Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gerdes-ace-actors-01.txt

From: Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 12:25:31 +0200

Hi all,

I have updated the Actors Draft. I added a list of tasks that are
required to meet the security requirements in constrained environments.

I hope this will help in the discussion about requirements for the
authentication and authorization solution.

I'm looking forward to your comments.

Thanks,
Steffi

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gerdes-ace-actors-01.txt
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:03:41 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>, Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-gerdes-ace-actors-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Stefanie Gerdes and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gerdes-ace-actors
Revision:	01
Title:		Actors in the ACE Architecture
Document date:	2014-07-04
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		23
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gerdes-ace-actors-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gerdes-ace-actors/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gerdes-ace-actors-01
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-gerdes-ace-actors-01

Abstract:
   Constrained nodes are small devices which are limited in terms of
   processing power, memory, non-volatile storage and transmission
   capacity.  Due to these constraints, commonly used security protocols
   are not easily applicable.  Nevertheless, an authentication and
   authorization solution is needed to ensure the security of these
   devices.

   Due to the limitations of the constrained nodes it is especially
   important to develop a light-weight security solution which is
   adjusted to the relevant security objectives of each participating
   party in this environment.  Necessary security measures must be
   identified and applied where needed.

   In this document, the required security related tasks are identified
   as guidance for the development of authentication and authorization
   solutions for constrained environments.  Based on the tasks, an
   architecture is developed to represent the relationships between the
   logical functional entities involved.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat