Subject: [82attendees] being energy friendly during the meeting days?

From: "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 05:39:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

you wanna be more energy friendly during the meeting days?  Don't step on 
the white "play buttons" on red carpets but make a short jump or walk around 
them in the TICC if you can. -- If you cannot or do not want to then 
please wait until the person in front of you is off if (s)he had 
decided to.

Bjoern

PS: if this puzzles you then you probably have figured out teleportation;-)

-- 
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 You have to have visions!
          Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.

---

From: Tomek Mrugalski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:15:25 +0800

On 11-11-15 13:39, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> you wanna be more energy friendly during the meeting days?  Don't step
> on the white "play buttons" on red carpets but make a short jump or walk
> around them in the TICC if you can. -- If you cannot or do not want to
> then please wait until the person in front of you is off if (s)he had
> decided to.
There's a bug in the escalator software. Steps to reproduce:
1. approach red arrow with not moving escalator
2. jump over (escalaor does not start as expected)
3. move downstair using the old fasioned way
4. walk on the "exit" arrow.
Escalator will start moving. It will stop after 3-4 seconds, but it
shouldn't move in the first place.

This bug is not exploitable. You can't step on the exit arrow to stop
already moving escalator. That would be too obvious.

Cheers,
Tomek

---

From: Jakob Heitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:38:33 -0500

nerd!

Maybe you executed a test sequence or found an Easter egg.

--
Jakob Heitz.

On Nov 16, 2011, at 9:15 PM, "Tomek Mrugalski" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 82attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/82attendees

---

From: Matthew Kaufman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 00:23:25 +0800

> Maybe you executed a test sequence or found an Easter egg.

Neither. It is a UI feature.

If you step on the wrong arrow and it doesn't move, you can start 
walking up or down and then, when someone arrives at the far end, you 
suddenly find yourself going backwards.

If you step on the wrong arrow and it starts moving in the direction 
opposite to your direction of travel briefly, you switch escalators to 
one that is going your way.

Matthew Kaufman