Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-irtf-routing-reqs-10.txt to Historic

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:40:43 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-reqs-10.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   The requirements for routing architectures described in this document
   were produced by two sub-groups under the IRTF Routing Research Group
   in 2001, with some editorial updates up to 2006.  The two sub-groups
   worked independently, and the resulting requirements represent two
   separate views of the problem and of what is required to fix the
   problem.  This document may usefully serve as part of the recommended
   reading for anyone who works on routing architecture designs for the
   Internet in the future.

   The document is published with the support of the IRTF RRG as a
   record of the work completed at that time, but with the understanding
   that it does not necessarily represent either the latest technical
   understanding or the technical consensus of the research group at the
   date of publication.

Working Group Summary

   This is an IRTF output, and is being considered by the IESG only 
   to consider whether there is any overlap or conflict with IETF work. 

Document Quality

   This is an informational document which is not subject to
   implementation. It has been carefully reviewed in the IRTF. 

Personnel

   Ross Callon has agreed to shepherd this through IESG review. 

RFC Editor Note

   This work does not conflict with IETF work, and we recommend that 
   the RFC editor publish this document. 

   Right after the first paragraph of section 3.1 (which starts: "It is 
   generally accepted..."), please add the following note:

     Reviewer's Note: Even in 2001, there was a wide difference of
     opinion across the community regarding the shortcomings of
     interdomain routing. In the years between writing and publication,
     further analysis, changes in operational practice, alterations to
     the demands made on inter-domain routing, modifications made to
     BGP and a recognition of the difficulty of finding a replacement
     may have altered the views of some members of the community.

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)