Subject: [81attendees] VPay Debit Card in Quebec?

From: "Christian Hoene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:34:14 +0200

Hello,

I am trying to use my new VPay debit card here in Quebec. It is a
replacement of the old EC Card (Mastro) and has a chip.
But, ATMs do not give me any money...

Does somebody know a bank in Quebec that supports this new method of
payment? 

 Christian

PS:
Tomorrow I will start to ask for bread ;-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
Dr.-Ing. Christian Hoene, University of Tübingen, Computer Science, Chair of
Communication Networks, Research Group Interactive Communication Systems
(ICS)
Sand 13, 72076 Tübingen, Germany, Tel +49 7071 2970532,
www.net.uni-tuebingen.de

---

From: "John R. Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jul 2011 23:59:47 -0400

> Does somebody know a bank in Quebec that supports this new method of

VPay is the Visa/PLUS network, so I'd look for a branch of Royal Bank, 
CIBC, or TD Canada Trust.

The chip isn't the problem, Canadian cards are all issuing chip+pin cards 
now.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. http://jl.ly

---

From: Jochen Kögel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:46:19 -0400

Hi,

> CIBC, or TD Canada Trust.
I have the same problem with my card. It even did not work with a CIBC
ATM and the CIBC staff also had no clue about VPay.

Has anybody already contacted a bank that issues such VPay-cards
concerning this problem? Or has a Vpay card that works?

Regards,
 Jochen

-- 
Jochen Kögel
e-mail           : [email-masked]
Office           : +49 811 99829 - 135
GSM              : +49 151 422 488 02

http://www.isarnet.de
http://www.isarflow.de
--------------------------------------------