Subject: [Ace] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-00.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:09:09 +0100

Hello ACE,

We have recently submitted a new draft "Notification of Revoked Access
Tokens in the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained
Environments (ACE) Framework".

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification

The document describes how an Authorization Server can notify Clients
and Resource Servers of revoked but yet not expired Access Tokens. This
is achieved by means of device-specific Token Revocation List (TRL)
resources at the AS, that the associated device can access and observe
by using resource observation for CoAP.

This approach complements token introspection at the AS, and does not
require additional endpoints on Clients and Resource Servers.

Comments are very welcome.

Best,
/Marco

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-00.txt
Date: 	Mon, 4 Nov 2019 11:25:56 -0800
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Ludwig Seitz <[email-masked]>, Grace Lewis
<[email-masked]>, Sebastian Echeverria <[email-masked]>,
Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>, Francesca Palombini
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification
Revision: 00
Title: Notification of Revoked Access Tokens in the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) Framework
Document date: 2019-11-04
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 10
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-ace-revoked-token-notification

Abstract:
This document specifies a method of the Authentication and
Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE) framework, which
allows an Authorization Server to notify Clients and Resource Servers
(i.e., registered devices) about revoked Access Tokens. The method
relies on resource observation for the Constrained Application
Protocol (CoAP), with Clients and Resource Servers observing a
dedicated, device-specific Token Revocation List on the Authorization
Server. Resulting unsolicited notifications of revoked Access Tokens
complement alternative approaches such as token introspection, while
not requiring additional endpoints on Clients and Resource Servers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat