Subject: [74attendees] weather this weekend

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 06:50:39 -0400

CAZ006-505>513-516>518-528>530-191615-
SAN FRANCISCO-
COASTAL NORTH BAY...INCLUDING POINT REYES NATIONAL SEASHORE-
NORTH BAY INTERIOR VALLEYS-NORTH BAY MOUNTAINS-
SAN FRANCISCO BAY SHORELINE-SAN FRANCISCO PENINSULA COAST-
EAST BAY INTERIOR VALLEYS-EAST BAY HILLS AND DIABLO RANGE-
SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS-SANTA CLARA VALLEY...INCLUDING SAN JOSE-
SOUTHERN SALINAS VALLEY...ARROYO SECO...AND LAKE SAN ANTONIO-
SANTA LUCIA MOUNTAINS AND LOS PADRES NATIONAL FOREST-
MOUNTAINS OF SAN BENITO AND INTERIOR MONTEREY COUNTY INCLUDING
PINNACLES NATIONAL MONUMENT-
NORTHERN SALINAS VALLEY...HOLLISTER VALLEY...AND CARMEL VALLEY-
NORTHERN MONTEREY BAY-SOUTHERN MONTEREY BAY AND BIG SUR COAST-
902 PM PDT WED MAR 18 2009

...A COLD STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO CALIFORNIA THIS WEEKEND...

A STRONG AND COLD STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE OUT OF THE GULF OF ALASKA
AND INTO CALIFORNIA THIS WEEKEND BRINGING RAIN...COLD AND EVEN
SOME MOUNTAIN SNOW. RAIN IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE NORTHERN SAN
FRANCISCO BAY AS EARLY AS SATURDAY MORNING AND SPREAD INTO THE
MONTEREY BAY AREA BY SATURDAY NIGHT. RAINFALL IS NOT EXPECTED TO
BE EXCESSIVE AS THIS QUICK MOVING STORM HAS LIMITED MOISTURE.

ON SUNDAY THE COLD AIR WILL ENTER CENTRAL CALIFORNIA LOWERING SNOW
LEVELS TO AROUND 3000 FEET IN THE NORTH BAY TO NEAR 4000 FEET IN
THE SANTA LUCIA MOUNTAINS. THE SNOW ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SYSTEM
WILL BE LIMITED SINCE THE DISTURBANCE WILL BE MOVING OUT OF THE
AREA BY THE TIME THE COLD AIR AIR ARRIVES.

THOSE TRAVELING THIS WEEKEND SHOULD PREPARE FOR MUCH COLDER AND RAINY
CONDITIONS.

---

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:28:29 +0100

> THOSE TRAVELING THIS WEEKEND SHOULD PREPARE FOR MUCH COLDER AND RAINY

Rain?!? Rain?!?

Is the NOC prepared for Dallas like situations?

--Olaf

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:40:25 -0400

>> THOSE TRAVELING THIS WEEKEND SHOULD PREPARE FOR MUCH COLDER AND RAINY

It is the rainy season in San Francisco. My favorite time of year  
there (seriously).

Marshall

> <PGP.sig><ATT00001.txt>

Marshall Eubanks
CTO / Iformata Communications
[email-masked]