Subject: [Ace] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-27.txt> (Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) using the OAuth 2.0 Framework (ACE-OAuth)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 19:58:55 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Authentication and Authorization for
Constrained Environments WG (ace) to consider the following document: -
'Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE)
   using the OAuth 2.0 Framework (ACE-OAuth)'
  <draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz-27.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-12-13. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification defines a framework for authentication and
   authorization in Internet of Things (IoT) environments called ACE-
   OAuth.  The framework is based on a set of building blocks including
   OAuth 2.0 and CoAP, thus transforming a well-known and widely used
   authorization solution into a form suitable for IoT devices.
   Existing specifications are used where possible, but extensions are
   added and profiles are defined to better serve the IoT use cases.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3123/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc4949: Internet Security Glossary, Version 2 (Informational - Independent Submission Editor stream)