Subject: [74attendees] On topic: when does it stop?

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 06:07:07 +1300

When does the wireless stop?

When do the Hilton guest rooms revert to the Hilton's network?

Thanks for the excellent network, too.

   Brian

---

From: Ed Juskevicius <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:18:31 -0400

This is an addendum to Brian's question - below.

Once the IETF network comes down, and we revert to using Hilton's network
from the guest rooms, will we still be able to use the network for free, or
will Hilton charge for access?

Thanks,

Ed  J.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Brian E Carpenter <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 74attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/74attendees
>

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:32:48 -0700

The guest rooms will revert to Hilton's network at approximately noon  
today. There will be no charge for sleeping room access as long as you  
are part of the IETF room block; if you see a splash screen saying  
that there is a charge, the charge should be removed at check out.

Alexa

On Mar 27, 2009, at 10:18 AM, Ed Juskevicius wrote:

> Once the IETF network comes down, and we revert to using Hilton's  
> network from the guest rooms, will we still be able to use the  
> network for free, or will Hilton charge for access?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed  J.
>
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked] 
> > wrote:

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:44:04 -0700

Speaking as chair of a WG that got stuck with a Friday afternoon slot,
I would like to say that going forward, if we plan to have sessions
that run until 3:30, we should keep the real, IETF internet up in the
rooms later. The network in the room is going down before our session
even starts...which is at least somewhat inconvenient for the
attendees who end up having to download slides, upload materials etc.
using the (often very unreliable) hotel network.

David

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Alexa Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The guest rooms will revert to Hilton's network at approximately noon today.
> There will be no charge for sleeping room access as long as you are part of
> the IETF room block; if you see a splash screen saying that there is a
> charge, the charge should be removed at check out.
> Alexa
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Brian E Carpenter
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:48:05 -0700

To clarify: the IETF network will be up in the meeting rooms until  
3:30pm, when the meetings conclude. It is the sleeping rooms that are  
converting back to Hilton network at noon.

Alexa

On Mar 27, 2009, at 10:44 AM, David A. Bryan wrote:

>> network

-----------