Subject: [82attendees] Changing US$ into TWD near TICC on Xinyi Rd.

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 12:21:52 +0800

3 data points, along Xinyi Rd (around AT Boutique.)

Away from TICC:

1.  Citibank.  They don't want to change money and suggested I go down to Hua 
Nan Bank nearby.

2.  Hua Nan bank sent me to second floor and charged me 3%.  They did not 
require a second ID, other than my passport.  (Everybody requires to see and 
photocopy your passport.)

Opposite TICC:

3.  HSBC.  Couldn't have been nicer.  Process took a little time, but they got 
someone who spoke english and they even accepted my California Drivers License 
as a second ID.    Rate seemed ok and there was no additional fee.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:04:13 -0500 (EST)

If you intend to change cash, consider doing it at the airport.

The currency exchange at the airport charged less than 1% and didn't 
ask for ID.  Net result: 100EUR --> 3980TWD.  The "fee" was 30 TWD, 
and the basic rate was 40.17 (on Thursday).  The spread for both USD 
and EUR was astonishingly small.

-- Sam