Subject: [74attendees] Great Brownies and Plain Yogurt

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:31:13 -0700

Just a quick note to say how amazingly good Monday's brownies were. 
Not too sweet, with wonderful real chocolate taste.  Since most 
places have brownies that are massively over-sugared, I was stunned 
by these.  (Unfortunately, I had to be off-site yesterday, so I don't 
know if they made a repeat appearance.)

Also, I want to say how much I appreciate the availability of plain 
yogurt (and from humanely-treat cows even) at the snack breaks.  Well 
done!

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be
thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.
                                                --H. L. Mencken

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:47:54 -0700

On Mar 26, 2009, at 10:31, Randall Gellens wrote:

> plain yogurt

I (and other people) have been completely stunned by the appearance of  
actual real food in the breakfast materials.

+1!

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: William Norton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:02:49 -0700

On Mar 26, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Carsten Bormann wrote:
>>
>
> I (and other people) have been completely stunned by the appearance  
> of actual real food in the breakfast materials.

Yup.. I always found it funny that we typically pump meeting attendees  
full of caffeine and sugar and then expect them to sit still.  We know  
that these substances have an immediate effect followed by a slightly  
delayed crash, yet we expect people to be fully attentive and engaged  
for hours.

Having said that, I also liked the brownies. I bet they were $4 a  
piece. ;-)  Catering menus and costs used to provide me a good laugh.   
I've been away for a while but I suspect that the high cost of  
catering hasn't changed.

Bill

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:17:29 -0700

>> actual real food in the breakfast materials.

I was wondering if anyone would comment on this. The food seems to be
quite reasonable, however...

The coffee and tea, however, have been *undrinkable*. The coffee has
been horrible, and the tea water reeks of coffee.

I've seen ample evidence others have noticed this, FWIW:
	1) on the faces of those testing a cup and putting it down
	in disgust
	2) the lack of congestion at the urns

I've had to walk about 4 blocks to find reasonable coffee (Peets,
between the main Macy's and the Macy's Men's Store). The machine in the
room makes a decent cup of coffee, and can make decent tea if you remove
the coffee-pod holder when brewing the water.

NB: use bottled water. The brown stuff coming out of the tap isn't
drinkable either.

Joe