Subject: [Ace] FW: Mail regarding draft-ietf-ace-key-groupcomm

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 06:52:27 -0700

I cc-ed this to the wrong list. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 6:43 PM
To: [email-masked]'
<[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Subject: Mail regarding draft-ietf-ace-key-groupcomm

Some additional things that need to be thought about.

1.  Someplace as part of the re-key discussions there ought to be some
commentary on the wisdom of rate limiting the frequency of doing re-keying
operations.

2. I think that there should be an optional parameter that says "If this
much time has elapsed since the last time you checked, see if the group id
has changed."  This would be combined with a polling client to ensure that
they check for an updated key context before doing some operation.

3.  What happens in the following situations:
a) The key context is changed between a request being sent and the server
receiving the request.  This could just be because the sender did not get
the notification of the key context changing.

b) The response takes "a while" to generate and the key context is changed
after the request is received, but before the response is sent.

c)  The key context is changed in the middle of a block-wise transfer.

Jim