Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-avt-rfc3047-bis-08.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 15:50:48 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3047-bis-08.txt

Technical Summary
International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T) Recommendation G.722.1 is
a wide-band audio codec. This document describes the payload format for
including G.722.1 generated bit streams within an RTP packet. The
document also describes the syntax and semantics of the SDP parameters
needed to support G.722.1 audio codec.

Working Group Summary
The G722.1 codec can change bit rate in mid-stream. Dealing with this
successfully was an issue for discussion during WGLC. The resolution was
to require each bit rate to have its own payload type.

Document Quality
Magnus Westerlund performed the initial review of the document. Aurelien
Sollaud also provided careful reviews, particularly during WGLC.

Personnel

   Tom Taylor is the Document Shepherd. 

RFC Editor Note

  TODO - need to consider gen art comments and talk to magnus 

IRTF Note

  none

IESG Note

 non

IANA Note

  none