Subject: [72attendees] Lunch that works

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:58:14 +0100

(I unsubscribed after my mail server was flooded with "+1" messages so  
maybe nobody will read this...)

I would like to say that I was very happy with the lunch situation at  
this IETF. Normally I tend to skip lunch at the IETF because running  
out, finding a place to eat, ordering, eating and running back doesn't  
seem worth the trouble.

Being able to get a simple lunch quickly and relatively cheaply in the  
meeting area itself means I get to eat and still have time to talk to  
people over lunch. Hopefully we can keep this model in other locations.
_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:32:39 -0400

On Aug 1, 2008, at 04:58, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> (I unsubscribed after my mail server was flooded with "+1" messages  
> so maybe nobody will read this...)

Maybe we need an SMTP "PLUS1" extension to make this more efficient.   
Or a "+1" digest.

I was pretty happy with the food situation overall too.  The lunch was  
generally decent, and the Lemongrass restaurant at the golf hotel was  
very nice the couple times I went there for dinner.  And between them,  
the various restaurants were open a fairly wide range of hours.  Going  
someplace other than the hotel restaurants was a bit more annoying  
than at other sites, but I generally don't worry about that too much  
if the hotel restaurants are decent; after all, I'm there to work,  
it's not like I'm spending the week at some resort.  (Oh, wait....)

I wouldn't mind going back there again.

Obligatory Gripe: My room was too ${WrongTemp}.  The net connection in  
my room ${NATBreakage}.  How do I work the ${PlumbingFixture}?

Ken