Subject: [96all] IETF 96 - Early Bird Cut-off: Friday, 8 July

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 09:44:40 -0700

IETF 96
Berlin, Germany
July 17 - 22, 2016
Host: Juniper

Thank you to our sponsors for IETF 96, including Comcast, DT, ecix, and Strato! 

IETF 96 Information: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/96/index.html
Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meeting/register.html

1.  Registration - EARLY BIRD DEADLINE 2016-07-08
2.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
3.  Accommodations
4.  Social Event and Host Website
5.  InterContinental Berlin Dining Options
6.  Code Sprint
7.  Hackathon
8.  IETF 96 Meeting Wiki

1. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration: USD 700.00 plus VAT*, if paid
	in full prior to 23:59 UTC 8 July 2016
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff: USD 875.00 plus VAT*
	C. Full-time Student Registrations: USD 150.00 (with proper ID) plus VAT*
	D. One Day Pass Registration: USD 375.00 plus VAT*
	E. Registration Cancellation   
	Cutoff for registration cancellation is Monday, 11 July 2016 at UTC 23:59. 
	Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent) cancellation fee if requested by 
	that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 15 July, 2016, 17:00 local Berlin time
	G. On-site Registration begins on Sunday, 17 July 2016 at 10:00 local Berlin time.
	* VAT FAQ - http://ietf.org/meeting/96/vat-faq.html

2. Visas & Letters of Invitation:

	After you complete the registration process, you may
	request an electronic IETF letter of invitation. The
	registration system also allows for you to request hard copy
	IETF letters of invitation. You may request one at a later
	time by following the link provided in the confirmation
	email.

	Please note that local letters of invitation for
	inclusion with Visa applications will not be provided through
	the IETF Registration system. To request a local letter of
	invitation, see: http://ietf.org/meeting/96/local-loi.html

3.  Accommodations

	The InterContinental Berlin, the headquarter hotel for IETF 96, 
	is currently sold out.
	
	The Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof, the overflow hotel, is
	located right across the street from the InterContinental
	Berlin. Room rates include breakfast and in-room high-speed
	Internet access. 
	
	Note: Some nights are currently sold out.
	
	Reservation Cutoff Date: 3 July 2016
	Reservations Link: https://aws.passkey.com/e/13810598
	
	For more information about accommodations during IETF 96, see:
	http://ietf.org/meeting/96/hotel.html

4.	Social Event and Host Website

	The social event for IETF 96 will take place at the Great
	Orangerie at the Charlottenburg Palace on Tuesday, July 19th.
	More information regarding the IETF 96 social event can be
	found here: http://ietf.org/meeting/96/social-event.html
		
	Note: The social event is currently sold out.

	Juniper Networks has created a website for information
	regarding Berlin, including transportation, attractions near
	the InterContinental, maps, etc. This website is available
	here: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/ietf/index.html

5.	InterContinental Dining Options

	The Hugos Restaurant in the InterContinental will be
	closed from July 17th to July 22nd. The L.A. Cafe restaurant,
	located next to the Wintergarten on the ground floor of the
	hotel, is open from 06:30 to 22:00 for breakfast, lunch, and
	dinner.
	
6.  Code Sprint 
	The IETF 96 Code Sprint in Berlin will, as
	always, let you work on fixing those things about the datatracker
	which you most urgently desire to do something about.

	When: Saturday July 16 from 09:30 to 18:00 
	Where: InterContinental Berlin, Koepenick I/II
	Information: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF96Sprint
	Sign-Up: https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF96SprintSignUp 
	Mailing List: ​https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/codesprints

7. Hackathon 
	The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is
	holding a Hackathon at IETF 96 to encourage developers to
	discuss, collaborate and develop utilities, ideas, sample code
	and solutions that show practical implementations of IETF
	standards.

	When: Saturday July 16 and Sunday July 17 
	Where: InterContinental Berlin, Potsdam III
	Sponsored By: Huawei 
	Signup for the Hackathon: https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf96/hackathonregistration.py 
	More information can be found here: http://ietf.org/hackathon/96-hackathon.html 
	Keep up to date by subscribing to: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hackathon

	The Hackathon is free to attend and open to all. Extend
	the invitation to colleagues outside the IETF!

	Descriptions and information regarding the technologies
	for the hackathon are located on the IETF 96 Meeting Wiki:
	https://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/96hackathon

	Don’t see anything that interests you? Feel free to add
	your preferred technology to the list, sign up as its
	Champion and show up to work on it. Note: you must login to
	the wiki to add content. If you do add a new technology, we
	strongly suggest that you send an email to [email-masked]
	to let others know. You may generate interest in your
	technology, and find other people who want to contribute to
	it.

	To request a wiki account, please click on the “login”
	button on the bottom right corner of the page, and choose
	“register.” If you need a new password please click on the
	“login” button on the bottom right corner of the page and
	choose “Send new password.”

8. IETF 96 Meeting Wiki 
	The IETF 96 meeting wiki (Your Wiki) has been created to 
	exchange information regarding IETF 96.

	Your IETF 96 (Berlin) wiki can be found here:
	http://www.ietf.org/registration/MeetingWiki/wiki/ietf96 and
	is also accessible from the Berlin meeting page
	(http://www.ietf.org/meeting/96/index.html) on the IETF
	website.

	To create an account, click ‘Login’ at the bottom of the
	wiki and then ‘Register’. If you have forgotten your
	password, you may reset it with the "Send new password" link.

Only 10 days until IETF 96 in Berlin!