Subject: [74attendees] IETF is in the Onion

From: "Dale Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:08:05 -0400

http://tinyurl.com/dkatgu

Dale

---

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:18:54 -0700

Was there a comment on IPv6 deployment in that article that I couldn't find?

On 3/26/2009 10:08 PM, Dale Worley wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 74attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/74attendees
>   

-- 
Ed Jankiewicz - SRI International
Fort Monmouth Branch Office - IPv6 Research 
Supporting DISA Standards Engineering Branch
732-389-1003 or  [email-masked]

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 04:46:37 +1300

> Was there a comment on IPv6 deployment in that article that I couldn't

I think the headline refers to IPv6.

---

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:24:56 -0700

oh, yes.  now I can visualize the Venn diagram.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:27:29 -0700

the ietf commenting on the press commenting on the ietf.  what does the
press think of the ietf's comments on the press commenting on the ietf?

and, among this exciting recursion, does any work get done?

randy

---

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 12:58:15 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

> and, among this exciting recursion, does any work get done?

(a) 74attendees is not an IETF-work mailing list.  It's a social mailing 
list.  If you are looking for a mailing list on which to do work, I can 
provide you with suggestions.

(b) I call this topic more work related than the price of laundry on the 
street.

--Sandy

---

From: Sandra Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:03:00 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

> (b) I call this topic more work related than the price of laundry on the 

There was supposed to be a wry tone to that, but I forgot the smilie.

:-)

---

From: Richard Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:33:51 -0700

One IETF member commented in a working group meeting about some of my 
observations on his work in the press and suggested some headlines for 
additional pieces. So if I comment on his suggestions here, that would 
be the press commenting on the ietf's comments on the press' comments on 
this ietf member's work, and then I could respond to my own comments an 
ietf member and repeat until stack overflow occurs.

Navel-gazing is so much fun.

RB

---

From: james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:37:01 -0700

On Mar 27, 2009, at 11:33, Richard Bennett wrote:
>
> [...] and then I could respond to my own comments an ietf member and  
> repeat until stack overflow occurs.

That's why compilers optimize tail-recursion into loop structures.

On a related note, I'd like to extend my personal thanks to everyone  
who traveled to San Francisco for this IETF meeting despite my home  
town's well-deserved and lovingly defended reputation for being packed  
to the vents with cranks, kooks and assorted riff-raff.  I hope you  
felt welcome here, and I invite you to consider coming back on holiday.

--
james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
member of technical staff, communications engineering

---

From: Ed Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:07:00 -0700

remembering of course this thread started with a facetious comment 
regarding a fake news source...

and I love SF - but perhaps I am one of the non-local cranks, kooks or 
assorted riff-raff that fits right in.  I found the tourists more 
annoying than anything else, especially when they crowded me on my cable 
car commuting...