Subject: [Ace] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ace-cbor-web-token-12.txt> (CBOR Web Token (CWT)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:07:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments WG (ace) to consider the following document: - 'CBOR
Web Token (CWT)'
  <draft-ietf-ace-cbor-web-token-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   CBOR Web Token (CWT) is a compact means of representing claims to be
   transferred between two parties.  The claims in a CWT are encoded in
   the Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) and CBOR Object
   Signing and Encryption (COSE) is used for added application layer
   security protection.  A claim is a piece of information asserted
   about a subject and is represented as a name/value pair consisting of
   a claim name and a claim value.  CWT is derived from JSON Web Token
   (JWT) but uses CBOR rather than JSON.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-cbor-web-token/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-cbor-web-token/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.