Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-thomson-beep-async-02.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:32:11 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-thomson-beep-async-02.txt-02.t
xt

Technical Summary

   The Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol (BEEP) provides a protocol
   framework for the development of application protocols.  This
   document describes a BEEP feature that enables asynchrony for
   individual channels.

Working Group Summary

   This is an individual submission.

Document Quality

   This was reviewed on the mailing list for the concluded BEEP WG.
   There was moderate controversy about whether this extension was
   needed as it is possible to work-around the lack of this feature
   in BEEP at the next layer up.  No other technical objections were
   raised and there was explicit support from several parties.
   At least one open source BEEP library implementation has agreed
   to implement this extension.

Personnel

   Chris Newman is the document shepherd.  This has been reviewed for
the

   IESG by Alexey Melnikov.  Marshall Rose and other participants of the
   BEEP WG mailing list reviewed this proposal.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)