Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-mib-05.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 12:47:16 +0100

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-mib-05.txt

Technical Summary:

The Network Time Protocol (NTP) is used in networks of all types and
sizes for time synchronization of servers, workstations and other
networked equipment. As time synchronization is more and more a mission
critical service, standardized means for monitoring and management of
this subsystem of a networked host are required to allow operators of
such a service to setup a monitoring system that is
platform- and vendor-independant. This Internet draft provides a
standardized collection of data objects for monitoring the NTP entity of
such a network participant, and it is part of the NTP Version 4
standardization effort.

Working Group Summary:

The NTP working group has done extensive reviews of this document, and
it reflects the consensus of the working group.

Document Quality:

This document has been reviewed by several members of the
[email-masked] mailing list and by the NTP WG chairs.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)