Subject: [74attendees] Rogue DHCP servers and RA's

From: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 03:03:19 +1100

fe80::20b:97ff:feb9:e6d6 appears to be announcing rougue RA's.

To get DHCPv4 to work last night I had to reject reject answers
from 192.168.2.1.

Please be considerate when you plug your in equipment and turn off
all your local hacks.

Mark
-- 
Mark Andrews, ISC
1 Seymour St., Dundas Valley, NSW 2117, Australia
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 01:22:49 +0000

> Please be considerate when you plug your in equipment and turn off

I'm not sure if the ops guys are intending to deploy ramond or a
similar tool.   This could - in theory - at least handle the rogue RA 
element.

-- 
Tim

---

From: Morgan Sackett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:35:55 -0700

Tim,

This is a good idea, and one we talked about.   We have RA filters on  
the switches, however, we do not have access to the guest room  
switches.  The guest rooms are fed by DSL hardware that is quite old,  
so ramond is a good solution for handling these issues in the guest  
rooms.

On Mar 22, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Tim Chown wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 74attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/74attendees

Morgan Sackett
VP of Engineering

VeriLAN Event Services, Inc.
215 SE Morrison Street
Portland, OR 97214

Tel: 503 907-1415
Fax: 503 224-8833

[email-masked]
www.verilan.com

This e-mail contains proprietary information and may be confidential.  
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby  
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this  
message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error,  
please delete it immediately.