Subject: Re: [82all] TICC restrictions on food/beverage

From: Mike Sullenberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 15:19:00 -0800 (PST)

This was enforced at least once.  I absentmindedly brought my tea
from the break into a meeting room and was asked to take it back
out.  It wasn't a real problem, but it wold have been nice to be
able to sit down with my tea while waiting for the meeting to
start.

Mike.

>Hi Ray,
>
>I guess it depends what you consider a problem. I never witnessed
>enforcement of these rules, but the explicit mention caused me to
>change behaviors in ways that made the meetings less pleasant for
>me. When there were no sodas for the first couple of days, I would
>have brought outside sodas in had I not been warned that they
>weren't allowed. I have regularly done this at other meetings where
>the sodas were either scarce or expensive in the venue.  (I didn't
>discover they were available in the cafe until after the caterer
>started supplying them mid-week.) This would not have been an issue
>had the caterer supplied them all week.
>
>OTOH, I did enjoy the pulpy apple juice.
>
>There were also prominently displayed warnings not to bring beverages
>into the meeting rooms, which means you have to finish break
>beverages during the break. I am usually in the habit of bringing a
>soda or water bottle into the meeting and nursing it for the duration.
>I'm used to seeing such rules for the terminal room, but not the
>meeting rooms.
>
>It's interesting that these are typical provisions (and I don't doubt
>this is true), given that this is the first time they have been, to
>my knowledge, actively communicated to the attendees. If it has been
>typical of past meetings, it hasn't been communicated or enforced.
>Since they were explicitly communicated this time, I assumed that the
>TICC intended to enforce them. But again, I never witnessed such
>enforcement.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Ben.
>
>
>On Dec 1, 2011, at 11:35 AM, Ray Pelletier wrote:
>
>> All;
>>
>> Prior to the meeting it was disclosed that the TICC restricted
>> bringing outside food into the TICC, which generated a lengthy
>> discussion on the IETF list with this subject.
>>
>> This is a typical provision in venue contract
>> Did anyone encounter any difficulties in this regard?  Anecdotal
>> evidence says not.
>>
>> Ray

+------------------------------------------------+
| Mike Sullenberger; DSE                         |
| [email-masked]                .:|:.:|:.         |
| Customer Advocacy              CISCO           |
+------------------------------------------------+