Subject: [74attendees] Greek Indepence Parade

From: "LATZE Carolin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:41:52 +0100

Hi all,

today I read an announcement for the Greek Independence Parade, which is taking place the day I planned to do sightseeing. I found some information on the web but nothing about how it usually influences "normal" life in San Francisco. Therefore I want to ask those who are living here or close by: is it just a parade affecting the streets it passes or is it more a big party all over the city?

Carolin

---

From: Richard Lamb <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:09:11 -0700

I wont be using them.  Buffet, American and Japanese /w nato.
-Rick

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:11:04 -0700

buses in the vicinity of the civic center will be rerouted for a while.
the city should resemble what passes for normal most of the time.

joelja

ext LATZE Carolin wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> today I read an announcement for the Greek Independence Parade, which is
> taking place the day I planned to do sightseeing. I found some
> information on the web but nothing about how it usually influences
> "normal" life in San Francisco. Therefore I want to ask those who are
> living here or close by: is it just a parade affecting the streets it
> passes or is it more a big party all over the city?
> 
> Carolin
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 74attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/74attendees

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:29:46 -0700

With GDC and IETF in town, where's the Geek Independence Parade?

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:54:56 -0700

> With GDC and IETF in town, where's the Geek Independence Parade?

In _this_ town?

Completely redundant.  ;-)

Tony

---

From: james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:01:41 -0700

> the city should resemble what passes for normal most of the time.

Chinese New Year is a big parade here.  Pride is a big parade here.   
I've lived in SFO ten years, and this is the first I've heard of a  
Greek Independence Parade.

(A local professional comedian I know once joked: 'You know how  
sometimes people will see something they've never seen before, like a  
man in a fursuit riding a skateboard and being towed down the street  
by a giant steam-powered mechanical spider, and they'll say out loud  
something like, "Well, there's something you don't see every day."  I  
live in the Haight.  I never say that.')

I can't imagine the Greek Independence Parade, as fascinating as it  
may be, having a noticeable effect on traffic patterns more than one  
block away from it.

--
james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
member of technical staff, communications engineering

---

From: "LATZE Carolin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:40:41 +0100

>Greek Independence Parade.

:-)

I think that answers my question. So I won't change my plans :)

Thanks
Carolin