Subject: [74attendees] Grand Cafe around the corner

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:36:43 -0400

Last night, some of us went to the Grand Cafe at 501 Geary St.

  http://www.grandcafe-sf.com/

The food was (IMO) pretty good, but the service ranked as among the  
worst I have ever experienced, and I
include restaurant service in the USSR in the mid-1970's in that  
comparison.

It's hard to imagine how it could have been much worse short of having  
us arrested or otherwise taken away.

Just a data point for your consideration.

Regards
Marshall

---

From: james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:02:49 -0700

On Mar 24, 2009, at 12:36, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
>
> It's hard to imagine how it could have been much worse short of  
> having us arrested or otherwise taken away.

Next time, try Max's On The Square <http://www.maxsworld.com/maxs/locations.php?Id=16 
 >.

--
james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
member of technical staff, communications engineering

---

From: "Meadhbh Hamrick (Infinity)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:24:18 -0700

the yakitori place (hana zen) around the corner on cyril magnin is  
reasonable. the lunch prices were "not bad," and they didn't balk when  
i ordered off-menu (though... what self respecting nihon riyori place  
doesn't have umaboshi roll?) the tempura batter was a touch thick, but  
the soba noodles and the aforementioned umaboshi rolls were about as  
good as you'll find in the states. and fwiw... i ordered the agedashi  
tofu and was mildly disappointed. ymmv.

so to recap ... mostly reasonable food ... a touch expensive ... but  
close by if you don't want to wander too far.

-cheers!
-meadhbh

On Mar 24, 2009, at 1:02 PM, james woodyatt wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 74attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/74attendees