Subject: [Ace] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ace-pubsub-profile-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:00:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Pub-Sub Profile for Authentication and Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE)
        Authors         : Francesca Palombini
                          Cigdem Sengul
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ace-pubsub-profile-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2021-12-29

Abstract:
   This specification defines an application profile for authentication
   and authorization for Publishers and Subscribers in a constrained
   pub-sub scenario, using the ACE framework.  This profile relies on
   transport layer or application layer security to authorize the pub-
   sub clients to the broker.  Moreover, it describes the use of
   application layer security to protect the content of the pub-sub
   client message exchange through the broker.  The profile covers pub-
   sub scenarios using either the Constrained Application Protocol
   (CoAP) [I-D.ietf-core-coap-pubsub] or the Message Queue Telemetry
   Transport (MQTT) [MQTT-OASIS-Standard-v5] protocol.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ace-pubsub-profile/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-ace-pubsub-profile-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ace-pubsub-profile-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Cigdem Sengul <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 23:14:38 +0000

Dear Ace,
I've uploaded a new version of the pub-sub document before the document
expired on January 1, 2022.
This version partially addresses the review comments of Marco [August 30
and October 12] (Thanks, Marco!).

The new version makes the following changes:
1) Changes to using two authorization requests to AS. One request where the
audience is the broker and the other is the KDC. This approach was
considered more appropriate in IETF 111 discussion and discussion e-mails
with Marco to the group.
2) Change from COSE_Key used as a public key, support UCCS.
3) Various rewording suggestions captured in this Github issue:
https://github.com/ace-wg/pubsub-profile/issues/12
<https://github.com/ace-wg/pubsub-profile/issues/12>
4) Revised discussion around application group to security group mapping,
and MQTT text - discussion captured here:
https://github.com/ace-wg/pubsub-profile/issues/14

There are several open issues, some of which marked as ToDo in the
submitted draft (e.g., multiple publishers protecting topic content, better
alignment to the new KDC interface etc., which can be seen here:
https://github.com/ace-wg/pubsub-profile/issues.
<https://github.com/ace-wg/pubsub-profile/issues>
Therefore, a new version will be uploaded soon again to handle those.

Happy new year to all!

-Cigdem

On Wed, Dec 29, 2021 at 11:00 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

>         Title           : Pub-Sub Profile for Authentication and
> Authorization for Constrained Environments (ACE)
> _______________________________________________
> Ace mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ace
>