Subject: [abfab] charter take 4

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:07:23 +0200

- - Josh's modified intro with Hannes' polish.
- - Final version (I hope) on overall WG scope
- - Removed UI language (per Elliots suggestion)
- - Eliots new language on SDO coordination with Scott's polish
- - Mention applicability statements for EAP in constraints section (per
Eliots suggestion)

I've also drawn up an ambitious schedule in the deliverables
section which divides the bulk of the work between the Beijing,
Prague and Quebec time-frames. Wouldn't it be nice to set IETF
records for focus and speed ;-) ?

	Cheers Leif

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:44:13 +0200

On 08/20/2010 10:31 AM, Luke Howard wrote:
> Hey Leif
> 
> * A standards-track protocol for carrying SAML messages in RADIUS and
> Diameter (Dec 2011)

ah yes, it should be 2010

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 07:56:38 -0400

>>>>> "Leif" == Leif Johansson <[email-masked]> writes:
You seem to have dropped Nico's input from yesterday.

    Leif> I've also drawn up an ambitious schedule in the deliverables
    Leif> section which divides the bulk of the work between the Beijing,
    Leif> Prague and Quebec time-frames. Wouldn't it be nice to set IETF
    Leif> records for focus and speed ;-) ?

The schedule does not belong in the deliverables section.  The
deliverables are part of the charter body and limit the scope of the
WG's output; changing them requires a recharter.  The schedule belongs
in a milestones section, which requires chair and AD approval to change.
Because of this, the milestones almost always duplicate the
deliverables.

I'd prefer a charter with Nico's final text from yesterday.  I can live
with this charter.

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:10:57 +0200

> Because of this, the milestones almost always duplicate the

Point taken!

> I'd prefer a charter with Nico's final text from yesterday.  I can live

I confess I missed his proposal. Will dig through email for it.

	Cheers Leif

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:13:02 +0200

> I'd prefer a charter with Nico's final text from yesterday.  I can live

I would like more statements of support or dissent for this item.

	Cheers Leif

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 10:16:10 +0200

> I would like more statements of support or dissent for this item.

I also liked Nico's text.  It may lead to rejecting weaker solutions,
but if the need for weaker solutions is strong enough, the charter could
be updated to include them eventually.  However, I would prefer to focus
on a secure solution with good properties now and worry about any
compromise proposals later on.

/Simon