Subject: [81attendees] HPC facility visit

From: Florent Parent <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 22:16:16 -0400

Hi everyone,

I'm sending this message to offer anyone interested to visit the
CLUMEQ HPC (high performance computing) facility in Québec. I know
this invitation is late in the week, sorry about that.

Some highlights:
- 960 nodes, 7680 cores. (119 on top500.org)
- Infiniband QDR and 10G Ethernet networking
- 1 PB Lustre file system
- Built inside a silo shaped building (reused a nuclear grade building
hosting a Van Der Graaff particle accelerator from the 1960s!)
- See URLs below (warning: lots of french ;-)

The site is at Université Laval. It's 15-20 minutes by bus (Metrobus
800 or 801) or car. The following is a map with direction starting
from the convention centre: http://tinyurl.com/3evzp37

If you are interested for a visit, send me an email and tell me if you
are available for a visit starting at 13h00 or 15h30 Thursday. We'll
offer visits at both times. I will send details on a rendez-vous point
to people that express interest.

Cheers,
Florent
--
Responsable des opérations
CLUMEQ, site Québec
Calcul Canada
Université Laval

Site information: http://www.clumeq.ca/index.php/en/about/sites/quebec-city
Machine information: http://www.clumeq.ca/index.php/en/about/computers/colossus