Subject: [94all] Social Event Information

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 20:38:52 -0800

IETF 94
Yokohama, Japan
November 1-6, 2015
Host: WIDE

Information for this evening's Social Event.  
http://ietf94.jp/social-event/

November 3 is “Culture Day” (文化の日) in Japan, a national holiday
held annually for the purpose of promoting culture and the arts. The
IETF Social Event provides attendees with a chance to experience the
food, tradition and entertainment culture of Japan first hand.

Place and Time:
	The Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu
	http://ybht.co.jp/en/access.php
	B2F Queen's Grand Ballroom | 19:00-21:30

	The hotel is a 2-3 min. walk from Pacifico Yokohama. 
	Enter the hotel from the 2F of the Queen's Square Mall. 
	After entering the mall from the conference center, you will see the
	hotel entrance on the left.

Tickets:
	Please bring the ticket provided at the registration desk.
	The Social Event is sold out. No additional tickets will be available on site. 

Event Opening:  "Kagami-biraki"（鏡開き）:
	Kagami-biraki" is a ceremony performed to open events - breaking open a 
	cask of sake with wooden mallets as a representation of harmony and
	good fortune. 
	http://www.gekkeikan.co.jp/english/products/kagami-biraki.html

Cuisine:
	A Japanese sake corner will allow you to taste over 30 different sake
	brands from all over the country. 
	
	In addition to the buffet menu, the hotel chefs will be on hand to
	specially prepare and serve sushi, tenpura and oden 
	(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden). 

Attractions: 

	Koto Performance （琴演奏）
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koto_%28instrument%29
	Attendees will be welcomed to the venue with a koto performance.

	Tea Ceremony（茶道）
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_tea_ceremony
	Learn and experience the preparation and presentation of macha （抹茶）,
	Japanese powdered green tea.

	Amezaiku （飴細工）
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amezaiku
	Try your hand at the traditional art of candy sculpting. 

	Kiri-e（切り絵）
	Kiri-e is a traditional Japanese method of paper cutting. We have
	invited a kiri-e artist to the social event to share skill and beauty 
	of this traditional art with attendees.