Subject: [81attendees] Bus from Montreal airport to Quebec City

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:48:59 -0500

I did the direct bus from Montreal airport to downtown Quebec City 
yesterday. Here's what I know:

There aren't many direct buses from the airport to Quebec, but if there's 
one that works for you (given your arrival time), you buy your tickets from 
the Foreign Exchange booth to your left as you exit the International 
Arrivals secure area. It has an "ICE" sign posted - that was my clue to ask.

The tickets are cash-only. There's an ATM right in front of the Foreign 
Exchange booth, and that worked for me. About $70, one-way.

Once you buy your ticket, out the door to the right, about 100 meters to 
Stand 7.

There are two stops in Quebec - you want the second ("end of the line"). 
It's about 1.5 Km from the Hilton (and the Delta), which could be walkable 
if you're OK dragging bags up the hill (Quebec isn't as hilly as San 
Francisco at its hilliest, but it's uphill to the hotel). If not, taxis are 
to your left as you walk from the bus toward the bus terminal, and mine was 
$10 CDN including tip.

Hope this is helpful!

Spencer

---

From: Max Pritikin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:13:13 -0600

That sounds like $80 to take the bus then a taxi. But from an earlier thread:

On Jul 22, 2011, at 2:48 AM, John R. Levine wrote:

>> Who known that how much money if we take a taxi from airport (QC) to Quebec city ?
> 
> There is a fixed rate of C$ 32.50 from the airport to anywhere in the city.  It is customary to tip the driver, perhaps another $3.
> 
> http://www.aeroportdequebec.com/vers-et-de-laeroport/service-de-taxi/
> 
> R's,
> John
> _______________________________________________
> 81attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/81attendees

I think I'll take a taxi,

- max

On Jul 22, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> I did the direct bus from Montreal airport to downtown Quebec City yesterday. Here's what I know:
> 
> There aren't many direct buses from the airport to Quebec, but if there's one that works for you (given your arrival time), you buy your tickets from the Foreign Exchange booth to your left as you exit the International Arrivals secure area. It has an "ICE" sign posted - that was my clue to ask.
> 
> The tickets are cash-only. There's an ATM right in front of the Foreign Exchange booth, and that worked for me. About $70, one-way.
> 
> Once you buy your ticket, out the door to the right, about 100 meters to Stand 7.
> 
> There are two stops in Quebec - you want the second ("end of the line"). It's about 1.5 Km from the Hilton (and the Delta), which could be walkable if you're OK dragging bags up the hill (Quebec isn't as hilly as San Francisco at its hilliest, but it's uphill to the hotel). If not, taxis are to your left as you walk from the bus toward the bus terminal, and mine was $10 CDN including tip.
> 
> Hope this is helpful!
> 
> Spencer 
> _______________________________________________
> 81attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/81attendees

---

From: John Bradley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:16:10 -0600

The Montreal airport is much further away than the Quebec City one.   You are comparing two diffrent airports.

John B.

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:20:24 +0100

How long was the bus journey from Montreal?

tim

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:35:40 -0500

I'm thinking something like 4 hours from leaving the plane in Montreal to 
walking into the hotel in Quebec, IIRC (but I was napping for some of it).

Spencer

>>>> There is a fixed rate of C$ 32.50 from the airport to anywhere in the 
>>>> city.  It is customary to tip the driver, perhaps another $3.
>>>>
>>>> There aren't many direct buses from the airport to Quebec, but if 
>>>> there's one that works for you (given your arrival time), you buy your 
>>>> tickets from the Foreign Exchange booth to your left as you exit the 
>>>> International Arrivals secure area. It has an "ICE" sign posted - that 
>>>> was my clue to ask.
>>>>
>>>> There are two stops in Quebec - you want the second ("end of the 
>>>> line"). It's about 1.5 Km from the Hilton (and the Delta), which could 
>>>> be walkable if you're OK dragging bags up the hill (Quebec isn't as 
>>>> hilly as San Francisco at its hilliest, but it's uphill to the hotel). 
>>>> If not, taxis are to your left as you walk from the bus toward the bus 
>>>> terminal, and mine was $10 CDN including tip.
>>>>
>>>> Hope this is helpful!
>>>>
>>>> Spencer

---

From: Max Pritikin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:38:51 -0600

>> The Montreal airport is much further away than the Quebec City one.   You are comparing two diffrent airports.

Doh! 
:/

back into my corner,

- max

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:49:55 -0400

> How long was the bus journey from Montreal?

- "long"
- two possibilities:
  A.1 from Montreal Airport to Montreal Downtown. Public transportation 
(Bus #747 at the arrival level) is as good as any taxi. 
http://www.stm.info/English/bus/GEOMET/A-GEO747.htm . ~30 minutes, could 
be much more in rush hour/construction/....
  A.2 Then take the bus to Quebec city from the Montreal Bus center. ~3 
hours. $50. 
http://www.orleansexpress.com/SearchResult.aspx?Ori=MTL&Desti=QUE&NbEnf512=0&NbEnf04=0&NbAine=0&NbAdulte=1&NbEtudiant=0&TypeVoyage=AS. 
This bus is ~ every hour.

B: direct bus from Montreal Airport to Quebec bus center
  http://www.orleansexpress.com/Corpo/service_aeroportuaire.aspx
  (can't find the details however).

Marc.

-- 
=========
IETF81 Quebec city: http://ietf81.ca
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN Implementation: http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
Space Assigned Number Authority: http://sanaregistry.org