Subject: [70ATTENDEES] RFC Authors License

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 14:54:59 -0500

The IETF Trust is seeking licenses from RFC authors and corporations for 
RFCs prior to RFC 2026.
Steve & Dave Crocker, Fred Baker, Harald Alvestrand, Lixia Zhang, IBM 
and other RFC authors  (http://trustee.ietf.org/authorlic.html) have 
executed an RFC Documents Non-Exclusive License to the IETF Trust, the 
substantive wording of which is below.  The license document itself can 
be found at: http://trustee.ietf.org/authorlic.html

If you are interested and willing to do the same, I will be in Coguitlam 
with forms available from 1610 - 1700 Thursday for that purpose.

 I look forward to seeing you.
 Ray
IAD

---------
NOW THEREFORE, without limiting the effect of any prior license, 
assignment or transfer, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee, under all 
Licensor's Rights, without warranty of any kind, and Licensee accepts, a 
non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, paid-up, royalty-free 
right and license retroactive to the date of creation of the documents, 
including the right to sublicense, to reproduce, publish, distribute, 
modify, translate, excerpt, combine and create derivative works of the 
Documents and any portions thereof in any and all media, and otherwise 
to exploit Licensor's Rights in and to the Documents and any portions 
thereof in any manner whatsoever.

_______________________________________________
70ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/70attendees

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 18:02:27 -0500

Darn, I was hoping this was about more of an "operators license" for RFC 
authors ... for avoiding of dangerous driving and other hazards.   ;-) 
-- Peter

Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
06.12.07 14:54
 
        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        [70ATTENDEES] RFC Authors License

The IETF Trust is seeking licenses from RFC authors and corporations for 
RFCs prior to RFC 2026.
Steve & Dave Crocker, Fred Baker, Harald Alvestrand, Lixia Zhang, IBM and 
other RFC authors  (http://trustee.ietf.org/authorlic.html) have executed 
an RFC Documents Non-Exclusive License to the IETF Trust, the substantive 
wording of which is below.  The license document itself can be found at: 
http://trustee.ietf.org/authorlic.html

---------
NOW THEREFORE, without limiting the effect of any prior license, 
assignment or transfer, Licensor hereby grants to Licensee, under all 
Licensor’s Rights, without warranty of any kind, and Licensee accepts, a 
non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, paid-up, royalty-free 
right and license retroactive to the date of creation of the documents, 
including the right to sublicense, to reproduce, publish, distribute, 
modify, translate, excerpt, combine and create derivative works of the 
Documents and any portions thereof in any and all media, and otherwise to 
exploit Licensor’s Rights in and to the Documents and any portions thereof 
in any manner whatsoever.