Subject: [74attendees] Driving from the South Bay

From: "Stas Khirman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:06:00 -0700

Practical question - while arriving from South Bay, can I find some good
place close to San Francisco to park my car ( preferably for free or low
flat rate) and use a public transportation?

Regards

Stas

---

From: Richard Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:36:30 -0700

The hotel is three blocks from the Powell St. BART station, so that's 
one option.

RB

Stas Khirman wrote:
>
> Practical question -- while arriving from South Bay, can I find some 
> good place close to San Francisco to park my car ( preferably for free 
> or low flat rate) and use a public transportation?
>
>  
>
> Regards
>
> Stas
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> 74attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/74attendees
>   

-- 
Richard Bennett

---

From: Lea Roberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:52:19 -0700 (PDT)

> > or low flat rate) and use a public transportation?

used to be abundant free parking at the Millbrae BART station. off 101
just before the Airport (or come back from 380 off of 280).  As I recall
it's about a $6 BART fare from there into downtown.  of course, there's
always Fremont, closer to SJ, but don't know the fare tradeoff for the
much longer ride to SF.  			/Lea

---

From: Richard Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 17:54:22 -0700

You mostly need to pay for parking at BART stations before 3PM - 
congestion management is in effect - but the fees are pretty reasonable. 
See: http://www.bart.gov/guide/parking/index.aspx for details.

If you're worried about availability, you can reserve spaces at many of 
the East Bay stations: http://www.permit-sales.com/bart/ . Peninsula 
stations are best-effort only.

Caltrain is another option from the South Bay, but it pretty much means 
a Muni ride in Frisco:

http://tripplanner.transit.511.org/mtc/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?#tab1Selected

RB

-- 
Richard Bennett