Subject: [Ace] Fwd:New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-01.txt

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2019 22:37:07 +0100

Hello,

We have uploaded a new version of the MQTT-TLS profile.
Thank you very much for the feedback and responses  - Jim, Daniel, Ludwig,
Carsten and Hannes.

We have done the following changes. However, even though we tried to keep a
clear language around the HTTPS/CoAP, JSON/CBOR, JWT/CWT, we are aware that
more work needs to be done; and these are also tied to OAuth WG.

Version 00 to 01:

   o  Presented the MQTTv5 as the RECOMMENDED version, and MQTT v3.1.1
for backward
compatibility.

   o  Clarified Will message.

   o  Improved consistency in the use of terminology, and upper/lower

      case.

   o  Defined Broker and MQTTS.

   o  Clarified HTTPS use for C-AS and RS-AS communication.  Removed

      reference to actors document, and clarified the use of client

      authorization server.

   o  Clarified the Connect message payload and Client Identifier.

   o  Presented different methods for passing the token, and PoP.

   o  Added new figures for AUTH methods, updated CONNECT message

      figure.

Thank you very much for your help.
--Cigdem

On 05/10/2019, 22:29, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-01.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Cigdem Sengul and posted to the
    IETF repository.

    Name:               draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile
    Revision:   01
    Title:              MQTT-TLS profile of ACE
    Document date:      2019-10-05
    Group:              ace
    Pages:              23
    URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-01.txt
    Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile/
    Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-01
    Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile
    Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-01

    Abstract:
       This document specifies a profile for the ACE (Authentication and
       Authorization for Constrained Environments) to enable authorization
       in an MQTT-based publish-subscribe messaging system.  Proof-of-
       possession keys, bound to OAuth2.0 access tokens, are used to
       authenticate and authorize MQTT Clients.  The protocol relies on TLS
       for confidentiality and server authentication.

    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

    The IETF Secretariat