Subject: Re: [81attendees] The "true" Château Frontenac now open to the public

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:46:00 -0400

On 6/30/2011 8:37 AM, Simon Perreault wrote:
> http://www.cyberpresse.ca/videos/?mediaid=944011
> (only in French, sorry)
>
> The ruins of the old French fort beneath the current château Frontenac
> have been cleaned up recently and are open to the public since
> yesterday. Entrance is free. It's an interesting 15-minute visit under
> the terrasse Dufferin. You'll find it easily next to the statue of
> Samuel de Champlain (founder of the city). Open everyday from 10:00 to
> 17:00.
>
> Much more information for the historically inclined...
> English: http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/qc/saintlouisforts/index.aspx
> French: http://www.pc.gc.ca/fra/lhn-nhs/qc/saintlouisforts/index.aspx

My wife and 8 year old toured this old fort under the terrace today, and 
thought it was worthwhile.  Excavation is ongoing and further 
improvements are coming (September will bring touch screens for 
additional information and self-guided tours).

-d