Subject: [Ace] RFC 8392 on CBOR Web Token (CWT)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 15:58:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8392

        Title:      CBOR Web Token (CWT) 
        Author:     M. Jones,
                    E. Wahlstroem,
                    S. Erdtman,
                    H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 46316
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ace-cbor-web-token-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8392

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8392

CBOR Web Token (CWT) is a compact means of representing claims to be
transferred between two parties.  The claims in a CWT are encoded in
the Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR), and CBOR Object
Signing and Encryption (COSE) is used for added application-layer
security protection.  A claim is a piece of information asserted
about a subject and is represented as a name/value pair consisting of
a claim name and a claim value.  CWT is derived from JSON Web Token
(JWT) but uses CBOR rather than JSON.

This document is a product of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC