Subject: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 14:33:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : An Authorization Information Format (AIF) for ACE
        Author          : Carsten Bormann
	Filename        : draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-09.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2020-06-27

Abstract:
   Constrained Devices as they are used in the "Internet of Things" need
   security.  One important element of this security is that devices in
   the Internet of Things need to be able to decide which operations
   requested of them should be considered authorized, need to ascertain
   that the authorization to request the operation does apply to the
   actual requester, and need to ascertain that other devices they place
   requests on are the ones they intended.

   To transfer detailed authorization information from an authorization
   manager (such as an ACE-OAuth Authorization Server) to a device, a
   representation format is needed.  This document provides a suggestion
   for such a format, the Authorization Information Format (AIF).  AIF
   is defined both as a general structure that can be used for many
   different applications and as a specific refinement that describes
   REST resources and the permissions on them.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-ace-aif/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-core-ace-aif-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/