Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-saleem-msml-08.txt to Informational RFC

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:27:33 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saleem-msml-05.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary
 
This specification describes the Media Server Markup Language (MSML), a
language used to control and invoke a variety of services on media
servers used to support real-time communications. Common examples would
be conference services for audio and/or video bridges and interactive
voice response (IVR) systems.
 
Working Group Summary
 
This document is not a product of an IETF working group; it is an
individual submission via the RFC-Editor.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Jon Peterson and Robert Sparks have performed the RFC3932 reviews of
this document in conjunction with the chairs of the MEDIACTRL working
group.

IESG Note:
 
Please use the following standard IESG note:

      This RFC is not a candidate for any level of Internet Standard.
      The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this RFC for
      any purpose and in particular notes that the decision to publish
      is not based on IETF review for such things as security,
      congestion control, or inappropriate interaction with deployed
      protocols.  The RFC Editor has chosen to publish this document at
      its discretion.  Readers of this document should exercise caution
      in evaluating its value for implementation and deployment.  See
      RFC 3932 for more information.

Note to the RFC Editor:

The IESG recommends the following:

   3. The IESG thinks that publication is harmful to the IETF work done
      in the MEDIACTRL WG and recommends not publishing the document at 
      this time.

The MEDIACTRL chairs feel that this work directly competes with ongoing
work in their group. This work can be published after these drafts are
published:
    * draft-ietf-mediactrl-sipcontrol-framework
    * draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package
    * draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package