Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] ACE problem description

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 07:19:00 +0000

Hello all

The need for a more detailed problem description for ACE has been voiced
on several occasions. As a first step in this direction we have submitted
a draft, see below.

In section 4 we list a set of candidate assumptions and requirements. The
purpose of making this list is not to stipulate "the unique problem
description", but to stimulate an aligned discussion on what assumptions
and requirements the protocols in the scope of ACE should be based on.

This version of the draft is not going into the transport protocol
requirements since this is still ongoing discussion.

This draft is one of the inputs to the ACE pre-WG meeting in Stockholm,
June 2-3.  I will give an update of that in a separate mail shortly.

Göran

On 17/05/14 09:06, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-seitz-ace-problem-description-00.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Goeran Selander and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-seitz-ace-problem-description
>Revision:	00
>Title:		Problem Description for Authorization in Constrained Environments
>Document date:	2014-05-16
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		14
>URL:            
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seitz-ace-problem-description-00
>.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seitz-ace-problem-description/
>Htmlized:       
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seitz-ace-problem-description-00
>
>
>Abstract:
>   We present a problem description for authentication and authorization
>   in constrained-node networks, i.e. networks which contain some
>   devices with severe constraints on power, memory, and processing
>   resources.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>