Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-03.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:30:09 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfix-exporting-type-02.t
xt

Technical Summary

 This document describes an extension to IPFIX to allow the encoding of
IPFIX Information Model properties within an IPFIX Message stream.
This enables the export of extended type information for enterprise-
specific Information Elements, facilitating interoperability and
reusability among a wide variety of applications and tools.

Working Group Summary

This document started out as a section in the 'IPFIX File' draft; it was
split out because it is useful in other contexts than files of IPFIX
data.  There was considerable mailing-list discussion on the best ways
to do this, it took several months for all the issues to be resolved.
Discussion ended late in June 08.  The final version of this draft (July
08) resolved issues raised in discussion.
The WG has reached a clear consensus on this draft.

Document Quality

 This document has been reviwed by Paul Aitken and Gerhard Muenz; their
reviews prompted discussion on the list.  It has also been reviewed by
the WG chairs.  It describes a set of new IPFIX Information Elements,
but does not make any changes to the IPFIX protocol.

Personnel

Nevil Brownlee is the Document Shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the
Responsible Area Director. [TBD] is the IANA Expert Reviewer. 

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)