Subject: [Ace] A question for the ACE framework and CWT

From: Samuel Erdtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 12:38:11 +0200

Hi

When writing the IANA mapping sections for the ACE framework and CWT I
first required registrations to include the CBOR major type, Later I did
not (e.g.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-02#section-10.7). I
would like to here the preferences of the group so that we can update
mapping registries to have the same format.

The benefit of having the CBOR major type in the registry is that one then
has more of the important information in one place.

On the other hand it is not relay necessary to have it there, the reason
for the mapping registries is to avoid CBOR label/key conflicts between
attributes. So information about

In COSE (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-13) it is included
"value  This contains the CBOR type for the value portion of the label."

I would vote to keep data in registries at a minimum, i.e. exclude CBOR
Major type from there.

Opinions?

Best regards
//Samuel

---

From: Samuel Erdtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 08:32:04 +0200

It was pointed out to me that the sentence below ended abruptly (thanks
Ludwig)

"On the other hand it is not relay necessary to have it there, the reason
for the mapping registries is to avoid CBOR label/key conflicts between
attributes. So information about"

It should be

On the other hand it is not relay necessary to have it there, the reason
for the mapping registries is to avoid CBOR label/key conflicts between
attributes. So information about major type can just as well be kept in the
specification defining the mapping.

//Samuel

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Samuel Erdtman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-02#section-10.7).
> I would like to here the preferences of the group so that we can update
> In COSE (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cose-msg-13) it is
> included "value  This contains the CBOR type for the value portion of the
> label."
>