Subject: [Ace] Reminder: ACE virtual interim meeting

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:17:13 +0100

Hi all,

I just wanted to remind you about the upcoming ACE interim meeting,
which is going to take place next week, Wednesday, March 2nd.

Here is the info:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01634.html

Kepeng distributed the agenda for the meeting some time ago already:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01633.html

We will obviously talk about our working group items:
 * Actors draft
 * ACE OAuth Solution draft

Additionally, the CWT will be presented to the group. Most likely we
will issue a call for adoption on that document.

I would also like to look at the milestones and make plans for the next
few months. I would also like to find out again what the best home for
an application layer security solution (on top of CoAP) would be. There
was some feedback on the list saying that CORE would be a good place but
overall there was not much feedback. Here is the link to my question:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01615.html

Kepeng had planned a 1-hour meeting and I am wondering whether it would
be OK for you if we run a bit over time. Are there problems with it?

Ciao
Hannes & Kepeng

---

From: Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:04:15 +0100

> which is going to take place next week, Wednesday, March 2nd.
~snip~
> be OK for you if we run a bit over time. Are there problems with it?

That would be fine with me.

/Ludwig

-- 
Ludwig Seitz, PhD
SICS Swedish ICT AB
Ideon Science Park
Building Beta 2
Scheelevägen 17
SE-223 70 Lund

Phone +46(0)70 349 9251
http://www.sics.se

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:17:32 +0100

I think the discussion died down quickly because the answer is such a
no-brainer.

-- Do the CoAP-related work in CoRE
-- Build the "object security" formats in COSE
-- Where authenticated authorization is required, use the ACE work

Maybe you have some other work in mind that doesn't fit this clear
division of work.

I should point out that a design team is quite active on moving forward
the CoAP-related work.  This is not easy work, but it appears to be
making good progress.

Grüße, Carsten

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
>  I would also like to find out again what the best home for

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:02:08 -0500

> http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ace/current/msg01634.html

We have (1600) 4pm BERLIN +0100 and 14:00 UTC, which are not the same
time in the emails.

--
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 07:39:12 +0100

Hi Carsten,

thanks for the feedback.

What design team are you referring to?

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 07:46:28 +0100

Hi Michael,

thanks for your response. You are completely right. I missed up the
Webex setting. Kepeng announced a starting time of 14:00 GMT for the
meeting.

I will post a correction to the list.

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 07:57:22 +0100

I am sorry that I previously distributed wrong Webex conference bridge
details. I messed up the start time for the interim meeting.

Here is the correct information:

Wednesday, March 2nd, 14:00 GMT (planned for 1 hour - we may run over time).

Webex:

Meeting number: 649 246 728
Meeting password: 6X2upMdh
Link:
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m787d2c01ec681b61b0d49c8326b4193d

Audio connection:
+1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll free number (US/Canada)
+1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 649 246 728

Ciao
Hannes

On 02/25/2016 12:17 PM, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
>

---

From: Samuel Erdtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 19:43:23 +0100

Hi,

I´m fine with the meeting running a bit over time.

I think that it would be good to have the application layer security
solution discussion during the meeting. IMHO it would be preferable to have
the application layer security solution written under ACE similarly to the
signed HTTP being under oauth.

//Samuel