Subject: [82attendees] Where to buy an umbrella?

From: "John R. Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Nov 2011 15:53:22 +0800

This is probably a dumb question, but has anyone seen a place near the 
Hyatt or TICC to buy an umbrella?  As far as I can tell, everyone in 
Taiwan is issued one at birth, so perhaps there is no need to offer them 
at retail.

R's,
John

PS: I have a rain jacket, but it's kind of warm for this week's weather.

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 13:31:12 +0530

I happen to see a couple of shops in Linjiang St. Night Market that sell
Umbrella's.  You may have to bargain to get a good price though.

The place is close by TICC and you can find the route here 
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=202242792288504239937.0004abd9856d6e
c81a436&msa=0&ll=25.035877,121.55797&spn=0.004977,0.009613

Ram

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:82attendees-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of John R. Levine
> Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:53 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [82attendees] Where to buy an umbrella?
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 82attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/82attendees

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:03:39 +0200

I saw a few stores selling them while walking west on Zhongxiao.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 23:57:10 -0800

At 3:53 PM +0800 11/13/11, John R. Levine wrote:

>  This is probably a dumb question, but has anyone seen a place near 
> the Hyatt or TICC to buy an umbrella?

Your hotel probably has plenty for loaning out to guests.  (But hotel 
loaners tend to be large, not the compact foldup ones.)

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on
society.                                              --Mark Twain

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:41:23 +0100

I bought a compact umbrella from a grocery store in the subway station,
I think it cost 120 Taiwan dollars. 

Dan

> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall Gellens
> Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:57 AM
> To: John R. Levine; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [82attendees] Where to buy an umbrella?
>

---

From: Steven Bellovin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:20:16 -0500

On Nov 13, 2011, at 2:53 AM, John R. Levine wrote:

> This is probably a dumb question, but has anyone seen a place near the Hyatt or TICC to buy an umbrella?  As far as I can tell, everyone in Taiwan is issued one at birth, so perhaps there is no need to offer them at retail.
> 

At one Metro station (I fear I don't remember which), there was a vendor outside selling
umbrellas.  Reminded me of New York...

		--Steve Bellovin, https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb