Subject: [82attendees] Italian Restaurants

From: "Bhatia, Manav (Manav)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:02:30 +0530

Hi,

Are there any decent Italian restaurants near the meeting venue or Grand Hyatt?

Cheers, Manav

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:09:02 +0800

I haven't tried any of them, but look at http://tinyurl.com/6nhpcyc

That said, there is a food court in the lowest level of Taipei 101 that is not too expensive and not at all bad - Sushi, Chinese/Taiwanese, KFC+MacDonalds, and others - and (Mary) has a small supermarket in it. There are also (surprise!) more betterer restaurants around here. 

On Nov 11, 2011, at 8:32 PM, Bhatia, Manav (Manav) wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 82attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/82attendees

---

From: Hans Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 14:57:35 +0000

I know there is one nearby Hyatt, 5 mins walking distance

http://www.bellavita.com.tw/eng/store.php?d=36

http://www.bellavita.com.tw/eng/location.php

Best regards,
Hans

Sent from Hans' iPad2

---

From: 王忍成 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 23:08:31 +0800

Google's info is too rough, since most restaurants in Taiwan do not provide
English information on the web. 

The one names "Diamond Tony's Italian Restaurant" at the 85F of 101 building
is pretty good but not cheap (start from NT$800 for lunch and NT$1680 for
dinner).
I have been there for many times before they move up to the 85th floor from
the 3rd floor.

Also, there are many food courts nearby. Except the one in the 101 mall, the
Shin Kong Mitsukoshi department store, which is just half block behind the
101 building (just ask anyone how to walk to Warner Bros Theater and you
will see it), has food courts and restaurants in the A4, A8, and A11
building. Nearly 100 restaurants and snack bars inside. You can also find
lots of good restaurants nearby.

For those who want to try Taiwanese Cuisine, I will suggest you to try the
Shin Yeh Restaurant at the 8th floor in the A9 building of the Shin Kong
Mitsukoshi department store. They just win the top 5 restaurant in Taiwan in
the Miele Guide. If you like Japanese style food, they have another store at
the 5th floor in the A11 building of the same department store. They has
English service and accept credit cards. 

Taipei is a city of all kinds of delicious foods. Enjoy it.

Reen-Cheng Wang

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Fred Baker
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 9:09 PM
To: Bhatia, Manav (Manav); Mary Barnes
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [82attendees] Italian Restaurants

That said, there is a food court in the lowest level of Taipei 101 that is
not too expensive and not at all bad - Sushi, Chinese/Taiwanese,
KFC+MacDonalds, and others - and (Mary) has a small supermarket in it. There
are also (surprise!) more betterer restaurants around here.

---

From: 王忍成 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:45:40 +0800

Another Italian Restaurant I would suggest is "Osteria by Angie", which
takes 15-20 min walking from the TICC.
They provide south Italian food. http://www.osteria.com.tw/

For those who live in the Howard Plaza, here are some suggestions nearby.
"La Giara" serves good quality Sisley food. http://www.lagiara.com.tw/
"Tien Yuen (means rural) Taiwanese Restaurant" at No. 2, DongFon St. (just
cross the Fu-Hsin S.Rd., from the Howard Plaza hotel and walk 50M right)
provide good Taiwanese food.
"Zhu Ji Pancake restaurant" is famous for its beef noodle and pancake with
beef suffering. Walk about 150-200M west along the Ren-Ai Road from the
hotel and you will find it at your left-hand side. 

-----Original Message-----

That said, there is a food court in the lowest level of Taipei 101 that is
not too expensive and not at all bad - Sushi, Chinese/Taiwanese,
KFC+MacDonalds, and others - and (Mary) has a small supermarket in it. 
KFC+There
are also (surprise!) more betterer restaurants around here. 

On Nov 11, 2011, at 8:32 PM, Bhatia, Manav (Manav) wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Are there any decent Italian restaurants near the meeting venue or 
> Grand
Hyatt?

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 05:59:11 +0900

> provide good Taiwanese food.

Any advice on where to get good cheap vegetarian chinese food near the venue?

---

From: 王忍成 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 21:04:59 +0800

Ming De Vegetarian restaurant is a cheap choice at B2 of the A8 building of
Shin Kong Mitsukoshi department store. The cost is depend on how much food
you take.

Easy House Vegetarian Cuisine at 3F of the Neo 19 (a building next to Warner
Bros) provides good Chinese vegetarian cuisine (NT$300-500/person).

There are some small vegetarian restaurants at the Wu-Hsin St. nearby but I
cannot remember their name.

Reen-Cheng Wang

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Lemon [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:59 AM
To: 王忍成
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [82attendees] Italian Restaurants

On Nov 12, 2011, at 1:45 AM, 王忍成 <[email-masked]> wrote:
> "Tien Yuen (means rural) Taiwanese Restaurant" at No. 2, DongFon St. 
> (just cross the Fu-Hsin S.Rd., from the Howard Plaza hotel and walk 
> 50M right) provide good Taiwanese food.

Any advice on where to get good cheap vegetarian chinese food near the
venue?

---

From: "John R. Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Nov 2011 23:32:24 +0800

> Are there any decent Italian restaurants near the meeting venue or Grand Hyatt?

Don't know if it's decent but I walked past a place called I Love Pasta 
that had a variety of Italian style pasta and sauce.

It's on Keelung Rd, the road the Hyatt is on, about three blocks south on 
the left.

R's,
John

---

From: Geoff Mulligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:36:03 -0700

There are a bunch of links that claim the Grand Hyatt is haunted.

Let us know if you see a ghost in your room, other than the ghost of 
working IPv6.

     geoff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reportedly_haunted_locations_in_the_world
http://luxpresso.com/photogallery-indulge/worlds-top-10-haunted-hotels/8765/11
http://www.chinastudygroup.org/travel-sites-on-the-worlds-top-10-haunted-taipei-grand-hyatt-hotel-list.html

---

From: "Bhatia, Manav (Manav)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:14:27 +0530

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293913-d306447-r6043624-Grand_Hyatt_Taipei-Taipei.html

The "Nice hotel, but haunted" review seems quite interesting. I am hoping that the ghosts will get bored spooking people out of their wits by the time I reach there tomorrow and that my stay would hopefully remain quite uneventful.

Cheers, Manav 

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Geoff Mulligan
> Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 7:06 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [82attendees] Grand Hyatt is haunted
> 
> Let us know if you see a ghost in your room, other than the 
> ghost of working IPv6.
> 
>      geoff
> 
> http://www.chinastudygroup.org/travel-sites-on-the-worlds-top-
10-haunted-taipei-grand-hyatt-hotel-list.html

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:10:19 +0000

> The "Nice hotel, but haunted" review seems quite interesting. I am hoping that the ghosts will get bored spooking people out of their wits by the time I reach there tomorrow and that my stay would…

It's just the ghost of IPv4...

---

From: rajabu kitindi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:17:52 +0300

Thanks for clarification. I was going to check out today.
On 14 Nov 2011 18:15, "Tim Chown" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > The "Nice hotel, but haunted" review seems quite interesting. I am
> hoping that the ghosts will get bored spooking people out of their wits by
> the time I reach there tomorrow and that my stay would hopefully remain
> quite uneventful.
>

---

From: "John R. Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Nov 2011 18:21:14 +0800

> It's just the ghost of IPv4...

Naah.  If that ghost were around, it would be haunting me:

http://jl.ly/Internet/nomorev4.html

R's,
John

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:37:40 +0800

> The "Nice hotel, but haunted" review seems quite interesting. I am hoping that the ghosts will get bored spooking people out of their wits by the time I reach there tomorrow and that my stay would…

Ah, thank you, this explain a lot….

The toilet in my room flushes itself 2 or 4 times a night -- I had thought that people were sneaking into my room to pee[0], but now I realize it must be ghosts… 

Cool.

W

[0] It's weird what you'll come up with when you're mostly asleep -- the fact that folk were apparently breaking into my room to use the loo didn't seem to worry me much...

---

From: Humberto Galiza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:23:46 +0800

> Ah, thank you, this explain a lot….
And now it's explain why the internet connection went down at my floor at 1am…I think the (a lot of) ghosts were downloading some torrents, and using a lot of internet bandwidth…

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 06:26:04 -0600

> And now it's explain why the internet connection went down at my floor at 1am…I think the (a lot of) ghosts were downloading some torrents, and using a lot of internet bandwidth…

"Rule 34 - no exceptions" ...

(Not quite Rule 34 - "if it exists, and apparently even if it doesn't, 
sooner or later, it downloads porn")