Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] FW: Evaluation: draft-ietf-dnsext-dnsproxy-05.txt to BCP

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 18:45:33 +0200

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnsproxy-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document is aimed at a target audience that is outside
   the IETF but implement DNS protocol elements, frequently without
   much understanding of the DNS protocol.  This document gives simple
   guidance to such people to avoid common mistakes, seen in the field,
   that cause major interoperabilty issues.

Working Group Summary

   The consensus for this document is real strong.

Document Quality

   This is a high quality draft, that is addressing an important aspect
   for the interoperabilty of the DNS protocol. Number of vendors that
   purchase/test DNS gateways have stated that compliance with this
   document is going to be a purchasing requirement.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd is: Olafur Gudmundsson
   AD: Ralph Droms

RFC Editor Note

  (Insert RFC Editor Note here or remove section)

IRTF Note

  (Insert IRTF Note here or remove section)

IESG Note

  (Insert IESG Note here or remove section)

IANA Note

  (Insert IANA Note here or remove section)

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 16:34:54 +0200

- 'DNS Proxy Implementation Guidelines '
   <draft-ietf-dnsext-dnsproxy-05.txt> as a BCP

This document is the product of the DNS Extensions Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

Personnel

RFC Editor Note

IRTF Note

IESG Note

IANA Note