Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-16.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:33:59 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-16.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the interactions between the Mobile IP Home
Agent and the Diameter server (AAA) in the case where the network access
service and the mobility service is not in the same administrative
domain.
The purpose of the interactions is to bootstrap the mobile node from the
MSP as part of the authentication and/or authorization process.

    The document defines new diameter applications to support IKEv2 and
MIPv6 authentication protocol. It defines diameter messages, AVPs and
command codes to carry the authentication, authorization and
bootstrapping attributes.

Working Group Summary

  There was consensus in the WG to publish the document.

Document Quality

  The document has been sent for review to MEXT. This document is part
of the solution for Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping problem defined in RFC
4640. It has received extensive reviews from DIME WG members.

Personnel

Victor Fajardo is the document shepherd, Dan Romascanu the Shepherding
AD. 

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)