Subject: [81attendees] kayaking in Quebec?

From: "Bill Ver Steeg (versteb)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:07:06 -0500

Does anybody have a pointer to a decent place to rent a kayak and take a
paddle? Anybody up for a 5-10 mile paddle next week? Looks like there
are a few decent flat water paddles right in town.

I saw a few places on the web, but the words all look funny and I can't
read them (8-)).

Bill VerSteeg

---

From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:31:21 -0500

> are a few decent flat water paddles right in town.

I might be up for it, if the water's not terribly cold... I'm from 
Alabama, so my perception of 'cold' may differ from others :-)

-- 
Kevin P. Fleming
Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
Jabber: [email-masked] | SIP: [email-masked] | Skype: kpfleming
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA
Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:43:59 -0400

It looks like there are some lakes and rivers where open water swimming may be possible (initial quick searches only).  I do have a wet suit, but am not sure I will carry it.  Would anyone else be interested?  I typically swim anywhere from under 1 mile to 2 depending on time constraints.  I have not found water temps in the various lakes, but am hoping there may be a lake/pond that could have warmed up as one of the larger ones in MA is already at 80 (swam there early this morning).

Let me know.

Thank you,
Kathleen

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kevin P. Fleming
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:31 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [81attendees] kayaking in Quebec?

-- 
Kevin P. Fleming
Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
Jabber: [email-masked] | SIP: [email-masked] | Skype: kpfleming
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA
Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org
_______________________________________________
81attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/81attendees

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:48:45 -0400

> are a few decent flat water paddles right in town.

I don't know anything about kayaking, but I've heard about the Baie de
Beauport, which is a bay in the huge Saint-Lawrence river with a beach
and they rent kayaks. The nice thing is that it's 20 minutes by bus from
the venue.

http://www.baiedebeauport.com/activites-et-services/location-dembarcations/?lang=en

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Centre+des+congr%C3%A8s+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+900+Boulevard+Ren%C3%A9-L%C3%A9vesque+Est,+Qu%C3%A9bec,+QC+G1R+2B5,+Canada&daddr=46.836358,-71.203594&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&ll=46.828548,-71.199989&spn=0.049211,0.114927&sll=46.834361,-71.20353&sspn=0.012301,0.028732&geocode=FV1BygId7FLB-yGItx7-xe7P_CnPU-1v2JW4TDETBCKqydrm-A%3B&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=16&dirflg=r&ttype=dep&date=19%2F07%2F11&time=11:47am&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&z=14&start=0

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:04:55 -0500

> http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Centre+des+congr%C3%A8s+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+900+Boulevard+Ren%C3%A9-L%C3%A9vesque+Est,+Qu%C3%A9bec,+QC+G1R+2B5,+Canada&daddr=46.836358,-71.203594&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&ll=46.8…

Prices look reasonable too... If I have room in my luggage, I'll bring 
my own PFD (life jacket).

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:06:08 -0400

> are a few decent flat water paddles right in town.

I've just been told about two more kayak spots.

---------

Canots Légaré: this is a shop near the much smaller Saint-Charles river.
They rent kayaks. Getting there by bus would be an adventure though, so
you better have a car.

http://www.canotslegare.com/location.aspx
(French only, sorry.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Centre+des+congr%C3%A8s+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+900+Boulevard+Ren%C3%A9-L%C3%A9vesque+Est,+Qu%C3%A9bec,+QC+G1R+2B5,+Canada&daddr=12766+Boulevard+Valcartier,+Qu%C3%A9bec,+QC+G2A2N2,+Canada+(Canots+L%C3%A9gar%C3%A9)&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&ll=46.826023,-71.293545&spn=0.098426,0.229855&sll=46.835536,-71.292171&sspn=0.098409,0.229855&geocode=FV1BygId7FLB-yGItx7-xe7P_CnPU-1v2JW4TDETBCKqydrm-A%3BFQsMywIdbPi--yErHy7CgWJsFikrK6QqnZi4TDEbfHHTyvsEBA&mra=ltm&z=13

---------

Cap-Rouge is a beautiful small town in the western part of the city and
they rent kayaks at the marina. You can go on the huge Saint-Lawrence
river and on the much smaller Cap-Rouge river.

http://www.quebeckayak.com/fleuve/capitale-nationale/quebec/parc-nautique-de-cap-rouge/
http://www.quebeckayak.com/fleuve/capitale-nationale/quebec/parc-nautique-de-cap-rouge/document/info-2011.pdf
(French only, sorry.)

Around 45 minutes by bus:
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Centre+des+congr%C3%A8s+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+900+Boulevard+Ren%C3%A9-L%C3%A9vesque+Est,+Qu%C3%A9bec,+QC+G1R+2B5,+Canada&daddr=4155+Chemin+de+la+Plage+Jacques+Cartier,+Cap-Rouge,+QC+G1Y+1W3,+Canada+(Parc+Nautique+De+Cap+Rouge)&hl=fr&ie=UTF8&sll=46.763207,-71.307621&sspn=0.04927,0.114927&geocode=FV1BygId7FLB-yGItx7-xe7P_CnPU-1v2JW4TDETBCKqydrm-A%3BFTlNyQIdG3K_-yGFLmT_80CLNylbLO318ZC4TDEuP08pJaw5UQ&mra=ls&dirflg=r&ttype=now&noexp=0&noal=0&sort=def&z=13&start=0

Simon