Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-seitz-ace-usecases-02.txt

From: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:11:04 +0100

Hello,

here is an updated version of our use-case draft. We have tried to 
integrate all comments we have received and we have also tried to 
simplify the document. Furthermore we have shifted focus from 
"requirements" (which some didn't like) to "authorization problems that 
need to be solved". The idea behind this change was to make the use 
cases even more solution independent, and just highlight the problems 
that solutions need to address.

We also added two new use cases and expanded the smart metering use case.

Regards,

Ludwig Seitz

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-seitz-ace-usecases-02.txt
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 03:04:04 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Mehdi Mani <[email-masked]>, Sandeep Kumar 
<[email-masked]>, Goeran Selander 
<[email-masked]>, Sandeep S. Kumar 
<[email-masked]>, Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>, Goran 
Selander <[email-masked]>, Stefanie Gerdes 
<[email-masked]>, Stefanie Gerdes <[email-masked]>, Ludwig Seitz 
<[email-masked]>, Mehdi Mani <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-seitz-ace-usecases-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ludwig Seitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-seitz-ace-usecases
Revision:	02
Title:		ACE use cases
Document date:	2014-10-27
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		24
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-seitz-ace-usecases-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seitz-ace-usecases/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seitz-ace-usecases-02
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-seitz-ace-usecases-02

Abstract:
    Constrained devices are nodes with limited processing power, storage
    space and transmission capacities.  These devices in many cases do
    not provide user interfaces and are often intended to interact
    without human intervention.

    This document comprises a collection of representative use cases for
    the application of authentication and authorization in constrained
    environments.  These use cases aim at identifying authorization
    problems that arise during the lifecylce of a constrained device and
    are intended to provide a guideline for developing a comprehensive
    authentication and access control solution for this class of
    scenarios.

    Where specific details are relevant, it is assumed that the devices
    use the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) as communication
    protocol, however most conclusions apply generally.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat