Subject: [94attendees] Photo of venue's area

From: Mukund Sivaraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 12:42:54 +0530

The venue area is well covered in a recent high resolution sample image
released for Canon's 5DS cameras. From EXIF, it seems this photo was
shot in December last year. I've marked where I think are the hotels
from IETF-94's page.

http://users.isc.org/~muks/yokohama.jpg

Source of image:

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/samples/eos5dsr/

		Mukund

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:37:30 -0700 (PDT)

Mukund,

That's very nice.

Let me just point out that while your red X for the venue is 
technically part of Pacifico, we are NOT using those halls for IETF 
94. Instead we are using the terraced building that is attached to the 
Intercontinental Hotel (green X), and more specifically we will be 
using the third floor of that building.

For another view, see: 

http://www.yokohama-organdemo.org/#!access/c16zr

...and mark your calendar for Wednesday, November 4!

Note also that the tall tower in the middle of the picture (by the 
sailing ship Nippon Maru), houses another hotel namely the Royal Park 
Hotel Yokohama. The tower itself is called Landmark Yokohama and you
can get a great view from the observation floor on the top.

The small bridges on the path leading to the Navios are historic 
(built in Brooklyn, NY if I recall correctly) and sit on a railway 
line that has been converted into a walking path.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal
Office:  +1 415-550-9433
Cell:    +1 415-370-4628
UK Cell: +44 7805 977889
docomo: (090) 3337-9311
Web: protocoljournal.org
E-mail: [email-masked]
E-mail: [email-masked]
Skype: organdemo

---

From: Sudhin Jacob <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:01:02 +0000

Hi All,

Could you please let me know how to reach IETF venue from airport. Is there any train service  near to airport. What will  be the cost in USD.

Regards,
Sudhin

-----Original Message-----
From: 94attendees [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ole Jacobsen
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 2:08 PM
To: Mukund Sivaraman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Photo of venue's area

Mukund,

That's very nice.

Let me just point out that while your red X for the venue is technically part of Pacifico, we are NOT using those halls for IETF 94. Instead we are using the terraced building that is attached to the Intercontinental Hotel (green X), and more specifically we will be using the third floor of that building.

For another view, see: 

Note also that the tall tower in the middle of the picture (by the sailing ship Nippon Maru), houses another hotel namely the Royal Park Hotel Yokohama. The tower itself is called Landmark Yokohama and you can get a great view from the observation floor on the top.

The small bridges on the path leading to the Navios are historic (built in Brooklyn, NY if I recall correctly) and sit on a railway line that has been converted into a walking path.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:

> The venue area is well covered in a recent high resolution sample 
> image released for Canon's 5DS cameras. From EXIF, it seems this photo 
> was shot in December last year. I've marked where I think are the 
> hotels from IETF-94's page.
> 

_______________________________________________
94attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/94attendees

---

From: Juliao Braga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:34:15 -0300

Good questions, Sudhin!

Regards,

Juliao

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:37:36 +0200 (CEST)

> Good questions, Sudhin!

https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf94

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]

---

From: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:43:18 +0200

> Could you please let me know how to reach IETF venue from airport. Is there any train service  near to airport. What will  be the cost in USD.

More importantly (and currently not covered in the Wiki) can someone 
point us to a website where we can reserve a train ticket to get from 
Narita to Yokohama?

Are there any specific fares we should choose?

Regards,

Ludwig

-- 
Ludwig Seitz, PhD
SICS Swedish ICT AB
Ideon Science Park
Building Beta 2
Scheelevägen 17
SE-223 70 Lund

Phone +46(0)70-349 92 51
http://www.sics.se

---

From: Sudhin Jacob <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:26:38 +0000

Hi All,

The wiki data is not clear. There are 2 airports  if I get down at Haneda airport which is near to the venue. How far is the train station. There are so many rail services. Which is the best one. How far the train station from airport.
I believe the destination is minatomirai station. Could you please help me out,  Whether the people will follow English, if any queries arises do I need to ask in Japanese :).

Regards,
Sudhin

-----Original Message-----
From: 94attendees [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ludwig Seitz
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Photo of venue's area

> Could you please let me know how to reach IETF venue from airport. Is there any train service  near to airport. What will  be the cost in USD.

More importantly (and currently not covered in the Wiki) can someone point us to a website where we can reserve a train ticket to get from Narita to Yokohama?

Regards,

Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD
SICS Swedish ICT AB
Ideon Science Park
Building Beta 2
Scheelevägen 17
SE-223 70 Lund

Phone +46(0)70-349 92 51
http://www.sics.se

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 06:43:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015, Sudhin Jacob wrote:

> Hi All,
> 
> Could you please let me know how to reach IETF venue from airport. 
> Is there any train service near to airport. What will be the cost in 
> USD.
> 
> Regards,
> Sudhin

http://ietf94.jp/access/

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 06:58:42 -0700 (PDT)

Please read the information at http://ietf94.jp/access/

If you still have questions, post them here.

Thanks,

Ole

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015, Sudhin Jacob wrote:

> Hi All,
> 
> The wiki data is not clear. There are 2 airports if I get down at 
> Haneda airport which is near to the venue. How far is the train 
> station. There are so many rail services. Which is the best one. How 
> far the train station from airport. I believe the destination is 
> minatomirai station. Could you please help me out, Whether the 
> people will follow English, if any queries arises do I need to ask 
> in Japanese :).
> 
> Regards,
> Sudhin
>

---

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 16:24:39 +0200

> I believe the destination is minatomirai station. Could you please help me out,  Whether the people will follow English, if any queries arises do I need to ask in Japanese :).

You can try http://www.hyperdia.com/ to plan you trip.
For example:
http://goo.gl/Vqis53

-- 
SY, Jen Linkova aka Furry

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 00:11:13 +0900 (JST)

In Haneda Airport International Terminal, two rail services are
accessiable.

1. Tokyo Monorail: goes to Hamamatsucho (Tokyo), and don't take if you
   are going to Yokohama.

2. Keihin-Kyuko or Keikyu in short: Some trains directly access
   Yokohama, but you may need to change at Kamata. Don't take "Airport
   Kaitoku" trains - they don't stop at Kamata and goes opposite
   direction to Narita Airport.

   From Yokohama, change to Minato-Mirai line trains toward
   Motomachi-Chukagai (china town) direction. First or second stop is
   Minatomirai depending on the type of your train. It is the nearest
   station to the venue, InterContinental, and Yokohama Bay Hotel
   Tokyu.

   (if you use http://www.hyperdia.com/ it may suggest to take Monorail
   to get Tenkubashi station to change Keihin Kyuko. This is not usually
   a good way)

   You can purchase Pasmo (http://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/), a stored fare
   IC card at a ticket vending machine at Keihin-Kyuko Haneda Airport
   International Terminal station (and any train stations). 500 JPY
   deposit is charged, and can be refunded at a station when you no
   longer necessary. Pasmo and Suica are issued by different companies
   and now the difference is minimum. You can use Pasmo on JR trains
   and Suita for non-JR trains.

3. If you are not a big fan of trains, consider to take bus service as well.
   Bus departs every 30min until 2:10pm, and less frequent after it, and
   you can reach to InterContinental and Yokohama Bay Hotel Tokyu.

   If your arrival time does not match with the bus service, alternate
   way is to take a bus to YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal). Then
   take a taxi to your hotel (1,000 to  1,500 JPY).

Tokyo Monorail:
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Monorail
Keihin-Kyuko:
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keikyu
Minato-Mirai line:
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minatomirai_Line	
Bus Service to Minatomirai area hotels
	http://hanedabus.jp/timeinfo_e.php?areano=D&routeno=213&busstop1=6189&busstop2=6002
Bus Service to YCAT
	http://hanedabus.jp/timeinfo_e.php?areano=D&routeno=001&busstop1=6003&busstop2=1246

-- Akira Kato

From: Jen Linkova <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Photo of venue's area
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 16:24:39 +0200

---

From: Sudhin Jacob <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 06:45:25 +0000

Hi All,

Let me thank you for the help. it is much appreciated. Kindly clarify some more queries.

1. My flight arrival is around 16:35 so it will take one hour for the process to come out of airport. Is there any bus service to Bay Sheraton yokohoma during this time.
2. How about food, it seems  meal costs are pretty high compared to US in Minto mirai area, is there any affordable restaurants in these venue to have a good meal.
3. I need to travel back  at early morning so option is only taxi to airport whether they accept cards or is there any ATM available at this venue.

Regards,
Sudhin

-----Original Message-----
From: 94attendees [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:41 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [94attendees] Photo of venue's area

In Haneda Airport International Terminal, two rail services are accessiable.

Tokyo Monorail:

-- Akira Kato

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 08:44:37 +0900 (JST)

Dear Sudhin,

Unfortunately, the last bus to Bay Shareton Yokohama departs at 16:15 as in
http://hanedabus.jp/timeinfo_e.php?areano=D&routeno=002&busstop1=6004&busstop2=6002

So you need to use Bus Service to YCAT or ride Keihin-Kyuko (Keikyu)
trains to Yokohama station; you need to walk about 10min (from YCAT)
and 5min (from Yokohama station) to get Sheraton. There are some up
and down with escalators, but you don't need umbrella to get there, if
you approach to Sheraton through "The Diamond" underground shopping
area. See right half of the following map:
http://www.yokohamabay-sheraton.co.jp/img/access_map/map_station_140725.pdf

On return access back to Haneda, you need to walk to YCAT, and take the
first bus departing at 5am will arrive at Haneda International Terminal
at around 5:39am.

If you need to arrive at Haneda ealier than this, or your arrival
passes midnight, Midnight bus service to/from Haneda International
Terminal (Bus Stop No.7) is available as well (1,030 JPY in each
direction):

Haneda Int'l Terminal  | 00:20am  | 01:00am      ^ 04:32am 
YCAT                   | 00:52am  | 01:32am      | 04:00am
Bay Hotel Yokohama     | 01:01am  | 01:41am      | 03:37am
InterContinental       V 01:02am  V 01:42am      | 03:40am

http://hanedabus.jp/timeinfo_e.php?areano=D&routeno=228&busstop1=6005&busstop2=6002

There are many ATM machines accepting international bank cards.
See http://ietf94.jp/essentials/
There is an ATM machine by Seven-Eleven in front of the gate (Kaisatsu)
of Minatomirai station.

There are many inexpensive dining options near Sheraton Hotel and the
venue. Typical price would be around 1,000 JPY for a lunch and
slightly more for a dinner without beverage. There is no tipping
except that some hotel restaurants will automatically add 10% of
service charge. Even in this case you are free from calculation of
tip. Consumption tax in Japan is 8% now. Some restaurants and shops
display prices inclusive tax but some others don't. Be careful.

-- Akira Kato

From: Sudhin Jacob <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [94attendees] Photo of venue's area
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 06:45:25 +0000