Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-ipfix-file-03.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:32:31 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-file-03.txt

Technical Summary

This document describes a file format for the storage of flow data based
upon the IPFIX Protocol.  It proposes a set of requirements for
flat-file, binary flow data file formats, then specifies the IPFIX File
format to meet these requirements based upon IPFIX Messages.
This IPFIX File format is designed to facilitate interoperability and
reusability among a wide variety of flow storage, processing, and
analysis tools.

Working Group Summary

Work started on this document in 2006, and has gone through several
revisions in response to mailing list discussion.  Originally it
included the material about 'exporting type information,' but the WG
split it out into a seperate RFC to make it more easily accessible for
other uses.  The WG has reached a clear consensus on this draft.

Document Quality

This document has been reviwed by Benoit Claise, Paul Aitken, Andrew
Johnson, and Gerhard Muenz, as well as by the WG chairs.  Vijay K.
Gurbani reviewed the document on behaf of GenART. It specifies a file
format for IPFIX data, making the point that this is simply another data
transport for IPFIX.  It does not make any changes to the IPFIX
protocol.

Personnel

Nevil Brownlee is the Protocol Shepherd, Dan Romascanu is the
shepherding AD.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)