Subject: [74attendees] Tea house near hotel...

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:02:23 -0700

I'm going to want to do lunch here at least once during IETF; I  
thought I'd mention it in case others are interested:

http://samovarlife.com/

It's about five blocks from the hotel, in the direction of Moscone  
Center - an easy walk.

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 01:56:50 -0400

--On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 22:02 -0700 Ted Lemon
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm going to want to do lunch here at least once during IETF;
> I thought I'd mention it in case others are interested:
> 
> http://samovarlife.com/
> 
> It's about five blocks from the hotel, in the direction of
> Moscone Center - an easy walk.

Ted,

Further away (in the ferry building), but, if you or others are
interested in a more traditional Chinese tea experience, I'd
recommend 
http://www.imperialtea.com/

Their original location was in Chinatown; I have not been to the
new one, but it is the same folks and pretty much the same menu
and offerings.

    john

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 01:55:34 -0400

Ted,

    john

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:15:26 -0700

I'm always delighted to go to a tea place for lunch!  How about 
Tuesday?  Thursday is also possible.
-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Democracy, n.:
    A government of the masses.  Authority derived through mass
meeting or any other form of direct expression.  Results in
mobocracy.  Attitude toward property is communistic ... negating
property rights.  Attitude toward law is that the will of the
majority shall regulate, whether it is based upon deliberation
or governed by passion, prejudice, and impulse, without
restraint or regard to consequences. Result is demagogism,
license, agitation, discontent, anarchy.
        --U. S. Army Training Manual No. 2000-25 (1928-1932),
          since withdrawn.

---

From: Joe Abley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 13:59:51 -0700

> Tuesday?  Thursday is also possible.

I think inviting the whole meeting to lunch for tea is a good way to  
eliminate any possibility that the resulting experience will be good :-)

Joe