriNIC                    Fax: +230 466 67 58
[email-masked]                                   www.afrinic.net 

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.13/1165 - Release Date: 02/12/2007 20:34

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:10:40 -0800 (PST)

> problem or hit a page that says I'll get billed for it.  I'm on the 14th 

Disregard; I forgot I'm not at the Marriott.

---

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 00:15:08 +0000

GOLDMAN, STUART O (STUART) wrote:

> At check in the girl told me that the Internet was included in my room rate.

I was told that local, national and USA phone calls are also free as 
long as you accept the internet agreement; it's a package.

Obviously you should verify that before placing any expensive calls!

> please save a tree by not printing this e-mail.

Small tree? ;-)

---

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 19:21:48 -0500

> Obviously you should verify that before placing any expensive calls!

Two different people at the front desk told me this as well.  I guess
we'll see when my bill arrives ;)

-derek
-- 
Derek Atkins
Principal Software Engineer

PGP Corporation
4 Farragut Ave
Somerville, MA  02144

+1 617 623 3745 | [email-masked]

PGP Corporation -- Rest Secured.(TM)

PGP Fingerprint:
0FEE 5EA1 FF22 E0C9 4FFE
631A 9232 FF93 1C80 1DB7

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private,
confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended
recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any
attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any
attachments thereto.

---

From: "Tomas Carlsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 01:27:06 +0100 (CET)

> will also try to call the support team to get a longer lease.

Does anyone know if above also applies to renaissance hotel cross the street?
The frontdeskman told me there was a charge for 15.95 at the wired
connecdtion at the room but the wireless in the lobby is free.
But I really don't like spending time in the looby, so I would be happy if
the man just was wrong about it.

Tomas

---

From: "Lindberg, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:53:16 -0500

High Speed Internet connection in the guest rooms is complimentary for
IETF attendees at the Renaissance, Marriott and Westin properties.  We
will remind the hotel properties today so that there is no confusion
upon check out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomas Carlsson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 7:27 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [70ATTENDEES] Marriott internet

> will also try to call the support team to get a longer lease.

Does anyone know if above also applies to renaissance hotel cross the
street?
The frontdeskman told me there was a charge for 15.95 at the wired
connecdtion at the room but the wireless in the lobby is free.
But I really don't like spending time in the looby, so I would be happy
if
the man just was wrong about it.

Tomas

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 07:13:19 -0800

> will remind the hotel properties today so that there is no confusion

Does this include the Saturday before?  When I arrived at the Westin
on Saturday it wanted me to pay for service.

---

From: Alan Hawrylyshen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 09:49:59 -0800

> Obviously you should verify that before placing any expensive calls!

Take care with this. I once stayed at a nice, name brand hotel in NYC  
for an extended business stay (3 weeks). I was informed that for 19.95  
per diem, I had unlimited internet and unlimited phone calls in North  
America. At the end, I was presented with a bill, the phone charges  
exceeded the room fees (over 2500$). Turns out that it was unlimited  
in North America (*).

Instead, I was paying a 24.95$/call international connection fee and  
150% the AT&T Operator Assisted Rates (if anyone remembers that kind  
of billing, I can only vaguely remember the big DDD vs Operator Assist  
billing days).

That was an ugly discussion with the hotel management.

Cheers,
Alan

* Anywhere in North America, except Canada, Mexico and Hawaii,  
contiguous lower 48 states, excepting Point Roberts, WA .... blah blah

---

From: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 18:00:25 +0000

Alan Hawrylyshen wrote:

> [...]

I was ripped off like this in Prague.

I told the hotel they should waive the charges as a gesture of goodwill 
- and they did :-)

---

From: "Simon Schuetz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 08:11:54 +0100

> >> At check in the girl told me that the Internet was 
 > included in my room
 > >> rate.
 > > 

You don't have to wait that long. At the Marriott you can check your account balance on the TV.
I have an entry for "Telecom" with a charge of "0.00".

Simon

---

From: Curtis Siller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:52:59 -0800 (PST)

I specifically asked about the telecom package at the Westin.

I was told that while the internet access would not be charged (i.e., "free"), that did not include use of the telphone, which would have been otherwise coupled.

You'll be asked to pay for telephone usage at the Westin ( if you use it).

Curtis Siller

Enginnovation LLC

--- On Wed, 12/5/07, Simon Schuetz <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Simon Schuetz <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [70ATTENDEES] Marriott internet
To: "Derek Atkins" <[email-masked]>, "Paul Aitken" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 2:11 AM

> we'll see when my bill arrives ;)

You don't have to wait that long. At the Marriott you can check your
account balance on the TV.
I have an entry for "Telecom" with a charge of "0.00".

Simon