Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-pkix-3281update-04.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:43:09 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-3281update-04.txt

Technical Summary

This specification defines a profile for the use of X.509 Attribute
Certificates in Internet Protocols.  Attribute certificates may be used
in a wide range of applications and environments covering a broad
spectrum of interoperability goals and a broader spectrum of operational
and assurance requirements.  The goal of this document is to establish a
common baseline for generic applications requiring broad
interoperability as well as limited special purpose requirements.  The
profile places emphasis on attribute certificate support for Internet
electronic mail, IPsec, and WWW security applications.  This document
obsoletes RFC 3281.

Working Group Summary

This ID was discussed on the mailing list and at multiple meetings. It
is a simple update to address known errata posted to the RFC editor and
to address an issue identified as a result of developing the
draft-ietf-pkix-authorityclearanceconstraints ID.  The clearance
attribute object identifier didn't match the attribute's X.509 object
identifier.

Document Quality

This document is an update of an existing draft and is comparable in
quality to its predecessor.  Note that most of the changes listed in
Appendix C of the document are a result of the long lag time between
updates (e.g., reference updates).

Personnel

Steve Kent is the document Shepherd.  Tim Polk is the responsible
Security Area AD.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)