Subject: [91attendees] luau

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 13:12:49 -0700

Anyone found a good, small luau?  Reviews of Polynesian Cultural Center (Oahu)'s luau are not terribly positive, and I haven't found others on Oahu that might be good.  I have parental units flying in and am looking for a good, small luau on Oahu, Maui, or the big island.  Years ago we went to a reasonably good luau at Royal Kona Resort (on the big island) but it was washed away in 2011's tsunami and they haven't rebuilt their luau area.

-d

---

From: "DelRegno, Christopher N (Nick)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 16:17:24 -0400

The luau at the Grand Wailea (Maui) was good, but not small.  I¹ve heard
good things about the Old Lahaina Luau (also Maui) and it is small.

On 9/9/14, 4:12 PM, "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Anyone found a good, small luau?  Reviews of Polynesian Cultural Center
>(Oahu)'s luau are not terribly positive, and I haven't found others on
>Oahu that might be good.  I have parental units flying in and am looking
>for a good, small luau on Oahu, Maui, or the big island.  Years ago we
>went to a reasonably good luau at Royal Kona Resort (on the big island)
>but it was washed away in 2011's tsunami and they haven't rebuilt their
>luau area.
>
>-d
>
>_______________________________________________
>91attendees mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/91attendees

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 15:49:47 -0500

If  you don't mind it costing a bit more than others, I _highly_ recommend the Feast of Lele in Lahaina, Maui. It's small and on the beach. It's different than most in that it's table service, instead of a huge buffet. The show is small, but excellent. It's broken into performances from different island traditions. The meal courses are coordinated with the show. 
https://www.feastatlele.com

I have a few pics of the their show from Jan 2011:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk2FHcPR

I also actually enjoyed the PCD show. It's a bigger production than most.  But the food was just fair, and the buffet was a bit of a cattle-call.

We've also read good things about the Chief's Luau at the Sea Life Park on Oahu, but have not seen it. Candace and I may try to catch it the week after IETF.  (The recommendations on the park itself are not quite as good.)

http://www.chiefsluau.com

/Ben