Subject: [Ace] Fwd: FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-02.txt

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 23:07:55 +0000

Dear ace,

I have just submitted a new version of the mqtt_tls profile to address Jim
and Daniel's comments.
Mainly the changes include:

 Version 01 to 02:

   o  Expanded Client connection authorization to capture different

      options for Client and Broker authentication over TLS and MQTT

   o  Removed Payload (and specifically Client Identifier) from PoP

      validation in favor of using tls-exporter for a TLS-session

      based challenge.

   o  Moved token transport via "authz-info" topic from the Appendix to

      the main text.

   o  Clarified Will scope.

   o  Added MQTT AUTH to terminology.

   o  Typo fixes, and simplification of figures.

Tried to capture all input, however,
I am aware that the part that uses tls-exporter for PoP is under-specified.
However, this got a bit confusing to specify after reading the ace-coap-est
channel binding and tls-unique discussion.
Also looked at other drafts like QUIC, TTLS etc. that use tls-exporter to
export keying material and challenge information.
It seems necessary to register a new label for the exporter?

Thanks,

--Cigdem

On 03/11/2019, 22:57, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

    A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-02.txt
    has been successfully submitted by Cigdem Sengul and posted to the
    IETF repository.

    Name:               draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile
    Revision:   02
    Title:              MQTT-TLS profile of ACE
    Document date:      2019-11-02
    Group:              ace
    Pages:              24
    URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-02.txt
    Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile/
    Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-02
    Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile
    Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-02

    Abstract:
       This document specifies a profile for the ACE (Authentication and
       Authorization for Constrained Environments) framework to enable
       authorization in an MQTT-based publish-subscribe messaging system.
       Proof-of-possession keys, bound to OAuth2.0 access tokens, are used
       to authenticate and authorize MQTT Clients.  The protocol relies on
       TLS for confidentiality and server authentication.

    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

    The IETF Secretariat