Subject: [95attendees] PROTOSEC 2016: Netowrk Protocols Hacking (April 2nd, Buenos Aires, Argentina)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 11:29:04 +0200

Folks,

FYI. Last day to register, and updated agenda (including an additional
presentation!). Later today we will also post on www.protosec.org
additional details on how to get to the Protosec venue from the Hilton
Buenos Aires.

Thanks!

PROTOSEC 2016

*PROTOSEC 2016* <https://www.protosec.org>
     April 2nd, 2016. Buenos Aires, Argentina      

Registration is now open!
<https://www.protosec.org/en/index.html#registracion>

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sitio en castellano 	Castellano

<https://www.protosec.org/>
*Confirmed talks*

  * *The numeric ID flagellum*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#iarce> -- Ivan Arce
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#iarce> (Programa de Seguridad
    en TIC, Fundación Dr. Manuel Sadosky)
  * *DNS and privacy: the effort to improve things*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#sbortzmeyer> -- Stéphane
    Bortzmeyer <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#sbortzmeyer>
    (AFNIC -- the registry of .fr)
  * *CrypTech: An Open Source Hardware Security Module Design*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#rbush> -- Randy Bush
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#rbush> (Internet Initiative
    Japan / Dragon Research Labs)
  * *Packet Fragmentation*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#ghuston> -- Geoff Huston
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#rbush> (APNIC)
  * *Security and Privacy Implications of IPv6 Addressing*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#fgont> -- Fernando Gont
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#fgont> (SI6 Networks)
  * *Exploring Global IPv6 Address Activity*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#dplonka> -- Dave Plonka
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#dplonka> (Akamai Technologies)
  * *Security Aspects of IPv6 Multi-Interface and Source/Destination
    Routing* <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#evyncke> -- Eric
    Vyncke <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#evyncke> (Cisco)
  * *Support of IPv6 Extension Headers in the IPv6 Internet*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#gontvyncke> -- Fernando Gont
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#fgont> (SI6 Networks) and
    Eric Vyncke <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#evyncke> (Cisco)

*About*

The PROTOSEC 2016 event will take place in April 2nd, 2016, in Buenos
Aires City, Argentina. The goal of this event is the presentation and
discussion of topics related to computer networks and communications
protocols among peers, with an emphasis on practical aspects and
low-level details.

*Attendance*

Participation is free and open, but prior registration
<https://www.eventbrite.com.ar/e/protosec-2016-tickets-24117682638> is
required.

*(Draft) Agenda*

  * *08:30-09:00*: *Registration*
  * *09:00-09:05*: *Opening*
  * *09:05-09:50*: *DNS and privacy: the effort to improve things*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#sbortzmeyer> -- Stéphane
    Bortzmeyer <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#sbortzmeyer>
    (AFNIC -- the registry of .fr)
  * *09:50-10:25*: *CrypTech: An Open Source Hardware Security Module
    Design* <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#rbush> -- Randy Bush
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#rbush> (Internet Initiative
    Japan / Dragon Research Labs)
  * *10:25-10:55*: *Coffee break*
  * *10:55-11:35*: *Security and Privacy Implications of IPv6
    Addressing* <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#fgont> --
    Fernando Gont <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#fgont> (SI6
    Networks)
  * *11:35-12:15*: *The Numeric ID Flagellum*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#iarce> -- Ivan Arce
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#iarce> (Programa de Seguridad
    en TIC, Fundación Dr. Manuel Sadosky)
  * *12:15-13:45*: *Lunch Break*
  * *13:45-14:25*: *Security Aspects of IPv6 Multi-Interface and
    Source/Destination Routing*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#evyncke> -- Eric Vyncke
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#evyncke> (Cisco)
  * *14:25-15:05*: *Rethinking IPv6 Extension Headers*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#fgontehs> -- Fernando Gont
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#fgont> (SI6 Networks)
  * *15:05-15:45*: *Support of IPv6 Extension Headers in the IPv6
    Internet* <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#evynckeehs> --
    Eric Vyncke <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#evyncke> (Cisco)
  * *15:45-16:15*: *Coffee break*
  * *16:15:16:55*: *Packet Fragmentation*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#ghuston> -- Geoff Huston
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#ghuston> (APNIC)
  * *16:55-17:40*: *Exploring Global IPv6 Address Activity*
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/talks.html#dplonka> -- Dave Plonka
    <https://www.protosec.org/en/bios.html#dplonka> (Akamai Technologies)
  * *17:40-18:00*: *Closure*

*Place*

The PROTOSEC 2016 event will take place in April 2nd, 2016, at the
Centro Cultural de la Ciencia (C3)
<http://www.mincyt.gob.ar/divulgacion/centro-cultural-de-la-ciencia-c3-11608>
(Godoy Cruz 2270, Palermo, Buenos Aires City, Argentina
<https://www.google.de/maps/place/Godoy+Cruz+2270,+Cdad.+Aut%C3%B3noma+de+Buenos+Aires,+Argentina/@-34.5829708,-58.4312293,17z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m2%213m1%211s0x95bcb58f88e7ce33:0xa1752a6f3dab1172?hl=en>).
Participation is free and open, but prior registration is required
<https://www.eventbrite.com.ar/e/protosec-2016-tickets-24117682638>.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Auspicia:*
 
Internet Society <https://www.internetsociety.org/>

*Organizan:*
 
SI6 Networks <https://www.si6networks.com> 	   	ARIU
<http://www.riu.edu.ar>

-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1