Subject: [92all] Assistive Listening Devices at IETF 92

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 13:49:16 -0500

All,

We have received feedback on surveys, mailing lists and from
individuals complaining about their ability to hear session
speakers.

For this meeting, we are going to continue to make listening
devices available for individuals.  You have likely seen these at
other conferences, plays, or movie theaters.  We are using these
devices:
http://www.telex.com/tg/wireless/product/SR_400/1485?fam%5B%5D=168.

Note: These will not be used to provide translations.

Details:

They are available free of charge and can be checked out from the
Secretariat at Registration; please bring your photo ID as we will
need to make a copy for our records. 

The device can be tuned to one of eight channels, can be clipped
onto your belt and comes with an earpiece. Each meeting room will
use a different channel, so you will simply select the proper
channel for the session you want to listen to via the headset. Below
are the channel assignments; you will also receive a paper copy of
this when you checkout a device.

Royal - channel A
Far East - channel B
Continental - channel C
Oak - channel D
Parisian - channel E
Venetian - channel F
International - channel F
Gold - channel G

Ray
IETF Administrative Director