Subject: [82attendees] espresso

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 13:02:27 -0800

Has anyone found good espresso near the hotel?

-d

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:54:01 -0800

The volunteer NOC team is starting to arrive on site, so I hope there will be some reports soon!

Bob

On Nov 8, 2011, at 1:02 PM, Dan Wing wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 82attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/82attendees

---

From: Olaf Kolkman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:02:32 +0100

> Has anyone found good espresso near the hotel?

http://www.handpresso.com/

I know somebody who has this neat device... It performs well. It might be the tool of choice for the real addicts.

(I am interested in nearby locations too)

________________________________________________________ 

Olaf M. Kolkman                        NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/

---

From: "Nadeau, Thomas D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 23:15:38 +0000

Wait for the recon from Randy. He always finds the best espresso joints
near by. 8)

	--Tom

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 07:06:07 +0100

> Wait for the recon from Randy. He always finds the best espresso joints

dan is doing the research and leading the search.  best pointer he has
sent so far is

    http://www.home-barista.com/cafes/espresso-adventures-in-far-east-t5606-20.html

but it is not clear what the geography is.

randy

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:47:28 -0800

> Has anyone found good espresso near the hotel?

A nice thread here with pictures and brief reviews, and
a pointer to a WSJ article,

so I mapped everything I could find from that Home-Barista thread.  I 
used the coffee icon for the espresso shops, and a fork/knife for some 
restaurants:

   http://g.co/maps/2nb9u

-d

---

From: 王忍成 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 01:31:55 +0800

For those who just want a cheap and not bad coffee, I would suggest you just
walk in to any 7-11 or family mart and order a current brew coffee.
The quality is above average (better than most of hotels) in these two
convenient store.

Or, you can find Starbucks, Lavazza cafe (at A8 building of Shin Kong
Mitsukoshi department store), and other cafes nearby.

For those who only want best quality, here is the map of specialty coffee in
Taipei.
http://taipeicafe.web-street.com.tw/img/2.5_coffeemap.jpg

The one which is the closest to the venue is Zhuang-Jing Branch of the Kaidi
Coffee.
http://kaidi-coffee.com.tw/mainwebsite/about4_a.html
10-15mins walk from the venue.

Another one home barista I know nearby is "1868 coffee and bakery store". It
is near the 4th entrance of the MRT station of the Taipei City Hall.
The address is here: No. 18, Lane 71, Sec. 5th, Zhong-Xiao E. Rd., Taipei.
15-20mins walk from the venue.

Reen-Cheng Wang
A coffee lover. Member of Cup Of Excellence (was).

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Dan Wing
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 1:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [82attendees] espresso

> Has anyone found good espresso near the hotel?

A nice thread here with pictures and brief reviews, and a pointer to a WSJ
article,
 
http://www.home-barista.com/cafes/espresso-adventures-in-far-east-t5606-20.h
tml

so I mapped everything I could find from that Home-Barista thread.  I used
the coffee icon for the espresso shops, and a fork/knife for some
restaurants:

   http://g.co/maps/2nb9u

-d

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:47:12 -0500

> http://taipeicafe.web-street.com.tw/img/2.5_coffeemap.jpg

Thanks for this, Reen-Cheng.

The URL is wrong, though: you "fixed" their spelling of "coffee".  :-)
 The correct URL is this:
  http://taipeicafe.web-street.com.tw/img/2.5_cofemap.jpg

Copy/paste is your friend.

Barry