Subject: RE: [70ATTENDEES] bald eagles in Stanley Park

From: "Sanfo, Mr Moussa - mdsc" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:32:33 -0000

Dears,
Another different issue, I enjoy reading messages and hope the meeting is going fine. This IETF in Vancouver is an important event for sure. Could someone show me, the way to have travel support for the next IETF? I am in Burkina Faso, west Africa.
Thank you for your collaboration.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Vincent Roca [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Envoyé : Thursday, December 06, 2007 7:18 AM
À : [email-masked]
Objet : [70ATTENDEES] bald eagles in Stanley Park

Hello,

A completely different subjet, for those of you who are interested by 
this wonderful
bird, the bald eagle ("pygargue à tête blanche" in French). It's pretty 
easy to see them,
10' walking distance from the Westin, on the other side of the bay. I 
noticed that they
frequently rest on top of this big tree around noon and 2pm, not so much 
during the morning,
but as always they may change their habits at any time ;-)

If you have the Stanley Park map, the tree is close to the "Painter's 
Circle" (with number
4 on the map). There is a video camera mounted on top of a white pole in 
front of it
(even visible from the hotel, e.g., from the exit that is close to the 
terminal room).
If you stay at some distance and remain quiet, there should not be problems.

A few pictures I took today
http://picasaweb.google.com/vincent.roca/200712_IETF70_bald_eagles
(if interested: Nikon D200, AF-S 300mm f/4 lens, re-shaped pictures)

Cheers,

   Vincent

NB: they are quite famous in Vancouver:
http://www.stanleyparkecology.ca/
http://www.stanleyparkecology.ca/programs/urbanWildlife/eagles/monitoringReports/2006_Report.pdf

NB2: it was a very good idea to have this IETF in Vancouver in spite of 
the weather!
I hope there will be other meetings in similar places in the future 
(speaking for myself of
course).

_______________________________________________
70ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/70attendees

_______________________________________________
70ATTENDEES mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/70attendees

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 09:36:18 -0800

At 05:32 AM 12/6/2007, Sanfo, Mr Moussa - mdsc wrote:
>This IETF in Vancouver is an important event for sure. Could someone 
>show me, the way to have travel support for the next IETF? I am in 
>Burkina Faso, west Africa.

There's the ISOC Fellowship.  See 
http://www.isoc.org/educpillar/fellowship/index.shtml

Regards,
-sm