Subject: [AAA-DOCTORS] Fwd: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7683 (5278)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 12:22:01 +0100

Feedback on this second one?

Regards, B.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Technical Errata Reported] RFC7683 (5278)
Date: 	Tue, 6 Mar 2018 02:56:01 -0800
From: 	RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7683,
"Diameter Overload Indication Conveyance".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5278

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Lionel Morand <[email-masked]>

Section: 9.2

Original Text
-------------
9.2.  New Registries

    Two new registries have been created in the "AVP Specific Values"
    sub-registry under the "Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
    (AAA) Parameters" registry.

    A new "OC-Feature-Vector AVP Values (code 622)" registry has been
    created.  This registry contains the following:

       Feature Vector Value Name

       Feature Vector Value

       Specification defining the new value

    See Section 7.2 for the initial Feature Vector Value in the registry.
    This specification defines the value.  New values can be added to the
    registry using the Specification Required policy [RFC5226].

    A new "OC-Report-Type AVP Values (code 626)" registry has been
    created.  This registry contains the following:

       Report Type Value Name

       Report Type Value

       Specification defining the new value

    See Section 7.6 for the initial assignment in the registry.  New
    types can be added using the Specification Required policy [RFC5226].

Corrected Text
--------------
9.2.  New Registries

    Two new registries have been created in the "AVP Specific Values"
    sub-registry under the "Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
    (AAA) Parameters" registry.

    A new "OC-Feature-Vector AVP Values (code 622)" registry has been
    created.  This registry contains the following:

       Assigned Bit

       Feature Name

       Specification defining the new capability

    See Section 7.2 for the initial assigned bit in the registry.
    This specification defines the capbility announced by the setting of
    this bit.  New values can be added to the registry using the
    Specification Required policy [RFC5226].

    A new "OC-Report-Type AVP Values (code 626)" registry has been
    created.  This registry contains the following:

       Report Type Value Name

       Report Type Value

       Specification defining the new value

    See Section 7.6 for the initial assignment in the registry.  New
    types can be added using the Specification Required policy [RFC5226].

Notes
-----
This errata report is linked to the following errata report: Errata ID: 5277
The IANA registry created for the OC-Feature-Vector AVP Values (code 622) should only describe the use of the bit assigned to a given feature. There is no AVP value assigned to a given feature. The associated IANA registry should provide a table describing the setting of the bit assigned to a given feature/capability.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary.

--------------------------------------
RFC7683 (draft-ietf-dime-ovli-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Overload Indication Conveyance
Publication Date    : October 2015
Author(s)           : J. Korhonen, Ed., S. Donovan, Ed., B. Campbell, L. Morand
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG
.