Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: RFC 3852 to Draft Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:46:18 +0200

A URL of this RFC is:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3852.txt

Technical Summary

   RFC3852 describes the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS).  This
   syntax is used to digitally sign, digest, authenticate, or encrypt
   arbitrary message content.

Working Group Summary

   RFC 3852 is widely referenced, and is a key building block for
   specifications developed by the S/MIME, ltans, and keyprov
   working groups.

Document Quality

   Two or more interoperable implementations have been identified for
   all features.  The implementation report is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/CMS-Interoperability-Report.txt

   Note that the implementation report was prepared according to the
   guidelines in draft-dusseault-impl-reports-00

Personnel

   Tim Polk is the responsible Area Director

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)