Subject: [81attendees] Restaurant Recommendations for Québec

From: David R Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:30:10 -0400

I'm trying to find a top-tier restaurant for a dinner I'm hosting.
The info on the host web site is pretty lame (one vegetarian place, couple of burger places, plus Poutine).

I'm a Zagat subscriber but unfortunately Zagat doesn't cover Québec.
Yelp seems to mostly random noise outside Montreal.

I could really use some good recommendations, especially for top-notch food. Walking distance form the venue would be a plus.

Could the locals reply or put something together?

Thanks, DaveO

---

From: Chris Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:39:06 -0400

tripadvisor lists 637 restaurants in QC...

Cafe Le Hobbit is highly rated and very close to the venue, my only
complaint is that they have to cook their burgers well done, and,
therefore, the venison burger is rather dry. The other food is quite
nice. Roughly $15 CAD for everything from burgers to rather good
plates. They have a separate room that can be reserved with notice.
Reservations may be necessary as many of their employees are on
vacation next week.

Chris.

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM, David R Oran <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> 81attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/81attendees
>

-- 
Chris Elliott
[email-masked]

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:55:16 -0400

On 2011-07-21 11:30, David R Oran wrote:
> I could really use some good recommendations, especially for top-notch food.

We just updated the list at http://ietf81.ca/?page_id=12 with several
more high-end and gastronomic suggestions.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca