Subject: [96attendees] Bouldering in Berlin

From: Walter Pienciak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 10:46:36 +0200

Yesterday I visited the Berlin Boulder Project.  (
http://www.boulder-project.de/).

It's a 10-minute walk from the Sudkreuz train station, and somewhat buried
in a repurposed industrial area, as these gyms often are.  9 euros; they'll
rent the climbing shoes if you don't have a pair (I dragged my shoes and
chalkbag along on this trip).

Plenty of wallspace, good music to keep you psyched, indoor AND outdoor
areas.  More than enough problems to get you pumped or spit you off the
wall.  ;^)

Walter

Walter Pienciak
Senior Manager, Strategic Programs, IEEE Standards Association

[email-masked]
+1 303 527 0934

---

From: Corinne Cath <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:33:18 +0100

Thanks for sharing! That sounds like an excellent game plan for Friday
afternoon!

Best

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Walter Pienciak <[email-masked]
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>> wrote:

> [email-masked] <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>
> +1 303 527 0934
>
> _______________________________________________
> 96attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml',[email-masked]');>
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/96attendees
>
>

-- 
Corinne J.N. Cath

-- 
Corinne J.N. Cath

---

From: Walter Pienciak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 23:40:00 +0200

Well, hey, my soreness should have diminished by Friday, and I was planning
on a revisit. I'd be happy to work out a common time with anyone interested.

FWIW, the gym has stuff suitable for all levels, so if anyone has the
inclination...

Walter

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016, Corinne Cath <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Walter Pienciak <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>
>> It's a 10-minute walk from the Sudkreuz train station, and somewhat
>> buried in a repurposed industrial area, as these gyms often are.  9 euros;
>> they'll rent the climbing shoes if you don't have a pair (I dragged my
>> shoes and chalkbag along on this trip).
>>

-- 
Sent from Gmail Mobile

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:59:46 +0200

There’s also the Humboldthain Flaktürme, a partially blown-up structure from the war times. It has climbing routes but also some bouldering. There are no holds, just rough concrete… Links:

http://www.climbing-area.info/gebiete/bunker/bunker_main.htm
http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3501
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak_tower
http://planetskier.blogspot.com/2015/07/bunker-bouldering.html

Recommended, for climbing and historical perspective. If you want to visit the inside of the bunker, berliner-unterwelten.de organises tours. Climbing is on the outside.

Jari