Subject: [Ace] Volunteer to set up the wiki

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 10:16:00 -0400

Hello,

In Prague, we agreed as a next step we would pull together a
comparison chart for profiles using the WG wiki.  Can I get a
volunteer to set up the wiki page?  You should first get agreement
(light agreement as we need to move on this) as to what we want to
compare.  The list for comparison does not appear in the minutes, but
was discussed in the meeting, so the recording might be helpful.

Here is a link to the wiki:
https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ace
-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:41:23 +0000

Hi Kathleen,

As I remember the reason to set up the Wiki was to generate a roadmap for
the ACE work. We noted dependencies and potential overlap between
different profiles and some content rather belonging to the framework than
individual profile. A starting point for deciding on the roadmap could be
a table with rows for each profile and where the columns could be some
distinguishing features of each profile such as: the scope of the profile,
nodes (if other than client and RS), protocols used between nodes
(including security protocols), dependence on other profiles, candidate
framework functionality described in the draft, etc.

If people agree with this I can help setting up the table, and those
proposing profiles could fill in the rows.

Best regards,
Göran

On 2017-09-12 16:16, "Ace on behalf of Kathleen Moriarty"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Ace mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:47:34 -0400

Hi Goran,

> proposing profiles could fill in the rows.

Yes, thank you.  This was the purpose and the agreed starting point
was a comparison table to review the profiles during an interim
session.  It would be good to get this all moving along soon so we can
accomplish this well in advance of Singapore.  Being able to have
meaningful conversations on profiles and prioritizing them will be
very helpful toward forward progress.

Best regards,
Kathleen

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 17:49:26 +0100

Hello,

+1 for row and column information. For completeness sake,
I was thinking whether the column information should be the  coming from
the list in draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-07,  Appendix C.  Requirements on
Profiles.

Thanks,
--Cigdem

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Göran Selander <[email-masked]
> wrote:

---

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:57:33 +0000

Hi Cigdem,

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Tuesday 12 September 2017 at 18:49
To: Göran Selander <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Re: [Ace] Volunteer to set up the wiki

Hello,

+1 for row and column information. For completeness sake,
I was thinking whether the column information should be the  coming from the list in draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-07,  Appendix C.  Requirements on Profiles.

Yes, that’s a good starting point.

Thanks,
Göran

Thanks,
--Cigdem

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Göran Selander <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Hi Kathleen,

Best regards,
Göran

On 2017-09-12 16:16, "Ace on behalf of Kathleen Moriarty"
<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

>[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
Ace mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace

---

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 12:31:41 -0400

Hi Goran,

I see you've started working on the wiki template, thank you!  You may
already have this as a planned addition, but I'd like to see
implementation and use cases listed as comparison points too.  This
might assist the working group with prioritization.

Thanks, again!
Kathleen

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Göran Selander
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Cigdem,
>
> From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
> To: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
> <[email-masked]>
> I was thinking whether the column information should be the  coming from the
> list in draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-07,  Appendix C.  Requirements on
> Profiles.
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Göran Selander

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen

---

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 16:44:09 +0000

Hi Kathleen, and all,

Yes, I started today but got interrupted. I added your items to the list
just now. 

All: If you are missing some comparison criteria please add directly to
the Wiki or respond to this mail

Best regards,
Göran