Subject: Re: [Ace] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's No Objection on draft-ietf-ace-oscore-profile-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Francesca Palombini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 16:46:40 +0000

Hi Zahed,

Thank you very much for the review! We have incorporated your changes in the newly submitted v-18 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ace-oscore-profile-18 , but you can also see the specific changes in the github: 
https://github.com/ace-wg/ace-oscore-profile/commit/e234968d5078e667a0646fba3e708729c39dcadd 

Answers inline.

Thanks again,
Francesca

On 24/03/2021, 21:07, "iesg on behalf of Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-ace-oscore-profile-17: No Objection

    When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
    email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
    introductory paragraph, however.)

    Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
    for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

    The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-oscore-profile/

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    COMMENT:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Thanks for this document.

    I support Roman's discuss and have similar observations when it comes to
    normative text usage (see Roman's discuss comments).

FP: Yes, we have now addressed his discuss.

    Some nits below --

    * Section 2:
          This
          profile RECOMMENDS the use of OSCORE between client and AS, to reduce
          the number of libraries the client has to support, but other
          protocols fulfilling the security requirements defined in section 5
          of [I-D.ietf-ace-oauth-authz] (such as TLS or DTLS) MAY be used as
          well.

     [TLS, DTLS] reference is missing.

FP: Right, added.

    * Section 3.2:
       Typo : s/parameeter/parameter

FP: Fixed.