Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-10.txt to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 19:40:27 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-neg
otiation-10.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines a general SDP Capability Negotiation framework.
It also specifies how to provide attributes and transport protocols as
capabilities and negotiate them using the framework.
          
Working Group Summary

The MMUSIC Working Group has consensus to publish this document as a
Proposed Standard.
          
Document Quality

This mechanism was specifically designed to allow some shortcomings seen
in the field that could help deploy secure RTP (SRTP).  See page 11 of
the document, these SDP extensions allow an SDP agent to offer both RTP
and SRTP as alternatives, with SRTP being the preferred option using the
Offer/Answer mechanism.

Personnel

The Proto Shepherd is Jean-Francois Mule, and the Responsible Area
Director is Cullen Jennings.

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)