Subject: [74attendees] SF restaurants

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:52:10 -0700

restaurant reviews, discussions, etc:

* The local newspaper's list of top 100 restaurants is at
http://www.sfgate.com/tophundred/.  These aren't the top 100 most expensive
restaurants but the top 100 in different categories.  Obviously such a list
isn't perfect but it's a good place to begin.

* http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/

* http://chowhound.chow.com/boards/1

* http://www.yelp.com (I find yelp's reviews unreliable; others like yelp)

and:

* Nearly every mid- and high-end restaurant uses the OpenTable online
reservation system http://www.opentable.com.  You can use it to find
restaurants with availability.  There is an iPhone application for OpenTable
as well.

-d

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 10:49:22 -0700

> restaurants with availability.  There is an iPhone application for OpenTable

Note that most of the really nice places don't allocate that many slots
to opentable so lack of availability on opentable isn't necessarily an
indication that reservations are impossible.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:28:31 -0700

nanog has a wiki for these kinds of things