Subject: [80all] Reminder: Thursday Lunchtime Speaker Series - BIRD

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 01:53:23 -0400

Topic:  BIRD (http://bird.network.cz) an open source implementation of a
routing daemon for Unix systems.  The presentation will cover BIRD's features, 
deployment as well RFC compliance.

Speakers: 
  Ondrej Filip, CEO of CZ.NIC
  Ondrej Zajicek, member of CZ.NIC Labs

Logistics:
  Congress Hall 2
  12:00 - 12:45

Brief description of topic:

BIRD (http://bird.network.cz) is an open source implementation of a
routing daemon for Unix systems. It started as a school project at
Charles University in Prague, and it has been developed by CZ.NIC Labs
(http://labs.nic.cz) since 2009. Its design differs significantly from
the other routing daemons. The main features are powerful filtering
language, low resource consumption, multiple routing tables connected
by pipes. Because of those unique features BIRD is used in several
large peering centers (such as LINX, DE-CIX, PAIX, NIX.CZ) as a route
server. The presentation will cover BIRD's features, deployment as
well RFC compliance.

Bios of speakers:

Ondrej Filip
Ondřej has been CEO of the CZ.NIC association since December 2004.
Ondřej also acts in boards of the association NIX.CZ (Neutral Internet
Exchange), associations Euro-IX (European Internet Exchange
Association) and DNS OARC (The Domain Name System Operations Analysis
and Research Center). He is also a member of Multistakeholder Advisory
Group. Herewith his duties he still remains technical geek and his
real passion is programming of network protocols.

Ondrej Zajicek
Ondrej Zajicek is a member of CZ.NIC Labs (http://labs.nic.cz/) and the
main developer of BIRD Internet Routing Daemon since CZ.NIC Labs took
over its development. He is also a computer science researcher in
Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences, and a director of
community metropolitan network CRFreeNet.

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 02:51:31 -0400

Note:  Lunch is not being provided.  

While there is a grab and go adjacent to the Congress Hall, it is unlikely to support the needs of 300 + people, so you may want to make other arrangements.

Ray
On Mar 31, 2011, at 1:53 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 80all mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/80all