Subject: [95attendees] Delta: Reciprocity Fee Paperwork Requested

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 21:28:55 +0000

FYI - On my first flight from PHL to ATL I was asked for the reciprocity fee paperwork. I explained that it was suspended but they said basically - 'our computer tells us we have to see the paperwork' and that they had not heard of the suspension. Luckily I had a copy of my paperwork (I paid a few years ago). I'm sure I could have escalated to a manager or shown him the info on my phone but it seemed easier to just show the paperwork.

Hard to say if it is Delta-wide or not. My guess is airports like ATL that Delta flies to EZE is completely familiar with the change and would not have asked for the paperwork.

YMMV

- JL

---

From: John Scudder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 22:35:53 +0000

It's not universal -- here at DTW en route to ATL they didn't even mention it. 

--John

> On Apr 2, 2016, at 5:29 PM, Livingood, Jason <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> FYI – On my first flight from PHL to ATL I was asked for the reciprocity fee paperwork. I explained that it was suspended but they said basically - ‘our computer tells us we have to see the paperwork’ and that they had not heard of the suspension. Luckily I had a copy of my paperwork (I paid a few years ago). I’m sure I could have escalated to a manager or shown him the info on my phone but it seemed easier to just show the paperwork. 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 95attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/95attendees

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 15:32:53 -0700

At 9:28 PM +0000 4/2/16, Jason Livingood wrote:

>  FYI - On my first flight from PHL to ATL I was asked for the 
> reciprocity fee paperwork. I explained that it was suspended but 
> they said basically - 'our computer tells us we have to see the 
> paperwork' and that they had not heard of the suspension. Luckily I 
> had a copy of my paperwork (I paid a few years ago). I'm sure I 
> could have escalated to a manager or shown him the info on my phone 
> but it seemed easier to just show the paperwork.

I doubt any airport agent would trust the paper you printed out 
(never mind you verbally telling them), but they are supposed to 
check TIMATIC, which is up to date and would inform them that nothing 
is needed.

>  Hard to say if it is Delta-wide or not. My guess is airports like 
> ATL that Delta flies to EZE is completely familiar with the change 
> and would not have asked for the paperwork.

The reasons airports use TIMATIC is to provide a uniform and accurate 
handling of entry requirements.  It's not supposed to matter how 
familar the agent is.

When I checked in at a smaller AA station, the agent said "I don't 
know if a visa is required for Argentina," and I said "No, there was 
a reciprocity fee requirement, but it ended last week.  Please check 
TIMATIC."  She replied, "I can't take your word for it, I have to 
check TIMATIC," which is exactly what I asked her to do.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
The Briggs/Chase Law of Program Development:

To determine how long it will take to write and debug a
program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add
one, and convert to the next higher units.