Subject: [Ace] Webinar on "Kantara User-Managed Access (UMA)"

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 10:29:40 +0100

Hi all,

earlier this year we organized a couple of webinars to hear about ACE-
relevant technologies, including OAuth, Kerberos, and the
PKI/certificate model.

In a recent chat with Eve Maler, who co-chairs the Kantara User-Managed
Access (UMA) working group, she volunteered to explain their ongoing
work to us. Eve is employed by Forgerock, a company developing identity
management solutions, and has been working in the identity management
space for a very long time.

UMA is a profile and application of OAuth that defines how resource
owners can control resource access by clients operated by arbitrary
requesting parties, where the resources reside on any number of resource
servers, and where a centralized authorization server governs access
based on resource owner policy. Recent investigations have shown promise
for applying UMA to Internet of Things authorization use cases.

The webinar will take place on January 13th 2015 at 8am PST.

We are looking forward to hear from Eve.

Ciao
Hannes & Kepeng

---------

Here is the Webex meeting info.

Webex Link:
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=mf6d0740b7959df0377a74117c49a0ff3

Meeting #: 641 684 081
Meeting password: test

Join by phone:
+1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll free number (US/Canada)
+1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 641 684 081

(As mentioned during earlier calls, the IETF Webex bridge does not offer
other dial-in numbers. If you want to dial-in from remote please use
Skype or some other VoIP tool to keep the costs at a reasonable level.)

Add this meeting to your calendar:
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=maca56e1e06cf3b2bc8322bd9a6d5afba

We are planning to enable recording but we do not promise that it will
work since there have been problems with the IETF Webex configuration in
the past.