Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-02.txt toProposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:37:39 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-source-attribu
tes-02.txt

Technical Summary
This document defines a general SDP Capability Negotiation framework. It
also specifies how to provide attributes and transport protocols as
capabilities and negotiate them using the framework.

Working Group Summary
The MMUSIC Working Group has consensus to publish this document as a
Proposed Standard.

Document Quality
This mechanism feels an important gap in SDP. In particular, it allows
the description of specific media sources in SDP messages for RTP
Single-Source Multicast [I-D.ietf-avt-rtcpssm]. SSM needs to ensure that
receivers' RTP Synchronization Source Identifiers (SSRCs) do not collide
with those of media senders.

Personnel
The Proto Shepherd is Jean-Francois Mule, and the Responsible Area
Director is Cullen Jennings.

RFC Editor Note

Old:
  The above is the minimum that IANA will accept.  Attributes that are
  expected to see widespread use and interoperability SHOULD be
  documented with a standards-track RFC that specifies the attribute
  more precisely.

New:
  The above is the minimum that IANA will accept.  The Expert
  Reviewer will determine if the proposed attributes are expected
  to see widespread use and interoperability; in that case, a
  standards-track RFC MUST specify the attributes.

IANA Note

  Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]> tentatively assigned as expert