Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-mipshop-mos-dhcp-options-13.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:20:03 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-mos-dhcp-options-
13.txt

Technical Summary

   The document defines the necessary Dynamic Host Configuration
   Protocol (DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) options that contain a list of domain
   name or IP addresses that can be mapped to servers providing IEEE
   802.21 type of Mobility Services [MSFD]. These Mobility Services
   are used to assist an MN in handover preparation (network discovery)
   and handover decision (network selection). The services addressed
   in this document are the Media Independent Handover Services
   defined in [IEEE802.21].

Working Group Summary

   This is a product of the MIPSHOP WG. There has also been
   considerable discussion in the DHC WG about the way this
   draft used or uses options. The resulting document is
   not unanimously supported, but represents the rough
   consensus.

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations or vendor plans to implement
   the specification.

Personnel

   Document shepherd: Vijay Devarapalli
   Responsible AD: Jari Arkko

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:57:17 -0400

Dan,

With:

At 05:20 AM 4/13/2009, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
>...

If there will be no implementations,
then there are no operational issues.

But seriously, perhaps the status should be Experimental
(or Historic, if appropriate). There must be a fairly
interesting back-story on this that I'm not aware of.

Editorial nits:
The draft has margin problems,
usually at the end of a section
the text indent moves to zero spaces (should be 3).

Al