Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] Consideration of draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-02.txt

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 19:15:13 -0700 (PDT)

The RADEXT WG has a charter deliverable for extensions to the RADIUS 
attribute space. The apparent consensus in the WG is to solve a very 
simple set of problems, including the pending exhaustion of the standard 
RADIUS attribute space, a consistent mechanism for application layer 
fragmentation and reassembly for Diameter interoperability, and a 
consistent mechanism for grouping of attributes for data structuring, 
also for Diameter interoperability. 

The structure of the extended attribute format currently under 
consideration may require changes in various RADIUS extensions drafts 
in RADEXT and other working groups. This assumes that at least some of 
these documents will ultimately use the RADIUS extended attribute 
allocations. Given the potential widespread impact of attribute 
extension, the RADEXT WG Chairs are requesting that the RADEXT WG and 
all other affected WGs please review the following document: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-attribute-type-extension-02.txt
 
This is the third (and last) review request relating to this document.  
On December 5, 2006 a call for review of the RADIUS extended attribute 
document was issued to the RADEXT WG:  
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2006/msg01002.html

Unfortunately, no review comments were received relating to this document.  
Since the call for review occurred during the holiday the call for review 
was reissued on March 20, 2007:
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2007/msg00161.html
 
This request did not garner much response either, so the call for review 
is being reissued one last time, in order to gauge whether there is 
sufficient interest in this work item. 
 
Please reply to this message indicating whether you believe the document
should be adopted as a RADEXT WG work item.  You need not have any 
comments on the document in order to respond affirmatively;  however, if 
you do not believe the document should be adopted, it would be helpful to 
explain why not.  
 
Please send comments to the RADEXT WG mailing list 
([email-masked]) by July 22, 2007. 

If you have issues to submit, please use the format described in the 
RADEXT Issue Tracker template, which can be found at:
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/RADEXT/

_______________________________________________
AAA-DOCTORS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/aaa-doctors